UPDATE: Azamara Journey October 2018 sailings

tromvest

"Perhaps Azamara is now working specific offers that are hopefully fair and the "letter" was being superseded?? The sounds of silence are voluminous!"

I sure do hope so!

(I sure didn't mean to for my comment about insisting to be negative in any way and apologize if it sounded like it was)

Hi,

We were also booked on the November 7th TA. We have not been notified by our TA or Azamara. We just happened to be on the Azamara website yesterday, and were confused how the Journey could be in Florida when she was supposed to be in Barcelona. Thanks to CC we found out what was going on.

With the decrease in the nights of the cruise, our cost per day certainly went up. I would hope we would be offered some type of price adjustment for the decrease in nights, in addition to the additional $500 OBC. Has anyone been offered a cabin upgrade, or asked for a cabin upgrade as compensation?

As Americans we also need a visa, and it appears the cruise line gets this for us? I heard it was $75? That seems high. Most Airlines in the states charge $50.

I will wait to hear from our TA or Azamara. Thanks everyone for your posts, all very knowledgeable!

.as of noon today (8/14/) my TA has received no notice from Azamara. Without CC I would have no knowledge of these major changes! Can you please explain why and how this notification process has gone so badly?

Correct, this change affects 1000's of passengers. If I wasn't on this mesage board, I would have no idea about this change. If I was not informed, as is true in my case and possibly 1000's of others not on CC, what would Azamara do on Aug 28-31? Just arbitrarily change or cancel passengers reservations. Unbelievable!

"Perhaps Azamara is now working specific offers that are hopefully fair and the "letter" was being superseded?? The sounds of silence are voluminous!"

I sure do hope so!

(I sure didn't mean to for my comment about insisting to be negative in any way and apologize if it sounded like it was)

No worries Laurie. Just didn't want others to think we were pushing anyone nor was our TA. As I said just responding to something that came from the President's office. Would think we could trust that source but obviously not.

Not to throw gas on the fire, but to make my decision, I'd like to see the Land Discoveries options for the offered cruise. I'm fairly sure I'm going to take the offer, but I'd still like to see it.

As of now, the old brochure still comes up on the web site. I emailed Azamara directly on this issue. I'll keep you all posted.

To the best of my knowledge our deadline is 8/31/17.

Perhaps your TA would like you to make a decision by Friday the 25th so that they have a few days to work on it?

Thanks, that is quite possible. I will get to her and see. Like I said , I will probably go with the offered cruise option as it works our very well for me, but I would like all the information before I choose.

It is vacation after all and I'm staying upbeat and positive about this. My wife and I truly enjoy the Azamara experience and look at this as minor bumps in the road.

It appears that no (or very few) letters are being circulated to travel agents, but the deadline may be creeping up? At this rate, booked customers who are not Cruise Critic members may find that they have only a few days to choose their alternative.

I was looking for next year but confused now on what is and is not happening

The new schedule is on the website. The old cancelled cruises are gone. If you are not booked you are starting fresh. All of us have had our booked cruises cancelled.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The new schedule is on the website. The old cancelled cruises are gone. If you are not booked you are starting fresh. All of us have had our booked cruises cancelled.

That is seriously crappy. Sorry to hear that. I would be fuming.

Read the whole thread more than fuming. A very few people are making out. Many will cancel and cancel Azamara for the fiasco.

I can completely understand I would have said more than fuming except it is against forum rules. Bad form all round.

We were booked for both the Oct 31 and Nov 7 cruises. My T/A now advised my that if we want to rebook the first leg which is the 8 day now leaving Oct 15 we would have to pay the full price.No Azamara 500.00 credit.But you would still get the Early Booking discount and Back to Back discount.If you deciede to take what Azamara is offering Oct 6th sailing you keep your original booking price plus 500.00 for inconvience.But you lose your Back to back discount.That leaves 8 days in limbo.Decisions are to be made.

Thanks, that is quite possible. I will get to her and see. Like I said , I will probably go with the offered cruise option as it works our very well for me, but I would like all the information before I choose.

It is vacation after all and I'm staying upbeat and positive about this. My wife and I truly enjoy the Azamara experience and look at this as minor bumps in the road.

Our Travel Agent received the official letter today.

Like you, the offer works well for us and we anticipate the posting of the new land discoveries.

We expect that they will be similar to most Azamara offerings.

Our decision looks to be fairly simple.

I have a new official statement for our Guests:

"We would like to apologize for inadvertently omitting the response deadline to finalize your alternative travel plans, as we announced our recent Cuba itinerary changes.

Please note that you will have until Friday, September 8th to make your changes and we will do our best to work with you and try to protect the stateroom category you previously purchased.

Your satisfaction is always our priority and for this reason, we’re currently following up with all affected bookings to ensure that last week’s communication was received and to answer any questions. For specific issues that pertain to your booking, please work with your travel partner or contact us directly. We are eager to help find a solution and welcome you onboard!"

Honestly! Bonnie! i am not involved in this mess but AZ really screwing with their loyal customers. they are going overboard with Cuba before we in America know what 45 is doing. Plus not all Amercans want to go there. I do but if my cruise was ruin like some peoples I would be cruising elsewhere.

We were booked for both the Oct 31 and Nov 7 cruises. My T/A now advised my that if we want to rebook the first leg which is the 8 day now leaving Oct 15 we would have to pay the full price.No Azamara 500.00 credit.But you would still get the Early Booking discount and Back to Back discount.If you deciede to take what Azamara is offering Oct 6th sailing you keep your original booking price plus 500.00 for inconvience.But you lose your Back to back discount.That leaves 8 days in limbo.Decisions are to be made.

I've just spent over an hour again on the phone to the redeployment and again with no resolution. Original B2B bookings are not being actioned quickly enough. What is the problem!

"We would like to apologize for inadvertently omitting the response deadline to finalize your alternative travel plans, as we announced our recent Cuba itinerary changes.

Please note that you will have until Friday, September 8th to make your changes and we will do our best to work with you and try to protect the stateroom category you previously purchased.

Your satisfaction is always our priority and for this reason, we’re currently following up with all affected bookings to ensure that last week’s communication was received and to answer any questions. For specific issues that pertain to your booking, please work with your travel partner or contact us directly. We are eager to help find a solution and welcome you onboard!"

Bonnie:

My TA just informed me that Azamara ( miguelhernandez@azamaraclubcruies.com.) said I still have only until Aug. 28th to select my options.

Can you help here?

Thanks,

Sal

Bonnie:

My TA just informed me that Azamara ( miguelhernandez@azamaraclubcruies.com.) said I still have only until Aug. 28th to select my options.

Can you help here?

Thanks,

Sal

OH NO!!! Once again the right & left hand are confused!! Please Azamara get it together! We are all trying to decide what to do...and to be frank MANY have decided already to book elsewhere! LuAnn

This is better than anything I received last year when our cruise was cut up into two new itineraries with higher prices. All we got was our money back with not one word from Azamara. This is at least a step in the right direction, although it could have gone further in mentioning rolling over early booking and other benefits to the new itineraries.

I have just received Azamaras " exciting" email ad re more Cuba offerings; at the expense of our TA. I guess that's where the market is and enough of a market that the interests of other cruisers are secondary. We will pursue getting a reasonable replacement from Azamara for our two cancelled cruises but after that we will be looking elsewhere .

Just talked to Azamara about the shore excursions for the new TA on 10/23/18, didn't mention anything about being on the 11/7 and being changed. Earliest they will have anything up for tours will be in 3 months. Looking at the TA scheduled 4/7/18, and the tours, there are no tours in Bermuda. The shore excursion brochure had tours for all other stops but nothing for Bermuda. If we accept the $500 OBC offer and take the 10/23 sailing, we are going to have a hard time spending all our OBC with 3 stops and only tours in 2 ports. Also, we have not heard a word from Azamara about the change, but have asked our TA to look into it.

This is better than anything I received last year when our cruise was cut up into two new itineraries with higher prices. All we got was our money back with not one word from Azamara. This is at least a step in the right direction, although it could have gone further in mentioning rolling over early booking and other benefits to the new itineraries.

I received no information about the fall TA on November 7th. Nor did my travel agent. I had to tell her and she had to call and inquire. Very bad form IMHO and makes me terribly disappointed in Azamara. Changes occur. I accept that. But be nice to me to make it better. I would have appreciated something, even if I do work with a travel agent. A note from Azamara in apology that was sent to my travel agent to be forwarded to me would have worked.

Nothing.

Fern