Corkage Fee - Has it returned?

On Oasis now

Our C&A bottle of wine had a sticker on it asking us to enjoy the gift in any venue without a corkage fee. So they are not charging $15 on the free $10 wine they give you 😁

I see a market for wine stickers coming.

On Oasis now

Our C&A bottle of wine had a sticker on it asking us to enjoy the gift in any venue without a corkage fee. So they are not charging $15 on the free $10 wine they give you 😁

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

There goes a lot of people's plans to bring the same kind of wine on board as C&A is giving out.

Quick question - will your room steward bring you wine glasses if you want to open and consume your wine in your stateroom?

We don't need no stinking wine glasses to drink wine in our cabin. Just bring us some Dixie cups and the ice for Nancy's Moscato ;p

Yes, we do this all the time. They don't know if the glass of wine is from the Diamond/Concierge/Suite Lounge, a bar, or your stateroom.

Absolutely a very smart idea. So cunning, I'm currently rubbing my imaginary goatee and grinning with diabolical laughter! We'll roll that way. Thanks again Bob.

On Oasis now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

So is putting stickers on the bottles a new job for the LA?

I assume there is the option of walking in to the dining room with a glass of wine in hand brought from ones stateroom. I did that myself on my last Celebrity cruise. I am tempted to fill up my insulated coffee tumbler and bringing it in with me to the MDR on my upcoming cruise! Walking in with a glass of wine was tricky!

Haha, that's not a bad idea. An insulated water bottle would keep it cold too, and you can just keep refilling your own glass. Can't charge a corkage fee when there's no proof a wine bottle even exists right?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We do it all the time. Before diner we head to the DL for a couple of drinks. Then on our way to the MDR we stop at the Schooner Bar and get a glass of wine each using our diamond vouchers. I've even left the MDR to bring back a couple more glasses of wine.

Yup, same scenario exactly for us also! And have many times walked into the WJ for dinner also straight from the DL

or CL with our glasses of wine.

Actually we only drink our carried on bottles in our cabin anyway. Nice to have a glass in the late afternoon on the balcony, especially on sea days. With the gift wines from our profile, the 2 bottles of wine we have brought on for the cabin, the drink vouchers, the DL/CL wine...urrpbble...we don't go thirsty! ;) Many times we actually carry our one or two bottles back off the ship. Too much of a good thing I guess. :)

Edited by island lady

I still think everyone should slam them with emails. And for those of us in the diamond plus category, there is no answer. We have to inquire on board as to whether there is a charge. So I assume this is only for in room consumption.

Dear Mrs. Murphy:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

We apologize for any frustration caused by the implementation of a corkage fee. As your ultimate satisfaction is important to us, we remain undaunted in our commitment to excellence. We continually evaluate our products and services to identify areas in which we may improve. Candid feedback from our guests is an important part of this process. We would like to assure you that all of our guests’ feedback is important and is reviewed by our management teams. As such, we have forwarded your comments to our operations team for their internal review and thank you for taking the time to email us with your feedback.

Please be advised, guests may request a corkscrew to use for opening bottles in their staterooms. If the wine is then consumed in the stateroom, no charge will be incurred. However, if the wine is moved to a public area, even if uncorked elsewhere, the charge will be applied.

For more information regarding your free wine for being Diamond Plus and if the corkage fee will be enforced, please inquire once onboard.

Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime aboard the Anthem of the Seas. You will not believe your eyes, whether you are taking in an immersive performance rich with light and sound in Two 70°, experiencing a thrilling free-fall at sea with RipCord by iFly, or lifting to new heights as you ride 300 feet above sea level in the North Star. All of these activities and more are included, along with the must-haves from our Oasis class ships such as the FlowRider ® and the Rock Climbing Wall. Your adventure begins the moment you step aboard the Anthem of the Seas.

Mrs. Murphy, thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. As a Diamond Plus Crown & Anchor guest we appreciate your continued loyalty and look forward to welcoming you aboard the Anthem of the Seas in September.

Sincerely,

Jesse Krichbaum

Royal Caribbean Customer Support

-----------------------------

Some people are at their very happiest when they can moan about things most people care nothing about. Consider the number of passengers that sail RCL per week, the number that come to cruise critic, and then realise that the number complaining here are the tiniest minority of passengers.

RCL is a low cost cruise line and just as is the case for just about every other business that plays the same pricing game of initially being cheap there are up-sells for everything. By and large the $100 a day crowd are happy and so are the suite crowd who paid half the price of a mid-tier cruise line.

Playing Devils advocate:

Aren't they labeled as in room amenities?( the free tier choice options).

If that is the case, an argument could be made that even the bottles of wine gifted, if consumed outside the cabin, would incur the fee. Just like any gifted bottle from your TA.

An equal argument can also be made that since it was supplied by the ship( regardless of cost to the passenger) it would not be subject t to the fee if consumed in public spaces

Either way they fall on the subject, there will be upset passengers.

We have decided to still bring our bottles and decide once on board where to consume them. $15/$30 will not break the bank since we spend almost nothing on board anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How would they know if the glass of wine you are carrying around the public area of the ship was uncorked in your cabin or purchased at a bar? We always pour a glass of wine in our cabin to bring to the dining room with us.

Yup, same scenario exactly for us also! And have many times walked into the WJ for dinner also straight from the DL

or CL with our glasses of wine.

Actually we only drink our carried on bottles in our cabin anyway. Nice to have a glass in the late afternoon on the balcony, especially on sea days. With the gift wines from our profile, the 2 bottles of wine we have brought on for the cabin, the drink vouchers, the DL/CL wine...urrpbble...we don't go thirsty! ;) Many times we actually carry our one or two bottles back off the ship. Too much of a good thing I guess. :)

Yep. If we don't purchase the BP then we'll bring a couple of bottles of wine to have as a mid-day drink also on sea days before heading to the DL in the evening before dinner. So the corkage fee doesn't effect us either. :wine-glass:

I tweeted a similar question to them when it was first being discussed on here. Their answer was that it was only for personal bottles of wine and they then clarified only wine brought on board at embarkation and not C&A, Eat Drink Play, or any other RC gifted wine.

I'm curious to hear what people are experiencing on board in the next few weeks.

How would they know if the glass of wine you are carrying around the public area of the ship was uncorked in your cabin or purchased at a bar? We always pour a glass of wine in our cabin to bring to the dining room with us.

Not that I am a wine drinker but this was my exact thought upon reading that statement.

Post #150 on the other thread is from someone currently on the Oasis. They state that the C & A gift wine sent to their room had a sticker on it inviting them to use it anywhere on the ship without a corkage fee.

Post #150 on the other thread is from someone currently on the Oasis. They state that the C & A gift wine sent to their room had a sticker on it inviting them to use it anywhere on the ship without a corkage fee.

Just bring a funnel to dump your wine into the eventually empty gifted wine bottle

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Will have to check out buying a bottle of wine at one of the bars. For sure have done it in the past in MDR, speciality restaurants and buffet area.