Do you go for EVERY price drop?

Even when we booked 16 months in advance, our cruise only went up in price. This time we booked 2 years early so an constantly checking but since it's the newest ship, I don't expect to ever be in the situation where I could call in for a price drop.

But if you do see one...why not? It may as well be in your pocket. Think of it as 2 fun drinks.

I think that's different. This is for the most part mindless babble. [emoji33]

I just think of all the horror stories of folks getting things screwed up when they try and modify their reservations.

I would be terrified to call for a price change. Heck, I've had details of my reservation change just by making a final payment. OBC was lost and had to be found.

I just think of all the horror stories of folks getting things screwed up when they try and modify their reservations.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Royal's evil plan is working.....FEAR!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

We haven't seen a price drop for Royal since we had a monster drop on Allure in 2014. DW usually goes 'fishing' for drops but since we started booking early we haven't seen any. We did get one for our upcoming Celebrity in 2018 but that's about it.

Well, we certainly all learned what happens when you have the audacity to cancel a drink package. The rest of the cruise gets cancelled with it.

Well, we certainly all learned what happens when you have the audacity to cancel a drink package. The rest of the cruise gets cancelled with it.

Yep, stuff like that.

Oh, and don't forget losing all your dining and show reservations on the big ships

You have to watch the price drops now, because sometimes you lose some OBC by getting a price drop. I always have to find out if the price drop is worth losing some OBC. No sense in getting a price drop and losing more in OBC than the price drop.

Gwen [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Never had to but my money where my mouth is (or my time where my money is??) because all of my previous price drops have been >$50pp. I book direct and it's easy enough to put my phone on speaker and go about my business until I hear a non-recorded human voice, no matter how long the wait. I'd therefore probably go for just about any drop. Really though, I'll set the minimum at $12...the cost of a drink. Never had a reservation problem as a result of a price drop, but that would definitely make me more reluctant should it happen

I am not sure how this works. I did a mock booking and our room was $200 less. Then I checked on my son and his wife's balcony and it was $400 less. I got a deal though where they gave you shipboard credit to cover the gratuities. I booked four rooms for my entire family costing well over $14,000 for the four rooms. Anyway, I paid the gratuities and they get to keep the credit.

I sent an e-mail to TA but she was out. I called Crown and Anchor and they said yes, but the only way to get the price drop was for TA to call. I called their office and the TA I talked to said I would not save anything because they would take my shipboard credit. I did not understand so I gave up.

I am not sure how this works. I did a mock booking and our room was $200 less. Then I checked on my son and his wife's balcony and it was $400 less. I got a deal though where they gave you shipboard credit to cover the gratuities. I booked four rooms for my entire family costing well over $14,000 for the four rooms. Anyway, I paid the gratuities and they get to keep the credit.

I sent an e-mail to TA but she was out. I called Crown and Anchor and they said yes, but the only way to get the price drop was for TA to call. I called their office and the TA I talked to said I would not save anything because they would take my shipboard credit. I did not understand so I gave up.

Many times, the TA gives you perks out of their commissions. If the price of the cruise goes down, their commission goes down, so there's less for them to share with you.

I would be terrified to call for a price change. Heck, I've had details of my reservation change just by making a final payment. OBC was lost and had to be found.

Question... How do you see your OBC? I booked with this "refund" sale and am pretty sure it said I have $200 to spend on board, but I cannot figure out how to see it anywhere. (I am spoiled to booking onboard at Disney where I get a printout then and there. Or even booking by phone with fathom I got emailed details of the cruise that showed OBC.

But I cannot seem to see anything like that with RCCL. And I just got an email saying payment had been received. No attached details.

Question... How do you see your OBC? I booked with this "refund" sale and am pretty sure it said I have $200 to spend on board, but I cannot figure out how to see it anywhere. (I am spoiled to booking onboard at Disney where I get a printout then and there. Or even booking by phone with fathom I got emailed details of the cruise that showed OBC.

But I cannot seem to see anything like that with RCCL. And I just got an email saying payment had been received. No attached details.

Contact whoever booked your cruise as ask them to send Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation.

I booked online. So I could call RCCL and ask for it to be sent? (No big deal as I need to call them anyway to change my cabin as the system doesn't want to let me do it online.)

Yes, call the RC customer service number, or better yet call Crown & Anchor if you are a member.