Where is Liberty and How are Things On board?

Surprised they did not have to refuel for the trip to Miami. Unless they topped off in Cozumel.

Some years ago when we were aboard Serenade in the Caribbean the ship was refueling every three weeks. At the time it was making a special port call in the evening at ST. Croix and then continuing on its way. I remember that only be cause we were on the third week cycle and stopped at St. Croix while it was still not a regular port of call for cruise ships.

If I were a Texan with my life turned up side down right now I suspect I'd be a bit upset with resources being spent on a perfectly functioning cruise ship. It seems that it has been fairly obvious for the past couple of days that Texas did not need the burden of the ship, its 4000 passengers, and the 4000 passengers on the next cruise all converging on Galveston today.

So now, on the scheduled day of arrival, RCI announces that ship is diverted and the 4000 people from all over the world can sit back with a sigh of relief that they no longer have to be in Galveston within the next few hours. Very interesting.

That has been my feeling all along too, but have been told repeatedly that Galveston is fine or fly into San Antonio. Why anyone would want employees to be forced to go to work to receive a cruise ship in the port of Galveston, when those people should be allowed to stay in whatever safety they have been able to find is beyond me.

can anyone confirm the final decision on a ship as to route and storm circumnavigation ...it is like an airplane and in the hands of the captain or does a captain of a ship have to follow other direction. I think this decision ultimately should be in the hands of the captain and if he says he does not want to go then that should rule. But looking for the actual rules

can anyone confirm the final decision on a ship as to route and storm circumnavigation ...it is like an airplane and in the hands of the captain or does a captain of a ship have to follow other direction. I think this decision ultimately should be in the hands of the captain and if he says he does not want to go then that should rule. But looking for the actual rules

Corporate will always tell the captain what to do...airplane or ship...

Just curious who the current captain is? I realize he takes orders from corporate, so I am not looking to start bashing the captain. I have cruised on Liberty twice and thought the captain at that time was great.

Anders Ingebrigtsen as of August 20.

Liberty OTS - Capt James MacDonald (started rotation 8-20-17)

Some still complaining. Are you still complaining that Carnival is still sitting out at sea and not going anywhere? You just don't know what is going on behind the scenes when they are trying to maneuver things for people. I am sure they will provide each passenger with Wi-Fi so that the passengers can work with their airlines to reschedule them out of either FLL or MIA back to their home area or charter buses for those that do not nor can not fly. They aren't the money grubbing company some of you made them out to be and most importantly, the majority of you all aren't even on the ship. Once again, you don't know what's going on behind scenes until they confirm things.

In short, read your contract, no port is guaranteed, as such, you are going on a cruise during hurricane season, anything can happen, it's been in the news that close to 20,000 were on cruise ships at sea. I am sure those who flew from other areas will contact their jobs to let them know their situation.

Our son did two entertainment contracts on the LOS (one from NJ and one from Texas) and we did a back 2 back last October from Galveston. So many of the passengers out of Galveston are from Texas, I'm sure they're worried about what's at home and when will they get there. God speed!

Some still complaining. Are you still complaining that Carnival is still sitting out at sea and not going anywhere? You just don't know what is going on behind the scenes when they are trying to maneuver things for people. I am sure they will provide each passenger with Wi-Fi so that the passengers can work with their airlines to reschedule them out of either FLL or MIA back to their home area or charter buses for those that do not nor can not fly. They aren't the money grubbing company some of you made them out to be and most importantly, the majority of you all aren't even on the ship. Once again, you don't know what's going on behind scenes until they confirm things.

In short, read your contract, no port is guaranteed, as such, you are going on a cruise during hurricane season, anything can happen, it's been in the news that close to 20,000 were on cruise ships at sea. I am sure those who flew from other areas will contact their jobs to let them know their situation.

They screwed everybody that followed their advice and went to TX to board today.....then they cancelled on very short notice when their magic failed...RCI sucks!:mad:

They screwed everybody that followed their advice and went to TX to board today.....then they cancelled on very short notice when their magic failed...RCI sucks!:mad:

You have to understand that Houston was not expecting all the rain until later when they said the worst scenario would be if the hurricane stalled over in the area and it happened. 2.3 million people didn't evacuate either. Are you goin to blame RCI for that as well? They take info from harbor masters, information from airports and when it was apparent that they would be closed and no buses were available, they made contingency plans. You must be mad that you aren't on the next cruise, grow up.