re meat pies

I will send a few back over the mountain then.:') But yesterday arvo from my son's place at Riverview, I came back via M2, M7, Hume Fwy, Goulburn, Kings Hwy, not too bad, even the Kings was light to moderate traffic.;)

Back to work tomorrow for a lot of us, I imagine there will be a gradual exodus over the next four weeks.

Back to work tomorrow for a lot of us, I imagine there will be a gradual exodus over the next four weeks.

That's the trend in my 14 years down at the Canberra Costa Brava. But the Canberrans inject a lot of their ACT currency into our local economy, which is good.:)

That's the trend in my 14 years down at the Canberra Costa Brava. But the Canberrans inject a lot of their ACT currency into our local economy, which is good.:)

Lots of hard earned left down the bottom of the mountain. At least it is doing some good.:D

Got back yesterday, end of Freeway not too bad on 21/12, took an hour to get through gridlocked Pennant Hills Rd and an hour to get through gridlocked Coffs Harbour, pre Christmas. Coming south on the weekend lot of traffic but no bottlenecks.

Macksville Bypass is great. I got a decent GF pie as well at Port Macquarie Interchange Servo.:hearteyes:

Thanks for traffic update, good to hear the Macksville bypass is good to go. We head off tomorrow morning from Penrith up North to visit Mum for a few days in Yamba. Hoping for a good run, planning brekkie at Maccas, Raymond Terrace & lunch at Slim Dusty Centre, Kempsey & arriving Yamba for an afternoon coldie :beer-mug: Sure to be a pie or two over the next few days :D

Back to work & into 'training' for cruising next week after a couple of weeks of indulgence has seen 2.5kg added to my playing weight - 85 days until boarding!

Thanks for traffic update, good to hear the Macksville bypass is good to go. We head off tomorrow morning from Penrith up North to visit Mum for a few days in Yamba. Hoping for a good run, planning brekkie at Maccas, Raymond Terrace & lunch at Slim Dusty Centre, Kempsey & arriving Yamba for an afternoon coldie :beer-mug: Sure to be a pie or two over the next few days :D

Back to work & into 'training' for cruising next week after a couple of weeks of indulgence has seen 2.5kg added to my playing weight - 85 days until boarding!

You should have a good run up there, perhaps except through Coffs. Above all, Enjoy !!

Safe travels my friend. 78 days til mine and I probably have a similar amount to lose.

Got back yesterday, end of Freeway not too bad on 21/12, took an hour to get through gridlocked Pennant Hills Rd and an hour to get through gridlocked Coffs Harbour, pre Christmas. Coming south on the weekend lot of traffic but no bottlenecks.

Macksville Bypass is great. I got a decent GF pie as well at Port Macquarie Interchange Servo.:hearteyes:

Have to diet, after 10 days of motel brekkies, club dinners and sisters cooking. Too much food and wine !! I won't fit into my cruise clothes, have to go to Lowes again.:o

Welcome back to coastal ACT.

Bet Macksville was awesome. Was the dual carriageway near PM open and up to speed?

Went drove up to Coffs Harbour on Saturday to pick up a Honda GL1500 GoldWing. Left at 0600 and had a great run through in very good time. Highway Patrol were out in force, every one we saw was writing a ticket, no shortage of customers despite the warnings. Port M section was all good and the Macksville bypass being open was a boon.

We left Coffs south Maccas at about 11.30 and the northbound traffic was banking up and crawling.

Pies. We couldn't pass up dropping in for some Fredo pies on the way back. It's only a couple of minutes off the highway into Frederickton. This shop is popular and was packed with pie munchers. Bought some chunky lamb & mint and some sweet chilli chicken to bring home.

No but I do remember when they had FREE kit Kats.

I remember that, donated no doubt. I saw a few Driver Revivers on the road between Batemans Bay and Gold coast, last couple of weeks. But we are old school, fill up ye olde Thermos Flask every morning and carry Nescafe Cappucino sachets, tea bags and a few snacks, stop when we like.:halo:

BTW Had a Timbertown pie - GF at servo, Port Macquarie Interchange, $7, sauce extra 50c buts that's life. Should carry our own sauce like Mr Gut or purloin them from the motel brekkie.

I remember that, donated no doubt. I saw a few Driver Revivers on the road between Batemans Bay and Gold coast, last couple of weeks. But we are old school, fill up ye olde Thermos Flask every morning and carry Nescafe Cappucino sachets, tea bags and a few snacks, stop when we like.:halo:

Yeah Nestle was, at the time providing everything, coffee, tea, kit Kats. (bushels now I think)

The one at the end of the F3 used to be at Morrisset and moved when the freeway was extended, it is the busiest in Aus, serve about 20,000 in the month, but changes to the intersection leave it nowhere to go.

Driver Reviver was actually started by a Newcastle bloke about 30 years ago. A great initiative.

BTW Had a Timbertown pie - GF at servo, Port Macquarie Interchange, $7, sauce extra 50c buts that's life. Should carry our own sauce like Mr Gut or purloin them from the motel brekkie.

Sorry Les, just had a Cheese and Bacon pie and a Mushroom pie. $8.90.

Yeah Nestle was, at the time providing everything, coffee, tea, kit Kats. (bushels now I think)

The one at the end of the F3 used to be at Morrisset and moved when the freeway was extended, it is the busiest in Aus, serve about 20,000 in the month, but changes to the intersection leave it nowhere to go.

Driver Reviver was actually started by a Newcastle bloke about 30 years ago. A great initiative.

I did like that Hunter Expressway, great bit of road and our first time on it Mr Gut.;) We turned off at Kurri for a brew and a loo in the park, mind you it was only 40C. Too hot for a Kurri pie.

I did like that Hunter Expressway, great bit of road and our first time on it Mr Gut.;) We turned off at Kurri for a brew and a loo in the park, mind you it was only 40C. Too hot for a Kurri pie.

It can be a handy bit of road.

The best part is it took a lot of pressure of other roads locals tend to use.

Seems Arnotts and whoever owns Liptons Tea are the sponsers of Driver Revivor these days. Only problem with the Kit Kat days was they were very strict about the giveaway. Only the driver was entitled to free tea or coffee. These days they realise the importance of the co-driver.

Off topic of course :D but the Driver Reviver at Braidwood has a local council organised survey about the Kings Highway. Please take the time to complete it if you're travelling that way.