Little bit steamed...am I overreacting?

I agree with this.

With that being said, complaining doesn't really help imo. I have had SERIOUS issues come up with another CL. In this situation, at most they talk to the employee and apologize to you. In the end, you just waste your vacation time talking to them by telling them your situation and then receiving an apology. That's at least 20 minutes lost.

But if someone else had bothered to report them before you then you might have had excellent service.

If someone who is supposed to be on duty ignores you well there is only one way to answer this.

You have to believe everything you read here as gospel fact first. In this case as most on here at the most we only have 50% of some type of fact, you decide how much of that you want go by.

Ok, so we are on the Vision right now. This is our first cruise with Royal and we have loved it! From the food, to the service to the ship it has been great! So much so that, even though we have a future cruise credit with Norwegian, we were ready to book another Royal cruise with a non-refundable rate. We bought a daypass to use the internet and spent a few hours finding our next cruise. I signed up for a 2:00 appointment at the NextCruise Desk and we were ready to book. We had lunch at Izumi (great service and great food) but it was really busy and I didn't get to the appointment until 2:05. There were several crew members talking to people but one was sitting at the computer. He tried to ignore me for several minutes and at 2:08 he said "what do you want?" I said that I was the 2:00 appointment and he said "you're 15 minutes late" and turned around and went back to the computer. This was at 2:08. After he tried to ignore me for 3 minutes. So I said, Ok nevemind I won't book a cruise. Now I am steamed up and ready to fire off an e-mail to Miami or at least note him by name on my post-cruise survey.

Am I overreacting? Will anyone care if I do send an email or note it on the survey? This is the only blemish on an otherwise wonderful vacation. We thought we were converts...and probably still will be once I get my knickers untwisted!:mad:

Visit GS tell them what has happened and remove the Auto Gratuities, only tip those you think deserve a few bucks

You have to believe everything you read here as gospel fact first. In this case as most on here at the most we only have 50% of some type of fact, you decide how much of that you want go by.

Thats true but having experienced similar occurances myself i do tend to favour the posters.

I believe. I have had rude people "help" me before on cruises

Some of the nextcruise people are nuts. I had one tell me my Bermuda cruise choice would be too cold that time of year. I said I know, it's just a quick getaway. They kept saying, 'why you want that cruise, it's cold!' I finally just walked away.

Some of the nextcruise people are nuts. I had one tell me my Bermuda cruise choice would be too cold that time of year. I said I know, it's just a quick getaway. They kept saying, 'why you want that cruise, it's cold!' I finally just walked away.

Was this on Anthem? There is one guy there that we should have walked away from. We were trying to book an Alaskan cruise on Radiance and he kept telling us we really needed to book Celebrity in Alaska because it is much better. We said no thanks and he just grumbled. His attitude completely changed when his boss showed up though.:rolleyes:

Was this on Anthem? There is one guy there that we should have walked away from. We were trying to book an Alaskan cruise on Radiance and he kept telling us we really needed to book Celebrity in Alaska because it is much better. We said no thanks and he just grumbled. His attitude completely changed when his boss showed up though.:rolleyes:

Yes, this was on Anthem, but it was a woman. She seemed flabbergasted that someone wanted to buy this cruise from Royal Caribbean. Kind of funny. Just said, 'ok, thanks', got up and left. Booked something else in the CL with Vanita who knew what she was doing.

Emotional facts or real facts, you decide

It would seem, just in briefly reviewing the comments, most here feel the facts are real. Especially given the specific time of day statements the OP made. I'm sure he/she was emotional in the original post but that would not negate the facts.

Am I overreacting? Will anyone care if I do send an email or note it on the survey? This is the only blemish on an otherwise wonderful vacation. We thought we were converts...and probably still will be once I get my knickers untwisted!:mad:

Are you overreacting, no. If you want to report him you should, he certainly earned a mention. I think they will care, but I am sure it will be met with some skepticism unless he has multiple complaints. Whether or not they do anything, you should do what you think is deserved.

I would have booked the cruise with him. I try not to let other peoples moods or actions effect me, but that is just me. If you enjoyed Royal and think you would enjoy another cruise with them, I would not let this even phase me. Delta has some wonderful people, and unfortunately a growing number of people among the most unhappy with their career choice. So figuring out how to interact with them, and not pick up their mood is kind of a hobby.

Next time try saying "I'm sorry, I mean no offense, I just wanted to book a cruise and thought this is where I go to do that" or "Is there a time I can come back that will be more convenient for you?" or even "I'm sorry, what can I do to make this better for you?" It's funny to watch their faces, they almost always change their interactions. Sometimes other near by employees will step in. Never let their attitude make you let them not do their job.

Visit GS tell them what has happened and remove the Auto Gratuities, only tip those you think deserve a few bucks

Absolutely brilliant response! Penalize those who have nothing at all to do with the situation (and this employee is not part of the tipping pool to begin with). Why not go pop in on a tipping thread - there are many.

Absolutely brilliant response! Penalize those who have nothing at all to do with the situation (and this employee is not part of the tipping pool to begin with). Why not go pop in on a tipping thread - there are many.

Yeah, that comment totally confused me since the people at the Future Cruise area are not tipped crew members.

Interesting. On Freedom we were told not to bother booking RC on board. It was better to wait until we got home. They would quite happily sell us Celebrity though:confused:

Complain to the Captain...

Complain to the Hotel Director...

Complain to the Guest Services Manager...

Complain to the Loyalty Ambassador...

These suggestions are why I have basically stopped posting here. We are not talking about a bathroom leak flooding water into a cabin...

We ate not talking about undercooked food causing sickness...

We are not talking about lost luggage...

We are talking about hurt feelings when the OP showed up late for their scheduled appointment.

Who knows what really happened, but complain to the captain??? Seriously?

Complain to the Captain...

Complain to the Hotel Director...

Complain to the Guest Services Manager...

Complain to the Loyalty Ambassador...

These suggestions are why I have basically stopped posting here. We are not talking about a bathroom leak flooding water into a cabin...

We ate not talking about undercooked food causing sickness...

We are not talking about lost luggage...

We are talking about hurt feelings when the OP showed up late for their scheduled appointment.

Who knows what really happened, but complain to the captain??? Seriously?

Some people love to argue. They have to pick a fight with someone. If so let them. Doesn't affect me. In fact, it might be so entertaining that I openly laugh b/c I cannot contain how ridiculous it is.

But in the end, it is futile. Nothing happens to the worker other than a slap on the wrist 40% w/ the other 59% being the worker being told by their supervisor to not sweat it cuz it was a crazy difficult customer.

I have seen workers punished, but those were extraordinary circumstances

Has nothing to do with this thread unless you know facts that no one else knows

Not being a fly on the wall i don't know what went on there but i have experienced a lot of similar things with the crew in question so i do favour more on the side of the posters.

I would have booked the cruise with him. I try not to let other peoples moods or actions effect me, but that is just me. If you enjoyed Royal and think you would enjoy another cruise with them, I would not let this even phase me. Delta has some wonderful people, and unfortunately a growing number of people among the most unhappy with their career choice. So figuring out how to interact with them, and not pick up their mood is kind of a hobby.

Next time try saying "I'm sorry, I mean no offense, I just wanted to book a cruise and thought this is where I go to do that" or "Is there a time I can come back that will be more convenient for you?" or even "I'm sorry, what can I do to make this better for you?" It's funny to watch their faces, they almost always change their interactions. Sometimes other near by employees will step in. Never let their attitude make you let them not do their job.

Domino D-your post displays the most common sense and best attitude I have seen on this board. WELL SAID!

Are you overreacting, no. If you want to report him you should, he certainly earned a mention. I think they will care, but I am sure it will be met with some skepticism unless he has multiple complaints. Whether or not they do anything, you should do what you think is deserved.

Great post hopefully it will embarrass them into realising they are not doing their job right.

It's not hard to complain effectively. Being calm, well considered, always polite, completely factual, and questioning of whether the matter is important enough to be raised with the most senior manager you can find tends to be very effective. Your obligation is to only play this card when it matters. The situation described meets this requirement.

It's not hard to complain effectively. Being calm, well considered, always polite, completely factual, and questioning of whether the matter is important enough to be raised with the most senior manager you can find tends to be very effective. Your obligation is to only play this card when it matters. The situation described meets this requirement.

If i was his manager and his attitude cost my department money and lost sales i would want to know so i could rectify the situation so it didn't happen again.