Please Welcome Your New Cruise Critic Host: Host Grandma Cruising

LauraS

• Administrators

Hello everyone!

I'm so pleased to announce that we have a brand new host here on the Azamara Club Cruises forum on Cruise Critic; please join me in welcoming Host Grandma Cruising!

As you probably can see, this is formerly Grandma Cruising! She's been a member since 2009 and has contributed greatly to our community. In addition to enjoying cruising on Azamara Club Cruises, she (and her hubby) have traveled all over the world, including the Maldives, Australia, Africa, South America, the US, Sri Lanka, India, the Middle East, Thailand, Vietnam, the Caribbean and the Seychelles and have taken many trips in Europe including to Greece, Spain, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Italy and Croatia.

Once again, please join me in welcoming her by replying to this post!

Laura

On behalf of all of us at Azamara Club Cruises I warmly welcome Grandma Cruising as the new Host of our forum on Cruise Critic!

I'm so happy we have a Host again, and that Cruise Critic has chosen you. Your comments and helpful tips on our forum have always been spot on. Welcome!

Congratulations.We have not had the experience of an Azamara cruise yet ( one booked for March 2018) I will look forward to reading all your tips on this excellent forum especially the knowledge of one who has sailed on her so many times and has a British way of thinking.

Hello

Congrats to Grandma Cruising. You clearly have a wealth of knowledge and looking forward to learning from you.

On a side note could someone please explain to me what a host really is/does? I have seen them on numerous threads but not sure exactly their jobs. Sorry to be such a dum dum

Kathy

Hello

Congrats to Grandma Cruising. You clearly have a wealth of knowledge and looking forward to learning from you.

On a side note could someone please explain to me what a host really is/does? I have seen them on numerous threads but not sure exactly their jobs. Sorry to be such a dum dum

Kathy

One thing they can do is lock down a whole thread. examples on twice and just not a good thread. One i have used is to have them remove a post that si rude on a thread. They also can give good advice to us from the ship to guiselines on using CC,

So pleased we have a Host from UK ( Yorkshire too!!)

Congratulations

I agree, what we need now is to persuade Azamara to call at HULL our local port.

I am sure our overseas friends would love to visit to visit York and Yorkshire.

One thing they can do is lock down a whole thread. examples on twice .

2/3 threads on the same topic can be merged.

Or a thread can be moved to a more appropriate section e.g. Ports.

Thanks again everyone. Rabin1 - Cruise Critic describe the role as to stimulate conversations in the forum and to remove posts that violate Cruise Critic guidelines. As upwarduk says I can merge threads - for example sometimes 2 Roll-calls might get set up for the same cruise, so I can merge them into one. I also try to help CC members by answering questions about Azamara, if I know the answer, or directing people to where they can find what they need to know.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree, what we need now is to persuade Azamara to call at HULL our local port.

I am sure our overseas friends would love to visit to visit York and Yorkshire.

That would be good - pity it can't be this year, with Hull being UK City of Culture - so much going on!

That would be good - pity it can't be this year, with Hull being UK City of Culture - so much going on!

Thanks to you for taking on the task of being host. I've always enjoyed your helpful posts.

And let me join any crusade that would add Hull to an Azamara itinerary.

Thanks again everyone. Rabin1 - Cruise Critic describe the role as to stimulate conversations in the forum and to remove posts that violate Cruise Critic guidelines. As upwarduk says I can merge threads - for example sometimes 2 Roll-calls might get set up for the same cruise, so I can merge them into one. I also try to help CC members by answering questions about Azamara, if I know the answer, or directing people to where they can find what they need to know.

Thank you for explaining. I do have a question for you. I am Diamond Plus on RCCL so I know how bad the IT department is on RCCL and Celebrity. BUT it seems with all the screw ups Azamara is treated like a step child. I am really concerned with this being my first cruise on them that something is going to go wrong with the reservation. Here is an example. When I go into my Azamara and then my reservations it says confirmed but 0 passengers. I cannot tell you how many times I have questioned them & keep getting told it is being worked on. I own a business and have a private tech guy I pay to come in and fix things no problem done finished.. Then when I see all this about the OBC etc it has me truly concerned. I am buying and paying for tours I do not want to miss cause they have me scared. Another example and I asked Bonnie this on this thread and still no reply. We arrive in Cyprus at noon yet all tours leave at 8;30 am. Well DUH! I never ever take a cruise for the ship but the itinerary and I am really frightened they are going to monkey with this cruise with all their changes and then I would not be a Happy Camper.

Please tell me your personal thoughts and thank you

Kathy

I would agree that sometimes Azamara's admin is not always brilliant - but their cruises and ships are. I wouldn't worry about what it says on My Azamara, as long as you have an invoice. Have you tried completing any of the 'Check-In' information - passport numbers etc. You will need to do that in order to print your Xpress Pass - that helps to get you checked in more quickly at embarkation.

The excursions details will get sorted out eventually - but I do agree that they are not as sharp at this as they could be - but then itineraries can get changed for all sorts of reasons, and the excursions staff have to change their plans. I do agree with you that the itinerary I choose is important, but also accept that things can change.

Personally I just love being on both the Journey and the Quest - we've been on other lines, but never had the same experience as on Azamara - it's the people (staff and passengers) that make the difference.

I would agree that sometimes Azamara's admin is not always brilliant - but their cruises and ships are. I wouldn't worry about what it says on My Azamara, as long as you have an invoice. Have you tried completing any of the 'Check-In' information - passport numbers etc. You will need to do that in order to print your Xpress Pass - that helps to get you checked in more quickly at embarkation.

The excursions details will get sorted out eventually - but I do agree that they are not as sharp at this as they could be - but then itineraries can get changed for all sorts of reasons, and the excursions staff have to change their plans. I do agree with you that the itinerary I choose is important, but also accept that things can change.

Personally I just love being on both the Journey and the Quest - we've been on other lines, but never had the same experience as on Azamara - it's the people (staff and passengers) that make the difference.

Thank you for your timely response. It is good to have you here. I have done everything you said. I have even paid for the cruise in full & I am not going until next April. I am OCD and all these mistakes and complaints are scaring the daylights out of me. It's good to know the staff and experience is great but I want these ports. This is why I booked Azamara and this cruise. Final payment isn;t until December and I am wondering if I should start looking for another cruise with this itinerary.

Thanks again

Kathy

Congratulations Denise on becoming Host Grandma Cruising. Your posts are very helpful and I've learned a lot from reading them. Happy to have met you last year on the Quest from New Orleans and thank you for taking on the host position.

Thank you for your timely response. It is good to have you here. I have done everything you said. I have even paid for the cruise in full & I am not going until next April. I am OCD and all these mistakes and complaints are scaring the daylights out of me. It's good to know the staff and experience is great but I want these ports. This is why I booked Azamara and this cruise. Final payment isn;t until December and I am wondering if I should start looking for another cruise with this itinerary.

Thanks again

Kathy

It's your choice, but maybe if you give it a week or two - if the March cruises are now sorted out, April cruises should be fully finalised with no likely changes within the next few weeks.