re meat pies

20 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I doing Feb fast anyway, 4 weeks is enough.

Fast? What just one meat pie for lunch, no sausage roll entree and no chocolate eclair for dessert?

What self control young Mic😇

Edited by NSWP

3 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

The girls tell me we are off to the Royal Easter Show in April, I usually manage a rather nice pie or two at the show. 

I suppose Four and Twenty pies would be the Easter Show fare, or perhaps Mrs Macs.  Garlos could get a guernsey.

4 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Depending on the stand it may be all three and more.

I have not been to the show for 20 years, I suppose ye olde Dagwood Dogs or Pluto Pups are still on the healthy bill of fare.😁 With the legendary Chiko Roll.

1756874397_th(1).jpg.081f27b7c89177cda4455440cefb387a.jpg

Edited by NSWP

54 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I suppose Four and Twenty pies would be the Easter Show fare, or perhaps Mrs Macs.  Garlos could get a guernsey.

All the above, but there used to be a lovely little stand near the wood chop that used the left over wood to do wood fired pies, assuming it is still there, that will be where I head to.

50 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I have not been to the show for 20 years, I suppose ye olde Dagwood Dogs or Pluto Pups are still on the healthy bill of fare.😁 With the legendary Chiko Roll.

1756874397_th(1).jpg.081f27b7c89177cda4455440cefb387a.jpg

When we were breeding dogs we went every year. But it has been a while, only shown at the new grounds once or twice. Mrs Gut went the year Will and Kate were here, and Miss Gut took her dally once or maybe twice, so that would be about 7 years ago and it has been longer for me, so actually looking forward to it if ye old back is up to it. Working out what day to go.

• Like 1

I like those big potatoes in their jackets with a topping, i.e. chili con carne, cheese and bacon etc. The Brits are big on those, when I am over there I live on those things, GF.  The Brits like baked beans on their jacket spud or prawns with Rose Marie sauce, which is akin to our 1000 Island or Seafood sauce, nice too. Lubbly Jubbly.

1910397437_th(3).jpg.a511b4beef46205d404a3bd90edbc325.jpg1429795269_th(4).jpg.34cfa3deea3e93790f42dae8441cb9ec.jpg

16 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I like those big potatoes in their jackets with a topping, i.e. chili con carne, cheese and bacon etc. The Brits are big on those, when I am over there I live on those things, GF.  The Brits like baked beans on their jacket spud or prawns with Rose Marie sauce, which is akin to our 1000 Island or Seafood sauce, nice too. Lubbly Jubbly.

1910397437_th(3).jpg.a511b4beef46205d404a3bd90edbc325.jpg1429795269_th(4).jpg.34cfa3deea3e93790f42dae8441cb9ec.jpg

Back in our dog showing days, a lot of the dog shows, as opposed to Agricultural shows that included dogs, would have a potato man set up, was always a nice lunch especially if it was a bit cool. Still whip one up every now and then at home, quick easy meal, topped with salad or Ham cheese and pineapple.

Edited by GUT2407
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Back in our dog showing days, a lot of the dog shows, as opposed to Agricultural shows that included dogs, would have a potato man set up, was always a nice lunch especially if it was a bit cool. Still whip one up every now and then at home, quick easy meal, topped with salad or Ham cheese and pineapple.

The critical thing is the 🥔 spud, you need the right one for the job, big, thick skin and nice flesh. Just like me, 😝 

I might knock up a couple for dinner with prawns and 1000 dressing. I always keep a bag of those small frozen 🍤 prawns 🦐 in the freezer. Lubbly jubbly.

Edited by NSWP

16 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

For dinner last night I decided to ride the Goldwing in to Newcastle Foreshore for some Harry's fare. For once I skipped having a pie and went for a hot dog instead.

IMG_20210217_183351333[1].jpg

A work of art, so mushy peas, ketchup, white stuff, mayo or cream cheese? Lubbly jubbly.

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

A work of art, so mushy peas, ketchup, white stuff, mayo or cream cheese? Lubbly jubbly.

That's Harry's Hot Dog de Wheels.

Hot dog topped with chilli con carne, mushy peas, garlic onions, chilli & cheese sauce.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lyndarra said:

That's Harry's Hot Dog de Wheels.

Hot dog topped with chilli con carne, mushy peas, garlic onions, chilli & cheese sauce.

Garlic onions? Just plain onions for me. Does Harrys do a gf bun? Doubt it.

But the 🌭 looks classy.

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

When I did my grocery shopping yesterday, I bought a two pack of fresh National Pies for our lunch. They are made in Tasmania, I believe. We had the classic beef and thought they were very good.

Image result for national pies

Leigh

'

I will have to keep an eye out for them, minced beef or more chunky?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Yep, you would grow an extra head and inherit thousands of cousins. All Tasweigans are related, I do believe.😂

I do have a sister living there! And a couple of ancestors were transported to DVL!

Leigh

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, possum52 said:

I do have a sister living there! And a couple of ancestors were transported to DVL!

Leigh

Van Dieman's Land?  Some great convict and colonial history in Tasmania. I love the place. If I was 10 years younger I would move there.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1