re meat pies

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

How much is a couple of bob, half a Les?

Couple of bob? I reckon 20 cents Mic.  For I am a Dinosaur, I spent pounds, shillings and pence back in the old days.  48 was a good year ask Charlie.  So the next question from you young un's will be...'What is a Zac and a Deena?  Or a 'Blue Swimmer and a 'Yellow Fin?'

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Couple of bob? I reckon 20 cents Mic.  For I am a Dinosaur, I spent pounds, shillings and pence back in the old days.  48 was a good year ask Charlie.  So the next question from you young un's will be...'What is a Zac and a Deena?  Or a 'Blue Swimmer and a 'Yellow Fin?'

Prawn = $5, also a Galah.

Blue swimmer = $10, also Blue tongue or Budgie.

Lobster = $20, also a Ranger.

Yellow Fin = $50, also a Pineapple.

Green Turtle = $100, also Green Tree frog or Jolly Green giant.

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

yep and also growing up with better music.😛

But you missed the Stones and the Beatles, best bands of all time.  Not to forget Gene Pitney, Roy Orbison and Buddy Holly and Elvis of course, Legends.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

I’m not sure to be honest, probably Aldi chunky to their chicken and vegetable, I’m in charge of soaking the peas while I try to get some work done, but post here instead.

I wonder which big bakery produces Aldi pies? 

13 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I wonder which big bakery produces Aldi pies? 

I’ll try and think to have a look next time I’m in there, probably overseas like much of their stuff, the chunky pie has dropped a bit in quality.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

But you missed the Stones and the Beatles, best bands of all time.  Not to forget Gene Pitney, Roy Orbison and Buddy Holly and Elvis of course, Legends.

On the radio growing up the Stones and the Beatles were constantly being played in the 70s and 80s as they were already established, where you would have been listening to them as they were performing live and creating.

No more talk of food please until Friday arvo. I'll soon be downing some yucky lemon cordial before spending the rest of the day in the throne room. Then tomorrow the doctor gets to play silly buggers with his Go-Pro.

2 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

No more talk of food please until Friday arvo. I'll soon be downing some yucky lemon cordial before spending the rest of the day in the throne room. Then tomorrow the doctor gets to play silly buggers with his Go-Pro.

Correction - her Go-Pro.

12 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

good luck with your test, but the thread topic is all about food.