re meat pies

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

But you missed the Stones and the Beatles, best bands of all time.  Not to forget Gene Pitney, Roy Orbison and Buddy Holly and Elvis of course, Legends.

The Beatles were the best, getting of topic a Zac was sixpence a Deena was a shilling and a Tray was threepence, but who knows what a Brick was?

2 hours ago, lyndarra said:

No more talk of food please until Friday arvo. I'll soon be downing some yucky lemon cordial before spending the rest of the day in the throne room. Then tomorrow the doctor gets to play silly buggers with his Go-Pro.

Good luck with your proecedure old son.  I have had a couple of those, you will need a cruise to recover, Princess of course and 'Come Back New.' :classic_laugh:

Thank you all. I had been at the sharp end of the scalpel some years ago. I've been clear for the last 17 years and I'd like to stay that way. Maybe I should ask the doc if I can have my colonoscopy half price as there is only half of it left to check?:classic_wink:

8 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Thank you all. I had been at the sharp end of the scalpel some years ago. I've been clear for the last 17 years and I'd like to stay that way. Maybe I should ask the doc if I can have my colonoscopy half price as there is only half of it left to check?:classic_wink:

I have thought the same about the costing. Great that it has been clear.

As a note, mid-year Mr Gut started a thread about the importance of taking the test when the government sends it to you. It saves lives, mine included (the thread was about my experience).

back on topic, the oncologist has said I can still eat 🥧 pies.

2 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

I have thought the same about the costing. Great that it has been clear.

As a note, mid-year Mr Gut started a thread about the importance of taking the test when the government sends it to you. It saves lives, mine included (the thread was about my experience).

back on topic, the oncologist has said I can still eat 🥧 pies.

Lucky you my doctor wanted me to cut back on them, but who ha thestroke??

10 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

With the meat pie it is a well rounded meal.

Indeed, it has to be rounded, none of that square Big Ben rubbish.  On another note, with all the meat pie debate/coverage on CC, one would think that the cruise lines who do peruse Cruise Critic would include the humble meat pie on their menus.  I did see them once or twice on Princess and P&O UK.

250px-Meat_pie.jpg

Edited by NSWP

14 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Indeed, it has to be rounded, none of that square Big Ben rubbish.  On another note, with all the meat pie debate/coverage on CC, one would think that the cruise lines who do peruse Cruise Critic would include the humble meat pie on their menus.  I did see them once or twice on Princess and P&O UK.

250px-Meat_pie.jpg

Princess have Aussie pies always available at the Grill overlooking the pool. A pie and hot chips are good for an occasional lunch.

14 minutes ago, NSWP said:

250px-Meat_pie.jpg

Highlight of 33 nights on Diamond Princess was Mrs MAC Pies at the burger grill, different each day.

celebrity had them at the buffet a few times, maybe the worst pie I’ve ever tried.

and at one stage P&O (I think) had Harry’s Cafe de Waves.