Do Women Still Wear Gowns on Formal Nights?

Sweetpea711423

Hi. I know there has been extensive discussion about dress codes, and I know what the official policy of Silversea is on dress for formal nights. My question is one of actual practice. In the past I have worn gowns on my Silversea cruises, but I am worried that I will look out of place if I wear a gown on my September Western Europe cruise (on which there are 3 formal nights). Any feedback from recent cruises would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Sweetpea.........I always wear a gown on formal nights and love doing so and don't give a monkeys toot about feeling out of place....😉

You will find formal varies quite a lot...some very 'blingy ' dresses and some less so but mostly all the ladies make an effort to dress accordingly.

I'm assuming here that you will not be on the Muse because that is a whole different ball game.

Sophia 😊

Hi SweetPea

I also always wear gowns on formal nights - I actually look forward to it as I don't get to wear my gowns anywhere else. I don't think you would ever look out of place wearing a gown on SS!

M

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I used to but this year (leaving next Thursday on Silver Cloud) I decided to dress down... so I have sparkly tops and conservative as in black pants. Makes it easier to pack too and since I can no longer wear high heels this works for me. Husband is still taking his tux though which means an extra pr of shoes for him.

Yes, for Wellseasoned (Dieter & Debbie) and Ida and I, pls see attached formal nite snap from the Spirit crossing a few years ago.

And, we have three formal nites on our Wind Norway cruise in less than two weeks...we plan to bring our formal duds/finery.

7296e0df6e75f2b343668c138606e705.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You all look just wonderful! I think I am going to finally get to meet Debbie and Dieter on the Muse in September. And, maybe, someday I'll finally meet up with Col Wes and Ida.

I think I shall have to review and renew my wardrobe!

But why? The pashmina is beautiful [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you to everyone for your responses. I really appreciate it. So helpful. I've decided to bring gowns, and my husband will bring a tuxedo. Why not do it if we enjoy it (well, I enjoy it, and he's willing to do it for me), and I'm confident now I won't be so out of place as to be uncomfortable. Thanks again!