Amex Booking Offer Returns July 5

geoherb

This is so not fair, I never get the offer in my AMEX card. Why discriminate some of your clients when others get the offer?

I made a "complaint" to Amex about a year and a half ago on that subject - it seemed like I wasn't getting any of the cruise line offers and wanted to know why. I was simply told that it's somewhat random and there was no way for them (the customer service reps) to know the logic behind which cards get what offers. They did say they would pass along my concerns. I'm sure there's some logic buried in Amex's data mining algorithms which make the determination but who knows what it is. :(

Thank you OP!! I just logged in to check my offers this morning, added the offer to my card, called my TA to make a payment towards a current booking and see that posted under my pending charges. Once it is posted, I will check to see if the $100 credit also posts. In the past, it has usually taken 3-4 days for the entire process on my account. I do see there is currently a button that I am not sure existed before ... it is a 'redeem my offer' button. I don't remember that from the last time I took advantage of one of these. When I get that far along, I will keep you all posted as to whether or not that now needs to be clicked on to receive the benefit.

Thank you OP!! I just logged in to check my offers this morning, added the offer to my card, called my TA to make a payment towards a current booking and see that posted under my pending charges. Once it is posted, I will check to see if the $100 credit also posts. In the past, it has usually taken 3-4 days for the entire process on my account. I do see there is currently a button that I am not sure existed before ... it is a 'redeem my offer' button. I don't remember that from the last time I took advantage of one of these. When I get that far along, I will keep you all posted as to whether or not that now needs to be clicked on to receive the benefit.

Amex should also send you an email (usually within a few hours) that you've successfully redeemed your offer (pending verification from the merchant that it fits the T&C's). You should get that before you see the $100 credit.

For those who see the offer and can get it, can you please post and let us know which American Express card you have that has this offer. Perhaps I need to get a new card from them for future offers...

Amex Platinum, Optima and Blue Sky Rewards are the ones I know of. They don't offer the Optima card any longer, it's only available as a legacy card.

For those who see the offer and can get it, can you please post and let us know which American Express card you have that has this offer. Perhaps I need to get a new card from them for future offers...
I got the offer this morning on my Blue Cash card. I did not get any notification; I had to go look for it. I never would have found it if not for this forum.

Rick

Let's see if they will let you ADD this offer like they did last time or it is only for those with the offer already listed. I never get these offers through my Amex, hopefully they will allow you to add this like last time.

Different cards get different offers. My Delta AmEx gets a lot less travel offers than my Blue Cash Preferred AmEx.

Added in Edit:

Negative for offer on my Delta Reserve, was available with my Blue Cash Preferred card

My Blue Cash Pref. card also had open hotel offers for Hilton, Hilton UK, Omni, HotelStorm.com, and Best Western.

Edited by jb008

I looked this morning and did not see the offer--but it's there now when I sign in. I've activated it. Now to book a cruise for us for December. I'm sure I'll find one on either Princess or HAL that fits our budget. My American Express card is the Blue Cash Everyday. There's also an offer for Airbnb that we may take advantage of for our precruise stay in London next month before our cruise on the CB.

Amex should also send you an email (usually within a few hours) that you've successfully redeemed your offer (pending verification from the merchant that it fits the T&C's). You should get that before you see the $100 credit.

I've actually read on CC that they do send an email ... however, I have used these offers about 1/2 dozen times now and have never received an email. I have received the credit, though ... and that is all that is really important to me. :D

ps -- I have the Everyday Amex Blue card

I have the everyday blue card. We both used the offer the last time it was available, but I checked today and did not see it in their offers.

Oh, and I do receive an e-mail when I use an offer.

I have the everyday blue card. We both used the offer the last time it was available, but I checked today and did not see it in their offers.

Oh, and I do receive an e-mail when I use an offer.

Someone on another CC board mentioned they did not see the WLCL offer either at first but when they filtered on travel offers, they could then see it and add it.

I've actually read on CC that they do send an email ... however, I have used these offers about 1/2 dozen times now and have never received an email. I have received the credit, though ... and that is all that is really important to me. :D

ps -- I have the Everyday Amex Blue card

Ok -- people know me to be the first to admit when I am wrong ... so checking back in to let you know I did get the following email from Amex:

:We appreciate you using your Amex Offer at PRINCESS CRUISES. Look out for a $100.00 statement credit, which will automatically be applied to your statement if your purchase meets the offer terms."

Yooohooo!

I checked and I don't have this on my AmEx. But then again I save more by using my Visa because they have trip cancellation insurance up to $5000 and AmEx doesn't. Covers me for our big Alaska Cruisetour and we only have to purchase for hubby.

I checked and I don't have this on my AmEx. But then again I save more by using my Visa because they have trip cancellation insurance up to $5000 and AmEx doesn't. Covers me for our big Alaska Cruisetour and we only have to purchase for hubby.
I always get the insurance to cover us both for trip cancellation and for any medical expenses in case of an accident on the cruise. When we had to cancel a cruise last year on HAL, my Visa card covered the nonrefundable price of our Hotwire hotel in Seattle before and after the cruise. I make sure to book any nonrefundable things with my Visa.

It wasn't on our account yesterday, but is on my husband's platinum card today. Not on any of my card's however.

I already have a cruise booked but used a FCD. Hoping I can make a payment on it and get the credit.

It wasn't on our account yesterday, but is on my husband's platinum card today. Not on any of my card's however.

I already have a cruise booked but used a FCD. Hoping I can make a payment on it and get the credit.

If you call Princess you should be able to put $500 on account for this cruise. We did this last Fall for a February cruise under this promo, no problem. Worked out great and final payment wasn't quite so painful since we had already paid the cruise down a bit!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Someone on another CC board mentioned they did not see the WLCL offer either at first but when they filtered on travel offers, they could then see it and add it.

Same here. I looked and did not find it. Then when I filtered by categories to travel, it was right there as the second one listed.

I don't understand why "show all" leaves out many offers.

If you call Princess you should be able to put $500 on account for this cruise. We did this last Fall for a February cruise under this promo, no problem. Worked out great and final payment wasn't quite so painful since we had already paid the cruise down a bit!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm booked with a TA so I'll ask if she can do this for me.