re meat pies

There are many pros and cons with road bypasses, I suppose as long as there are more pros than cons (like the ACT) we end up in front.

Time for a proper Queanbeyan/Canberra bypass Mic. The route around the airport is too busy these days.:loudcry:

Seems Arnotts and whoever owns Liptons Tea are the sponsers of Driver Revivor these days. Only problem with the Kit Kat days was they were very strict about the giveaway. Only the driver was entitled to free tea or coffee. These days they realise the importance of the co-driver.

Off topic of course :D but the Driver Reviver at Braidwood has a local council organised survey about the Kings Highway. Please take the time to complete it if you're travelling that way.

And the toilets opposite the Braidwood Driver Reviver, were in overdrive last weekend.:halo: Braidwood pie shop was chockas too as we drove past.

By passing Canberra or Queanbeyan? Agree about the airport, all those shops are not helping the area traffic wise.

Build a ring road like the Greater London M25 around Queanbeyan/Canberra, that would be good.:cool: I will ring Malcolm T. :') Construct a servo/restaurant on the road, so one can pick up a meat pie on the way, a few Deeks products they are good.

Build a ring road like the Greater London M25 around Queanbeyan/Canberra, that would be good.:cool: I will ring Malcolm T. :') Construct a servo/restaurant on the road, so one can pick up a meat pie on the way, a few Deeks products they are good.

But Deek's stuff is all that GF guff.:eek:

I suggest you try some and then stock up if you like them, I am sure you will as they do sound good.

We've been back a while now and must confess that we totally forgot to check out the cranberry topped pork pies. The two girls stayed at the marina while my mate and I did the shopping. We spent a lot of time of time in the beer and wine section and got distracted. That's our story and we're sticking to. BTW there were a lot of Oz wines to choose from. Maybe next time.

The narrowboat cruise went very well even though the weather had cooled somewhat, no T shirts, shorts or thongs. Not much in the way of sunshine and we had a little rain and pea hail but not enough to impeded our progress.

We've been back a while now and must confess that we totally forgot to check out the cranberry topped pork pies. The two girls stayed at the marina while my mate and I did the shopping. We spent a lot of time of time in the beer and wine section and got distracted. That's our story and we're sticking to. BTW there were a lot of Oz wines to choose from. Maybe next time.

The narrowboat cruise went very well even though the weather had cooled somewhat, no T shirts, shorts or thongs. Not much in the way of sunshine and we had a little rain and pea hail but not enough to impeded our progress.

Glad it went well despite the weather.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to go up to Sydney for the day on Thursday and stopped on the way home at HeatherBrea's Pies (Sutton's Forest) . I had a Jillaroo pie which was supposed to be steak, bacon and cheese, it was okay, but not much steak if any (seemed to be mince). In any case, I won't be stopping again as they were $6.45 each and for that price I would rather eat the burger at that Scottish place, at least the chips are nice.

BTW, didn't see any GF products to be had.

I had to go up to Sydney for the day on Thursday and stopped on the way home at HeatherBrea's Pies (Sutton's Forest) . I had a Jillaroo pie which was supposed to be steak, bacon and cheese, it was okay, but not much steak if any (seemed to be mince). In any case, I won't be stopping again as they were $6.45 each and for that price I would rather eat the burger at that Scottish place, at least the chips are nice.

BTW, didn't see any GF products to be had.

I like Ronnies. Stopped at the Goulburn one on 31 January, off the freeway, on our way back from Qld. I had my own GF bread in hand, as I do, ready to order ye olde Big Mac without the bun. Manager saw it and very nicely offered to toast my gf bread and make my Big Mac personally. Now that is service. Yes the chippies are nice too, but they have to be fresh.

Don't worry, they would have been cold by the time you got them anyhow.;p

Might have to break out a couple of Jases sausage rolls from the freezer for luncheon.

Fountain tomato sauce on the side.:hearteyes: