Upgraded to the Master Suite?

My TA is currently on the last segment of the world cruise on the Navigator. The couple in the master suite decided to leave the ship, and he was offered an upgrade to that suite for the duration of the cruise (at a price). Is this a common occurrence? The original couple paid for that suite for the whole cruise, and now Regent "re-sells" it?:confused:

Interesting. We were on the second segment and there was a couple who decided to fly over the bad bits and meet the ship at the next destination. Given that the Navigator bobs like a cork, I wonder if the couple who left the ship decided that another week on the open seas what just too much!

Given that the Navigator bobs like a cork, I wonder if the couple who left the ship decided that another week on the open seas what just too much!

You are most likely correct! He's claiming rough seas.

Host Dan, no different than if a person cancels with 100% penalty or even something else then of course all cruise lines will try to resell the suite. Thus doubling income and not refunding any of the additional revenue to the person canceling. Nothing at all similar to someone who breaks their apartment lease where the landlord is required to mitigate losses by finding a new tenant. If the landlord finds a new tenant, the person breaking the lease does not have to pay once a new tenant is living there.. Otherwise after a reasonable amount of time to re-rent the lease breaker is off the hook.

My TA is currently on the last segment of the world cruise on the Navigator. The couple in the master suite decided to leave the ship, and he was offered an upgrade to that suite for the duration of the cruise (at a price). Is this a common occurrence? The original couple paid for that suite for the whole cruise, and now Regent "re-sells" it?:confused:

I don't know if it's a common occurrence, but if I was running things at Regent I'd do the same thing. Why not try and whip up some extra revenue? The folks who left obviously knew it was non-refundable - what would you suggest, just leave the suite unoccupied? I'd sure offer the upsell. Why not?

Regent, could as a great good will gesture, just ask them if they would like the upgrade without a price - that would be awesome! Lets face, they would be talking about that for years! Instead, they will mention the fact that Regent is getting paid twice for the space!

I understand Regent "auctioned" the suite and many other items, with all funds going to the crew social and activity fund. I believe they raised in excess of $30k 😎

I understand Regent "auctioned" the suite and many other items, with all funds going to the crew social and activity fund. I believe they raised in excess of $30k 😎

Yes! Confirmed that this is true! Do you know how much my TA bid for the suite? ;)

The suite was "bought" at the auction - benefits the Crew Fund. There were a number of other items sold - dinner with some of the Staff, a tour below decks, an opportunity be a guest bar tender, the ability to invite "your favorite staff to dinner in Compass Rose" etc.

The auction raise over $30,000.00.

Lots of fun! Jamie did an excellent job!

Peggy

Now that was a great PR move. They'll have everyone who was on-board talking about it. Giving it for free to a TA who likely got a significant discount to begin with would surely upset other passengers who may have already paid more for their cruise than the TA.

Good move, Regent!

Now that was a great PR move. They'll have everyone who was on-board talking about it. Giving it for free to a TA who likely got a significant discount to begin with would surely upset other passengers who may have already paid more for their cruise than the TA.

Good move, Regent!

They didn't give it away to my TA. He outbid the highest bidder.

Yes! Confirmed that this is true! Do you know how much my TA bid for the suite? ;)

I have been told an amount, but as I wasn't there I don't really think it's fair to share 😉