"our award-winning website"

cruisestitch

They actually have some awards for the website but I have no idea who was dumb enough to give these out.

Reminds me of another cruise line that boasted about their prize winning Ale.

Turns out when you went to the rating company's web site the level of the prize was the lowest awarded and came with the description "someone will buy it."

Basically, it was a participation award.

Now the recording is touting their "seamless intuitive service".

Since I could not intuitively figure out how to create the "booklet" of shore excursions for an upcoming cruise, I called Celebrity to get some help. (a 20 minute wait for a rep)

The very helpful rep led me through the process, the last step of which warned that you needed Adobe Acrobat to see the result.

Turned out that the result was just a web page and that there was no way to generate the information as an Adobe Acrobat document. The very helpful Celebrity rep was able to create the Adobe Acrobat document on her computer and then e-mailed it to me.

At some point in our conversation she mentioned that she has to deal with the Celebrity system all day long and parts of it do not work for her either.

By the way when I asked that since I could now see the available shore excursions, I could not see how to book one. She told me just to call on the phone to book an excursion as the web site "sometimes worked and sometimes did not."

I think we need to give the IT person a break.

His dad who works for the Cruise line asked him to come up with a website thingy after his dads boss asked his dad if he knew anyone who knew anything about computers.

This lad is only doing it in his spare time between playing Minecraft, school and homework

Let's not be revisionist in our appreciation of the old website. The same types of errors that are occurring on this new version are often the same types of errors that occurred on the old version, which tells me they're just designing a new front end to connect to the old back-end without bothering to fix the back-end issues. There needs to be a wholesale replacement done of their underlying databases. Anything else is just a patch. The old version got to the point where it would work most days (after months and months of issues) but very often would go down on the weekend when many people are doing their planning.

Let's not be revisionist in our appreciation of the old website. The same types of errors that are occurring on this new version are often the same types of errors that occurred on the old version, which tells me they're just designing a new front end to connect to the old back-end without bothering to fix the back-end issues. There needs to be a wholesale replacement done of their underlying databases. Anything else is just a patch. The old version got to the point where it would work most days (after months and months of issues) but very often would go down on the weekend when many people are doing their planning.

I agree with you about the old site, but that makes it speak even more poorly about the new one. Here's a perfect example. I went onto the new site to edit some information in my profile. I noticed it was still displaying the travel insurance policy number from my last cruise. I clicked edit and typed in the correct new policy number. A box popped up telling me I could enter only numbers. Both the old and new policy numbers were from the same travel insurance company and had the same format. Both were 4 numbers, 4 letters, 4 numbers. The old number was displayed. I went to the old website, logged in, went to my profile, clicked enter, then entered the correct policy number and clicked save. Then I went back to the new site, logged in and the corrected policy number appeared. Yet the new site still won't let me enter it even though it's displayed. Sad isn't it?

PST!! Why is it giving me Pacific Standard Time for a Caribbean Cruise leaving from Florida to the Caribbean? When I scroll down the page it suggests 3 shore excursions I may be interested in. The first is Beachfront Santa Monica, Malibu and Beverly Hills with airport drop off. The second is San Diego and La Jolla Highlights with airport drop off. The third is Panoramic Astoria! Really? That would be a very long bus ride from Ft. Lauderdale, but perhaps that's why they give the check in time in Pacific Standard Time. I think the prize the website wins in the Booby Prize!:confused::eek::mad:

Same with me and our cruise is in Europe!!!!!

I love all the award suggestions! Wonder what the poor telephone service reps who have to field all the complaints would call it. Probably not something that could be said on this board.

But it has pretty pictures.

I am calling Celebrity's customer support to navigate the website and they are very nice and positive in my frequent calls to them. For sure, they privately can have a different view, but so far they are doing a very good job with a poor product offering.

I didn't think it was so bad..... until just now!!

I just tried to log into My Celebrity and then Captains club. In both instances I was forwarded to https://www.celebritycruises.com/spa/#/login

which is a blank page!

Just had a nice online chat with customer services. Apparently the 'new look' website is designed to enhance customers' experience and is a 'work in progress'.

Unfortunately I cannot log into Captains Club, My Celebrity, manage my booking or check-in.... that's a great enhancement!

I was able to log into my account and go to manage reservation. I chose the reservation we have on Millennium to Alaska, Seward to Vancouver, and am offered the following excursions:

* Beachfront Santa Monica, Malibu & Beverly Hills with airport drop-off

* San Diego & La Jolla Highlights with Airport Drop Off

* Panoramic Astoria

Of course, there was no mention of how we would get to those ports.

I was able to log into my account and go to manage reservation. I chose the reservation we have on Millennium to Alaska, Seward to Vancouver, and am offered the following excursions:

* Panoramic Astoria

A tender. Dock is not long enough.

* Panoramic Astoria

These were the same excursions which a poster on another thread was offered to him/her for a Caribbean Cruise out of Florida.

Kids just came home from day camp with a stack of Participation Awards. They made me think of Celebrity:D one even said "thanks for trying" :D:confused::D

Funny I usually say the same about the CC awards (I think they differ depending on which country you view from) - everyone seems to get one for something - I'm surprised their isn't one for the Cruise Company most like Fred Olsen, or the award for most stylish cruise ship as sponsored by the Tuxedo rental federation goes to ..... "Cunard".