Rci app

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2019 at 6:15 AM, sj25 said:

I just used it on a b2b on the Vision out of New Orleans...was nice the first week seem the times was correct.  But on the second week so many times things were not correct to show up and show was almost over instead, that I quite using it for times. 

Was nice to see my bill on it at any time also.

Was also nice to see ship time...cause we changed our clocks on this b2b so many times....lol

We are going on Vision April 19, Gal. to Barcelona. Did the App have the 'Chat" feature yet. My group wants to be able to message each other. Thanks a lot!

-arleen

On Navigator currently, will try to use spreadsheet when home.  Best I can say is app  needs work for shows and other events.  Best one though is it told me yesterday I had to disembark by 07:45 today, we dock tomorrow. Gave tips on how I should disembark though. Have to use paper Compass for times with shows and other events.

Just now, Heymarco said:

Super helpful, thank you very much!

Anyone have an idea when Serenade or other ships will get chat feature? Have used on NCL before and it’s better than trying to chase people down onboard.

The cruise line has not publicly released a chat deployment schedule.

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:36 PM, leen50 said:

We are going on Vision April 19, Gal. to Barcelona. Did the App have the 'Chat" feature yet. My group wants to be able to message each other. Thanks a lot!

-arleen

They did not yet, but  have a great time

Edited by sj25

On 3/24/2019 at 9:20 AM, malibudez said:

Leaving on Adventure in 14 days. Cannot wait. Does anyone have any idea why my 1 Royal Excursion is not showing up in the Royal App? When I go to reservations, then Activities, it says we have zero activities. 

Our reservations would show up and then disappear from the app until we were on the ship. Then everything showed up and stayed. I hope this helps!

On 3/23/2019 at 5:56 AM, TvCon said:

On Navigator currently,

Would love to know how the chat feature is working.  (It's on the spreadsheet as a Navigator feature.)

On 3/7/2019 at 8:31 PM, soremekun said:

Feel free to update the spreadsheet.   Community effort.

Thanks for putting this together!

39 minutes ago, RW_MI said:

Would love to know how the chat feature is working.  (It's on the spreadsheet as a Navigator feature.)

Thanks for putting this together!

I don't think the chat feature is available on Naviator.

1 minute ago, Jasonmom said:

I don't think the chat feature is available on Naviator.

I agree, I've not read any reports of the chat feature working on any ship other than Allure and Harmony.

Not on Navigator yet. If you open the app and look at a sample sailing for your ship, the cloud bubble will be in the upper right if it has the chat feature.

The app should be due for an update soon. Maybe tomorrow they will say all ships are supported and all website issues are fixed. But then, we all know what tomorrow is. [emoji16]

Past Reviews post 184

21 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Not on Navigator yet. If you open the app and look at a sample sailing for your ship, the cloud bubble will be in the upper right if it has the chat feature.

Thanks for the update.  Not what I hoped for, but good to know.  I can't download the app right now because my phone's not compatible.  I have a new one coming that will be.

I just downloaded the Royal app and it says wifi is free using the app so no need to purchase internet package, but I've heard this is not true for all ships, does anyone know if symphony has this feature ? Also what do we need to do to make sure we are not accidentally roaming on the cruise and come to a outrageous cell phone bill?

To avoid roaming charges, put your phone on airplane mode,

I believe you don’t need purchase an internet package  to use the RCCL app. If you want anything else on line, you’ll need to purchase some sort of package. 

M

• Like 1

Before you get close to the ship, turn your cell phone to airplane mode and WiFi on.  You can use their app for free, but that’s it. If you want to use anything else, you’ll need to buy a WiFi package.  The app is nice for finding out what’s going on, dinner menus, etc.  I’m not sure if all ships use the app, but Adventure did.  

6 hours ago, Tntt said:

I just downloaded the Royal app and it says wifi is free using the app so no need to purchase internet package, 

I think misread/misunderstood - there's no need for an internet package to use the app, not that you get free internet (although you can while trying to install the app on board).

Sorry for delay, the chat feature was not working on the Navigator on the March 15th sailing, nor was it offered on the app.  Again sorry for delay in response, playing catch up at work and everywhere else since returning.

22 minutes ago, TvCon said:

Sorry for delay, the chat feature was not working on the Navigator on the March 15th sailing, nor was it offered on the app.  Again sorry for delay in response, playing catch up at work and everywhere else since returning.

Thanks for the feedback.

I have the app downloaded and have a few questions. (Royal app)

If I open the app, in the upper right corner I see a message bubble with 3 dots in it.   If I tap it I get a message saying "Stay connected during your cruise, You can chat with linked guests while viewing your current reservation and connected to ship WiFi".    Is this a chat feature I can use while on board??   

Also, I was looking around for a countdown clock within the app, but couldn't find one.   Does anyone know if there's one somewhere??

TIA