re meat pies

4 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

My GP says I shouldn't deprive myself of anything I want - like cake. My name is ....... and I am a cakeaholic. (Sorry - wrong meeting.)

Just for you, all low calorie.  Low Cal Jam Roly Poly with 'light' custard, is there such an animal?   Seen that on P&O UK, albeit the full strength version.

45869374_588073291606899_5778278369577664512_n.jpg

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Just for you, all low calorie.  Low Cal Jam Roly Poly with 'light' custard, is there such an animal?   Seen that on P&O UK, albeit the full strength version.

45869374_588073291606899_5778278369577664512_n.jpg

Looks good. I am such a cakeaholic that I prefer desserts that are like cake. With icecream of course.

19 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

My GP says I shouldn't deprive myself of anything I want

My GP says I should deprive myself of just about anything I want .

“But it seems as if anything I like is either illegal or immoral or fattening.”

Alexander Woollcott

Edited by richstowe

2 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

This one is a real doctor.

like the best of people — Mrs Gut, me — she has a PhD. 👨‍🎓👨‍🎓😁

Mrs G would get pest with aging her degree associated with a mortar board,it was the “floppy hat” that persuaded her to do the PhD in the first place.

4 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Lyndarra hope all went well yesterday.

All kinda ok. It seems I'm a walking polyp farm. Doc stopped counting after 20. Usually there's about 3 or 4. I have follow up appointment in January and doc suggested I go through this again in twelve months time instead of usual three years. Anyway I broke my fast by going to the 16 Footers for schooner of Old and a roast beef and vegies dinner with my house sitters. No restrictions on ingestion of pies.

9 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Mrs G would get pest with aging her degree associated with a mortar board,it was the “floppy hat” that persuaded her to do the PhD in the first place.

My hat is called an 8 sided tam, with gold bullion tassele.

092F6208-83AB-4993-81EF-0A2F884C0E15.jpeg

12 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

All kinda ok. It seems I'm a walking polyp farm. Doc stopped counting after 20. Usually there's about 3 or 4. I have follow up appointment in January and doc suggested I go through this again in twelve months time instead of usual three years. Anyway I broke my fast by going to the 16 Footers for schooner of Old and a roast beef and vegies dinner with my house sitters. No restrictions on ingestion of pies.

Good news, about the food and drink.

best get the polyps out before they get unpleasant.

Edited by Docker123

34 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

That’s not too bad then, my girls gave them yearly too.

funny we went to the club too but Wangi Rissoles a steak and trimmings for me nearly went with Roast Lamb.

take care and do as Dr says

2 hours ago, richstowe said:

My GP says I should deprive myself of just about anything I want .

“But it seems as if anything I like is either illegal or immoral or fattening.”

Alexander Woollcott

Sometimes you just need to ask the right questions of the doctor.

50 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Nice feed. Good luck with Januarys appointment.

When I was a kid in Perth there were basically 2 commercial pies, Peters and Bakewell.

bakewell became Mrs Macs.

Peters seems to have gone out of business. Possibly not helped by the ditty we all sing:

Peters pies are full of flies

So be nasty and buy a pastie.

We were lucky as my uncle was a pastry chef, and we got al sorts of great baked goods, including his pies.

Edited by Docker123

In the fifties and sixties there was a bakery in Charlestown, Chesterfields. The owner's nephew was one of my highschool classmates and sometimes, on holidays, we would visit the bakery and have a sampling of their wares. The pies were really good. That didn't stop us from having a similar jingle to the above. Hilarious to young schoolboys.

Chesterfield's pies

are full of flies

with maggots in the middle

and a cupfull of piddle.

Edited by lyndarra
spelling