Changes in Platinum/Elite Lounge

Nrknits

This is not the first time Princess has tested taking away perks.

Thankfully many some of those tests have failed.

Reading Cruise Critic news articles all cruise lines test cutting benefits & depending upon passenger's reactions decide whether to implement them fleetwide if it's more profitable.

Besides the apparently fleetwide PES changes there are reports of eliminating the BOGO$ on the Caribbean but not on other ships. Hopefully that'll be another failed test when drink profits drop without having happy hours. I wonder if these tests are generated by onboard staff or by HQ in an effort to increase profits.

Cranberry juice is available in the Horizon each morning at no charge. We just a container to save it in the fridge to use latter. I just get a glass from the bar & ask them to fill it up rather than the tiny juice glasses they provide.

Problem is, after staying up so late and partying, we never make it to the HC for breakfast. 🤣 I will keep this in mind for next time though.

Problem is, after staying up so late and partying, we never make it to the HC for breakfast. 🤣 I will keep this in mind for next time though.

The Horizon is open for breakfast until 11:30 AM. They normally set up one side for lunch while the other side stays open for breakfast & then reopen both sides for lunch a little later.

Pernod in the morning...it's good enough for the Queen!! I'll have to try that!! ;p

Seriously. Pernod and Orange Juice is good. I know... Many will shudder at the very thought but I love it. If the bar doesn't have Pernod ask which one does have it. If you like it then they will stock a bottle at the bar you prefer so you don't have to go somewhere else.

I would be willing to forfeit the bar set up in my room since I don't even like most of what is offered, for the most part. I mean, we had vodka but no cranberry mixer, so we had to pay $2 for a glass of cranberry in order for me to utilize the free vodka.

I would be much happier with a two hour freebie cocktail hour every night than free laundry, Internet which we rarely use.

1. You can swap anything you don't like for what you do like. Just call room service and make the swap.

2. As mentioned by another poster, one can simply take a glass of cranberry juice from HC back to the cabin and stick in in the refrigerator for later.

I won a bottle of (amazingly) decent champagne and went to HC and asked for a large glass of OJ. I told them I wanted to make Mimosas in my cabin. They happily obliged me. (I have also won champagne that was undrinkable. It might have been improved by adding a bit of diesel fuel. :eek:)

The Horizon is open for breakfast until 11:30 AM. They normally set up one side for lunch while the other side stays open for breakfast & then reopen both sides for lunch a little later.

That's still too early for me. LOL

That's still too early for me. LOL
You also have the option of one or two breakfast items on the MDR lunch menu from noon until 1:30 [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were referring to getting cranberry juice at breakfast. I'm not sure if it's still available at that time or just the breakfast period.

Cranberry juice is available anytime but only free at breakfast otherwise a charge.

You also have the option of one or two breakfast items on the MDR lunch menu from noon until 1:30 [emoji848]

But I like to sleep through breakfast and go directly to lunch. [emoji6][emoji2]

However, maybe I will make the effort to get up early to go get the free cranberry juice... better yet, I'll send my husband, since he's an early riser and I'm not. [emoji16]

I would be willing to forfeit the bar set up in my room since I don't even like most of what is offered, for the most part. I mean, we had vodka but no cranberry mixer, so we had to pay $2 for a glass of cranberry in order for me to utilize the free vodka.

I would be much happier with a two hour freebie cocktail hour every night than free laundry, Internet which we rarely use.

You can exchange the non vodkas for six more vodkas. Utilize cranberry juice from the HC. I don't think most elites would give up internet, laundry, and mini bar for a daily two hour cocktail party. How much can you really drink?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can exchange the non vodkas for six more vodkas. Utilize cranberry juice from the HC. I don't think most elites would give up internet, laundry, and mini bar for a daily two hour cocktail party. How much can you really drink?

The internet and laundry are separate issues.

Just returned from 21 days on the Crown. It had the new Bar menu in the Elite Lounge. All the drinks on the new menu were $6.50. One of the waiters told us they were getting lots of complaints. The only drink we tried was the Lemon Mojito. We didn't care for it. I want my Cosmo back! We did go maybe 10 times during the cruise because we enjoy Skywalkers. We just ordered what we like.

Agree I do not need a 2 hour free cocktail hour...

Just returned from 21 days on the Crown. It had the new Bar menu in the Elite Lounge. All the drinks on the new menu were $6.50. One of the waiters told us they were getting lots of complaints. The only drink we tried was the Lemon Mojito. We didn't care for it. I want my Cosmo back! We did go maybe 10 times during the cruise because we enjoy Skywalkers. We just ordered what we like.

That is what we do we order what we like.. forget the mixed drinks not our thing... only go if we like the food... otherwise we are ahappy to have a drink in our cabin. Will check out on our 14 day TA on the royal.

But I like to sleep through breakfast and go directly to lunch. [emoji6][emoji2]

However, maybe I will make the effort to get up early to go get the free cranberry juice... better yet, I'll send my husband, since he's an early riser and I'm not. [emoji16]

You can also get it from room service at no charge during breakfast hours.

Personally would rather get a drink credit voucher from them for one or two free drinks, then the list of drinks they are giving away right now for 6 1/2 dollars. There is not a drink on that list that I would purchase. I don't particularly care about food served prior to dinner as I don't want to eat that much anyway. I enjoy my benefits and other cruise lines, that give me a free cocktail or two! I am still a couple of cruises away from elite as they changed how many cruises it took a couple years ago. Our next cruise is a 15 day one, but it is not worth throwing in a short cruise or anything like that to get to elite. We are capable of going to the self serve laundry and doing our own clothes once during this trip. Most likely I have a feeling they will offer at least one deal on a bag of laundry. I will try to stop and bring on a couple of bottles of wine for the cabin. The older I get the less I drink LOL

Ironically at this point I'm more interested in buying the coffee card[emoji4]