Diamond...3 free drinks allowed in dining room ???

Shippy

If you ask your waiter and they say no, ask the headwaiter. Staff change all the time and maybe your waiter is just back on board and no one has told them of the change in policy.

This happened to us several years ago when Royal eliminated the corkage fee.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Well the answer is YES and NO !

I thought the most interesting part of the discussion on this thread was that people were discussing their experiences on the different ships.

I personally do not think it should matter but apparently it does.

I just spoke to a Crown & Anchor representative. He read off a new, expanded benefit for the Diamond drinks and it does apply ONLY to the Oasis Class ships. Those 3 drinks loaded on your ship card can be used ANYWHERE on the ship. That will save us a bundle because we usually buy a bottle of wine at dinner.

Hooray for us because we will be on the Harmony.......but I would be disappointed if we were on a different class of ship & that did not apply.

Ah, but THAT is not true. (unless it has changed also). Harmony does not let you use the vouchers on the Rising Tide Bar.

You also can't use them at the Bionic Bar on Harmony either.

Is this a new rule? When we was at Allure in October 2016 there was the rising bar that was "our place" every night and we used our 3 diamond coupons every night. Will miss this if this is a new rule[emoji22].

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is this a new rule? When we was at Allure in October 2016 there was the rising bar that was "our place" every night and we used our 3 diamond coupons every night. Will miss this if this is a new rule[emoji22].

I referred to the wrong posts. It should be the post where there stood that you could not use coupons in rising bar

Did you not see that I wrote "on the Harmony"?

Sorry, I saw you wrote it. But not always I get to write what I'm thinking (my English is not too good I'm from Norway) We're going to Harmony in October and what I meant to write was that it was sad that we could not use the coupons in Rising bar, since it is our favorite bar.

Sorry, I saw you wrote it. But not always I get to write what I'm thinking (my English is not too good I'm from Norway) We're going to Harmony in October and what I meant to write was that it was sad that we could not use the coupons in Rising bar, since it is our favorite bar.

Fortunately for you on the Allure, it is only restricted / off limits for vouchers on the Harmony. [emoji4]

Check your benefit letter in your cabin when you arrive. On the Oasis last month it clearly stated that vouchers were honored in the MDR. We were charged the first night but it was reversed once we talked to the head waiter. On the allure earlier I the year, it was not listed on the benefit sheet.

Two weeks ago on the Oasis, we were allowed to use our 3 Diamond drinks in the MDR. Did it almost every night.

It was listed on the Diamond Concierge's information sheet that was left in the cabin.

mac_tlc

On Allure in March, I had no problem ordering my drinks in the MDR & giving them to my daughter-in-law. I ordered a couple in the theater & forgot that it was past the Diamond Club hours & was charged for those. I didn't realize that until I saw them on my Sea Pass card. Whoops!

On Oasis now, the letter states that you can use your drink coupons within the prescribed hours at any lounge any restaurant or any specialty restaurant. Of course if you have second seating dinner 8 o'clock, then you've already passed the cut off of using the voucher regardless of location.

We were on last week also and our letter stated the same regarding voucher location use.

It now becomes a great park for those who have early dinner, or my time dining during the hours of the cocktail program. Late diners, no improved dinner benefit

Enjoy

This would be great for us. We usually eat early. My dh likes a cocktail before and sometimes during dinner, but doesn't like to get ready too early to go from the cabin to a lounge to the restaurant .... (prefers just cabin to restaurant). This would be great .... as long as there are enough servers in the DR, that is.