Corkage Fee - Has it returned?

Guest maddycat

I think that this really stinks. We get a bottle of wine for our D+ gift and bring it to dinner at a specialty restaurant the first night. There is no way that I will pay a $15 corkage fee on a bottle that RCI has given me for being a loyal RCI cruiser.

If anyone ever tried to charge me a corkage fee.

I would mention the "gratuity recovery fee" of $15 I would implement ...

So you'd punish the staff because you don't like the policies their manager imposed on you. Uh huh.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I think that this really stinks. We get a bottle of wine for our D+ gift and bring it to dinner at a specialty restaurant the first night. There is no way that I will pay a $15 corkage fee on a bottle that RCI has given me for being a loyal RCI cruiser.

Doesn't apply to your C&A gifted wine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This absolutely sucks! Another ploy to try to force you into their overpriced beverage package. They did away with the "Wine and Dine" packages and the wines included in their beverage packages are the pits! So sad that Royal continues to dumb down the quality of their cruising experience.

Does anyone have an idea on how they will police this?

Im sure it's going to be a thing in the restaurants, but if i take a bottle to share with my wife in a different area of the Ship I'm guessing it's unlikely to be charged. Does anyone know?

Let's see for every 100 bottles of wine RC gets 1,500 for 700 cruises per year that app 1 million in profit, last year they made a 261 million so an added profit of less than 1%.

Please add $25 to every booking and stop this nickel and dime.

One cruisers respectful opine.

well pooh. we like to bring one 'good' bottle with us and drink it on a formal night regardless of where we end up. so many of us were very happy when they took away the corkage fee a couple of years ago.

oh well, saves us room in our carry ons.

Just off the Harmony today and we brought wine to 3 different specialty restaurants and no corkage fee. Also they didn't even check or apparently care if i brought one or 5 bottles of wine on board.

The fee was rolled out on June 1, Thursday. It may not hit the Harmony until today, if you didn't see it on Thursday or Friday.

So our gift wine is the Ravenswood Zin, and if we bring on 2 bottles of Ravenswood Zin.... how will they know it's not the C&A freebie.

It sucks that they didn't announce this.

Is this to force more purchase of the drinks package

Or is this to make all barmen very busy at 8:15 as we all rush to get our 3 free glasses [emoji485].....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well let's hope they don't get like princess and charge when you board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No . Here is the Princess policy " one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. "

Does really annoy me that they rolled this out with no advanced warning (and of course right before our cruise). They really should honor the policy in place when you booked your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Im curious how this will be enforced. If I bring an open bottle of wine that is half full, do they still charge a corkage fee?

Or, along the same lines, if you brought an already opened bottle of wine into the MDR to have with dinner, would there be a corkage fee charge?

Sounds like corkage isn't really the issue...you bring a bottle in to any restaurant and you will be charged. We bring a few nice bottles of wine to have at Chops and MDR with family...guess we will drink a glass pre-meal and carry one with us to dinner. Such a bummer...but we still won't get the drink package and pay that much for crappy wine....

Or, along the same lines, if you brought an already opened bottle of wine into the MDR to have with dinner, would there be a corkage fee charge?

Yes - doesn't matter who opened it, that is not the definition of corkage fee.

This is a recent change. There was no corkage fee in January on the Allure. There is also a new charge for an upgraded room service menu. Cruising is still a good vacation value.

Yes - doesn't matter who opened it, that is not the definition of corkage fee.

TY for clarifying. I guess part of the issue would be whether you can buy the bottle before embarking at least $15 cheaper than the on ship price. Also, whether buying and transporting two bottles is a hassle or not....