How to charge electrical items

The charger for those appliances?!?:confused:

Did I win anything? Maybe a keychain?:rolleyes:

No, a t-shirt at the very least! Seriously, how many devices do people need and why do they all need to be charged at the same time?

Let's see ... things to be charged overnight:

2 phones (VOOM)

1 tablet (e-reader)

Camera batteries

We have 2 iphones, 2 kindles and two cameras that need charging. None of them take a full night to charge. We plug in whatever needs the most charging anytime we are in the cabin. We will charge a couple of things overnight and then swap them out in the morning with another device to charge while we are showering and getting ready for the day. We do the same when we are getting ready for dinner.

Our cameras are new and hold a charge for a long time even with my DH taking over 1,000 pictures with his DSLR.

It can be done even without a power strip.

2 phones (VOOM)

1 tablet (e-reader)

Camera batteries

Than you have no problem. Many of the rooms now have 4 plugs. 2 at 110 and 2 at 240. You can buy the adapter in bulk for something like 5 for $10 on amazon. Your phones and tablet should be able to charge on the 240 plus, your camera might be able to. Almost everything electronic these days are made to handle both. You can also buy at places like K-mart a universal adapter around $10 that will plug into the outlet, and they mostly have a USB jack as well as a standard plug.

I bring a 5 port USB power brick that can do 2.1 amp per port. We have two phones, one PC tablet, one Android tablet, one e-reader, and a camera. Thinking of a new camera before our trip and the battery charger will also be USB powered.

It's nice to have one charger with a few cables that can be swapped out to charge everything we might need.

We brought the Belkin multi-charger on the last trip, and was glad we had it... I think it has 2 USBs and two outlets on it.

The ever-popular Belkin multi-charger, like most units that combine USB ports and power outlets, is surge protected and should not be used onboard a ship, as it can pose a fire hazard. Surge protected devices are not needed on ships (none of the ship's electronics are protected by them), and are hazardous to use.

The ever-popular Belkin multi-charger, like most units that combine USB ports and power outlets, is surge protected and should not be used onboard a ship, as it can pose a fire hazard. Surge protected devices are not needed on ships (none of the ship's electronics are protected by them), and are hazardous to use.

This! Listen to him...

2 phones (VOOM)

1 tablet (e-reader)

Camera batteries

nope. we have an external battery that can bring both of our phones( double as cameras) to at least 60% from zero during the day. the ipad.. it can charge it once to about 30%. I am seriously considering getting a second, more powerful external charger that will cover the iPad. one can be charging during the day, when out of the room, the other can charge overnight.

back when we still had traditional cameras, we had 3 sets of batteries. one in the camera and one extra on hand with the third charging during the day. just rotate which battery is being charged.

there are 2 plugs on the vanity. bring the USB converter for each phone and you are covered, or better yet get one that has multiple USB ports. I have also usually found another plug elsewhere in the cabin, usually behind the couch or bed.

I will say that we do request a power strip for his hearing aids , which requires a port for the actual aids and one for his little interface/bluetooth accessory. so we have at least one extra plus at our disposal.

we also often do a quickie partial charge while getting ready for dinner or even while at meals/the pool deck

Why not bring a power strip? Or a smaller strip that has only three outlets? That's what I bring, but we only have 2 phones and a battery backup for those phones.

if it has a surge protector( and most do these days) you may not use it on board. I have an ancient one that does not( its a true extension cord) but it is so old that I would never bring it on board due to possible bad wiring.

I have one of these with 3 usb outlets that I use on various occasions. On my next cruise, it will just sit in the backpack during the day charging whatever needs it. At night, I just plug it back in and its good for the next day. With 2 kids, the wife and I, it comes in handy.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00X5RV14Y?ref=emc_b_5_t

Most people don't realize that most chargers only put out about .5 amp so they take forever to charge something. I have a couple of chargers that put out 1.5 - 2.0 amps and they will charge most devices in about an hour. We can swap out 3-4 devices during the evening with no problem. We seldom have to plug everything in all at the same time.

We do charge our Nooks every night and I will charge my IPad to take on deck just in case I want to take a photo, Email or text some body.

Most people don't realize that most chargers only put out about .5 amp so they take forever to charge something. I have a couple of chargers that put out 1.5 - 2.0 amps and they will charge most devices in about an hour. We can swap out 3-4 devices during the evening with no problem. We seldom have to plug everything in all at the same time.

We do charge our Nooks every night and I will charge my IPad to take on deck just in case I want to take a photo, Email or text some body.

The one I mentioned above puts out 3A per port. Charges pretty quick.

My ereader needs charging once every 5 months. The battery lasts forever

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Amazing, isn't it? I wish all of my devices were like that. ;)

By the way, we noticed language in the cruise contract banning Galaxy Note 7 devices because of the battery issue.

The one I mentioned above puts out 3A per port. Charges pretty quick.

That should charge most stuff pretty quick. You have to be careful when looking at the Amp output for any USB device as some times it's says "3A" but that's with only one port in use. I have an older Belkin with two USB ports and when I plug in two devices it splits the total amperage output between the two ports. Still charges much faster than those Apple plugs at .5 amps.