What food items does RC does really well?

Another vote for key lime pie. Also, the raisin bread (kind of similar to Jewish Challah) usually available at breakfast and the little savory bites bead at dinner. :D

P.S. to answer a question by a previous poster, key lime pie is served in the MDR at dinner. I have also seen it occasionally in the Windjammer at lunch. :)

Glad to see I'm not the only RC cookie enthusiast. Love those cookies (like the oatmeal raisin too).

Is it embarrassing to admit I always bring some ziplocs along to keep a few cookies in my cabin at all times?

Embarrassing? No, it's brilliant!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The lobster without doubt. Trust the Americans on their lobster. I think they bake it just right and eat it with lots of butter sauce.

The lamb shank I find it is too soft and don't have the firmness like the ribs.

While free lobster is always nice, frozen lobster tails will never surpass fresh lobster no matter how you cook it.

There is one particular dessert in the traditional dining halls called 'Chocolate Sensation' (or something fairly similar- not sure why I can't remember it... I said its name every day for a week) that I had to have every night. If I had a different dessert before that, I'd still need to feed my craving with the Chocolate dish right after.

That's why I'm going again next Feb :')

We were just on the Allure and the chocolate sensation wasn't on the menu anymore. My hubby had to get chocolate cake which was similar.

Some of best food I have encountered on RCL has been in the buffet. On a recent Explorer Trans Pacific they had giant wok like pots of Lobster Tail one night, similar pots of Green Mussels in three different sauces on a different night and huge plates of large shrimp and various other seafood on another.

Excellent quality and taste. I particularly like some of the dishes on their themed nights.

Its always worth checking out before committing to dine in the MDR in my opinion because you get dishes there that are not normally on the MDR rotation.

Not RCL and a little off topic but two of the most enjoyable food experiences I have had on a cruise were on Celebrity Solstice in Alaska last May. They had brought on board local salmon and had fresh sliced regular and beet salmon one morning for breakfast and that night had fresh salmon and halibut on display and were grilling steaks of it in the buffet.

⬆️the night I find lobsters at the windjammer before going to theMDR I will be skipping a visit to the MDR for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That was sort of my point. If you don't check out what's on offer there you will never know what you are missing out on.

I have tried just about everything interesting to me in the MDR and find now that I can generally find something just as appealing and sometimes more than that in the Jammer.

Adds plenty of flexibility to our dinning as well.

While free lobster is always nice, frozen lobster tails will never surpass fresh lobster no matter how you cook it.

We don't get free lobster here. We get the whole lobster and have to pay for it.

I always walk through the Windjammer before deciding where I should eat.

Once went for the lamb which was described in very fancy terms in the other restaurant but it turn out to be just another slice of lamb meat.

There is one particular dessert in the traditional dining halls called 'Chocolate Sensation' (or something fairly similar- not sure why I can't remember it... I said its name every day for a week) that I had to have every night. If I had a different dessert before that, I'd still need to feed my craving with the Chocolate dish right after.

That's why I'm going again next Feb :')

Try the chocolate brownie sundae off the kids menu for desert. Chocolate brownie with a scoop of ice cream covered in chocolate sauce.

I do love the Garlic soup, the Rosemary chicken and the Blueberry Crunch.

I can't wait for our Oasis cruise in October so I'll be able to order a Vidalia Onion Tart again. It's been off the menus for several years but I know it's offered on the new menus on Oasis.

I'm not sure what happened to rolling out the new menus across the fleet. It was supposed to happen this year but as far as I know, they're only offered on Oasis. Brilliance did have a modified menu (they brought back duck) but not the full new menus.