b2b ???

RotaryMike

we're thinking of doing a b2b on celebrity, if you are able to book the same cabin for both do they make you pack up, move out, and move back in, or do they let you just leave the cabin as is for a few hours ??

would appreciate info from any b2b cruisers. Thanx,

Mike in CT

If you stay in the same cabin it is great. No packing just follow the instructions from the ship; you may have to leave for a bit but no big deal.

Even if you change cabins it isn't bad, you just have to pack your non-hanging items, cabin stewards move your things for you. We did a tour on turn around day in Feb. packed up stuff in drawers & toiletries and left suitcases in the cabin. We returned to the ship 7 hours later, picked up our new sea pass cards and went to our new cabin. Hanging clothes in closet suitcases in the new room.

we're thinking of doing a b2b on celebrity, if you are able to book the same cabin for both do they make you pack up, move out, and move back in, or do they let you just leave the cabin as is for a few hours ??

would appreciate info from any b2b cruisers. Thanx,

Mike in CT

Everything stays in place. You do need to leave the premises and can't usually get back in until all the other rooms are ready. If you do have a different cabin, the move is largely handled by the cabin steward(s) - quite painless. Just alert them ahead of time, be clear about which things you prefer to pack yourself, which things you would like them to handle

The actual procedures vary by ship and by port. You will get a note from Guest Relations a day or two ahead spelling out where you need togo, what you need to do.

One other detail about b2b's - as far as Celebrity is concerned, these are two separate cruises. If you have non-refundable on-board credit on your account at the end of the first leg, that vanishes; it does not roll over to the second leg. On the other hand, just as you were allowed to bring two bottles of wine aboard for the first cruise, so will you be able to bring two bottles aboard for the second cruise.

In Ft. Lauderdale we had to get off the ship, brief conversation with customs and right back on board. Celebrity was able to arrange for an agent to come to the gangway (there were a lot of B2B cruisers), we did not have to go into the terminal. We had access to our cabin right after we got back on board. In addition to the lunch there was an additional spa discount and a 10% discount on shore excursions on the 2nd cruise. The only restriction was they would not let you cancel and rebook a previously booked excursion.

There was a brief meeting on the last sea day that they requested one person from each cabin attend.

We have done a few back to backs and would disagree about it being "a piece of cake." That being said, Celebrity does try to work with passengers on easing the hassles caused by Celebrity's inability to simply issue a single cruise card (and account) for the entire cruise. Unlike many other lines, Celebrity treats each cruise (on a back to back) as a separate voyage....which means they will close out your onboard account, reopen another account, and they must issue new cruise cards. This latter can mean having to meet in a specific location at a specific time so one can get a new cruise card. There can sometimes be issues getting a credit balance from the first cruise carried over to subsequent cruises....so if that is an issue check with Guest Relations....but make sure you use any non-refundable cruise credits on the appropriate cruise since they may not agree to carry that over to a subsequent cruise. When we take long cruises (which can be back to back to back etc etc) on HAL they simply issue a single cruise card for the entire voyage...which is truly a "piece of cake."

As to cabins, one can book the same cabin for multiple voyages (as long as there is a cabin available). But there are times when we preferred different cabins. For example, on a 10-11 day back to back in Europe we once booked Aqua Class for a cruise and then moved to a regular balcony cabin for the other cruise. We did not want to dine in Blu for 21 days....so this made the most sense (we saved enough money moving to a regular cabin to pay for lots of alternative restaurants). Moving was a minor hassle...made much easier by our wonderful steward. We simply packed all of our folded stuff in our suitcases (this took about 15 min) and our steward came with a cart which allowed us to keep everything on hangers...on the hangers. This was done pretty early in the morning of the turn around day...which works as long as the new cabin is vacated early!

Hank

Remember each segment of a B2B is a separate cruise. Any remaining OBC is either credited back to your credit card (refundable) or lost (non refundable). Your internet expires and must be reactivated for the second segment. You are required to select a different password. Any drink packages expire. You will receive B2B directions in your cabin toward the end of your cruise.

Is this $50 discount applied automatically or do we have to ask for it?

If you use a travel agent have them be sure the credit is applied to both cruises for all passengers. If not you will need to deal with Celebrity booking folks to be sure you are being properly charged (credited). It is not automatic unless you do like we do and book onboard and get a print out showing the credit. Terry

A b2b in the US requires that everyone get off the ship, usually as a group (except if you are on a tour or want to spend time in the port) and usually as the last ones to leave the ship (except for those who paid for a late departure) and go thru a cursory check by a TSA agent and then reboard as a group before the other passengers are allowed to board. On some b2b trips we've been given our new Sea Passes before we exited the ship and on other b2b trips they have collected the "old" Sea Passes after we disembarked and then given us the new ones. Yes, you can get the "old" Sea Pass back (if you collect them) by going to Guest Relations a day or more later.

Earlier this year we did a b2b in Southampton, England and we did not have to get off the ship.

Yes, Celebrity does usually offer a small price reduction for each leg of a b2b, but our experience has been that it is not always $50 on each leg...and definitely remind your TA to check on it!

is not always $50 on each leg...and definitely remind your TA to check on it!

In May, it was $50 for a cruise up to some number of days. Over that number of days, it was $100. We got a $50 discount for an 8 day cruise and $100 discount for a 13 day cruise.

Re: Celebrity b2b credit - We had our TA ask for it and were told it was not available because we received too many bennys already (drink package and $300 OBC). Wonder if we should try again????

Re: Celebrity b2b credit - We had our TA ask for it and were told it was not available because we received too many bennys already (drink package and $300 OBC). Wonder if we should try again????

That doesn't sound correct to me. The B2B credit is from Celebrity, not the ta. I think s/he is just being lazy and not making the appropriate inquiries. Demand they look into it or give you a much better and specific reason as to why you are not eligible.

On our Dec B2B we had a RS with premium beverage package, unlimited internet and specialty dining, and $950 on board credit. We still got the $50 B2B discount on both cruises.

When I booked the first leg of our August 2016 Alaska b2b a special of some kind meant that I got a free bump to a Better deal; i.e., internet and beverage package. When I booked the 2nd leg a few weeks later, they gave me the Better package (even though the promotion was over) and $50 discount for each leg. But this was direct with an agent at Celebrity, not through a commercial travel agent.

Stan

When I booked the first leg of our August 2016 Alaska b2b a special of some kind meant that I got a free bump to a Better deal; i.e., internet and beverage package. When I booked the 2nd leg a few weeks later, they gave me the Better package (even though the promotion was over) and $50 discount for each leg. But this was direct with an agent at Celebrity, not through a commercial travel agent.

Stan

We always book direct with Celebrity since our 1st cruise when we had a bad experience with a TA.

In May, it was $50 for a cruise up to some number of days. Over that number of days, it was $100. We got a $50 discount for an 8 day cruise and $100 discount for a 13 day cruise.

We got the same discounts for the B2B. Thanks to always reading it here on CC. :p

Plus you get a $50 discount on each leg.

Yes you do get $50 discount. However, last cruise in May we did not get that so we called Celebrity and were told they didn't have that promo going on then. I told them it wasn't a promotion and that it was a given for any B2B we have ever taken on Celebrity. He would not budge.

In the end I just called back and got another rep who took of the $50 for us and said she couldn't understand why the previous rep would say that.

Just make sure you get that if you go B2B.

I'm wondering if the $50 OBC is for 7 day cruises? We have always gotten $100, but our cruises are always more than 7 days. Sometimes we only got it for one leg ( last time one leg out of three) and sometimes for all of them. As has been said, there are inconsistencies, so keep trying till you get what you think is correct.

That doesn't sound correct to me. The B2B credit is from Celebrity, not the ta. I think s/he is just being lazy and not making the appropriate inquiries. Demand they look into it or give you a much better and specific reason as to why you are not eligible.

We got the drink pkg and obc credit plus 50.00 off one and 100 off next. Did not ask or know about it our TS automactically gave it to us.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app