Any Accomodations for Three People?

RJake1

Our 21 yr old DD has expressed interest in accompanying us on our first river cruise. She is an avid ocean cruiser but has agreed that the relaxing yet interesting experience of a river cruise would be worth trying.

On ocean cruises, we could get staterooms that sleep 3 people without any problem. Do any of the river cruise ships offer such cabins, or would we have to book two staterooms (which could be cost prohibitive)?

Thanks!

Several of the lines waive the single supplement, so you may want to start there.

Otherwise, the newer Ama ships have cabins which sleep 3, Croisi has some, I believe, as well.

If you use the search feature, this has been asked before. I can't recall what the other possibilities are, off the top of my head.

River cruise cabins tend to be a little tighter than ocean cabins, so the waived single supplement may be your best option.

Robin

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The link below list a lot of itineraries where Avalon has waived the single supplement for 2018 cruises. Reservations need to be made by August 29. The page lists the "codes" for the cruises, so you may need to talk to Avalon or a travel agent to translate the codes into itineraries and sailing dates.

http://www.avalonwaterways.com/Specials/Waive-Single-Supplement/

As a single I'd much rather have a double room with single supplement waived than a smaller single room.

The difference is that the single rooms are available on all sailings, even the most popular, while waived supplements are only offered when sales are soft.

I have always managed to get single supplement waived with early booking. Since you have to book early to get a single cabin I still prefer that option. I understand it is not always possible.

• 2 weeks later...

RJake1,

as this company is on few people's radar may I suggest you have a look at Arosa, a German company. They have been operating on the North American market for about three years now. There is a website dedicated to that market which you will probably be shown by your search engine. This is what the cabins for three look like: https://www.a-rosa.de/flusskreuzfahrten/angebote/familienkreuzfahrten.html

The American website should give you details of what is available on which cruise dates. Those are normally "international" itineraries with a mixed crowd of native German and English-speaking passengers.

CroisiEurope is known for their family-friendly cruises, but do not expect the level of luxury that you get with some US cruise lines.

notamermaid