Diamond...3 free drinks allowed in dining room ???

Shippy

This was alluded to in a different post. Just trying to clarify.

We are Diamond Plus. We do early dining and at times cannot make it to the Diamond Lounge.

I know the 3 drinks that are loaded onto your card are good at any bar during Diamond lounge times.

But....can I use them in the dining room while we are having dinner for wine ???

thank you...we will be on the Harmony next month

Wasn't allowed on Freedom, Anthem, Explorer, Grandeur or Allure...I wasn't Diamond before that, so not sure...and its funny...someone close to our table asked the waiters about it....I always had my ears up...just in case the bar attendant said something different. But it may have changed since then.

We were on the August 13 2017 Oasis cruise. Contrary to our experience on past cruises, they allowed Diamond drinks to be ordered in all specialty restaurants and the MDR. This was indicated as such on the Diamond benefit sheet placed in the stateroom.

We were on the August 13 2017 Oasis cruise. Contrary to our experience on past cruises, they allowed Diamond drinks to be ordered in all specialty restaurants and the MDR. This was indicated as such on the Diamond benefit sheet placed in the stateroom.

Is this a new benefit? We could not order "free" drinks in the MDR on an Oasis cruise in April.

Is this a new benefit? We could not order "free" drinks in the MDR on an Oasis cruise in April.

We were very surprised, too. We sailed on Adventure in May 2017, and could not order Diamond drinks in the MDR, but, as stated, we could on the Oasis August 2017 cruise. I have no idea if this has been extended to other cruises, ships, etc. beyond our August Oasis cruise.

You cannot use them in the Dining Room....but no sweat...get your drink from the Bar before going and bring it along. You can also take a trip to a bar in between dinner and dessert.

There have been varying reports from different ships of some ships allowing this, that is why I came into the thread.

Never hurts to ask. Our fall Canada/Pacific Coastal cruise September 2016 on the Explorer we were able to use our drink vouchers in the MDR. We did a B2B Caribbean cruise on the Jewel 2 and 9 April 2017. On the first leg of the cruise we were able to use our drink vouchers in the MDR (early MTD). On the second leg were told we couldn't. Different wait staff and no floating bar server in the MTD on the second leg. Our experience prior to this was we were never allowed to use the drink vouchers in the MDR. At least RC is consistent with being inconsistent.

Edited by davekathy

Well the answer is YES and NO !

I thought the most interesting part of the discussion on this thread was that people were discussing their experiences on the different ships.

I personally do not think it should matter but apparently it does.

I just spoke to a Crown & Anchor representative. He read off a new, expanded benefit for the Diamond drinks and it does apply ONLY to the Oasis Class ships. Those 3 drinks loaded on your ship card can be used ANYWHERE on the ship. That will save us a bundle because we usually buy a bottle of wine at dinner.

Hooray for us because we will be on the Harmony.......but I would be disappointed if we were on a different class of ship & that did not apply.

Never occurred to me to ask since we have late seating which is past DL hours. Assuming this would not be allowed during late seating?

Voucher time limit is usually the time that late seating starts.

Never hurts to ask. Our fall Canada/Pacific Coastal cruise September 2016 on the Explorer we were able to use our drink vouchers in the MDR. We did a B2B Caribbean cruise on the Jewel 2 and 9 April 2017. On the first leg of the cruise we were able to use our drink vouchers in the MDR (early MTD). On the second leg were told we couldn't. Different wait staff and no floating bar server in the MTD on the second leg. Our experience prior to this was we were never allowed to use the drink vouchers in the MDR. At least RC is consistent with being inconsistent.

Was on the explorer june 23 cruise and could not use vouchers in mdr. Just went outside to the bar when a drink was needed.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Was on the explorer june 23 cruise and could not use vouchers in mdr. Just went outside to the bar when a drink was needed.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Not a surprises at all. I do the same when vouchers are denied in the MDR.

If you ask your waiter and they say no, ask the headwaiter. Staff change all the time and maybe your waiter is just back on board and no one has told them of the change in policy.

This happened to us several years ago when Royal eliminated the corkage fee.

Edited by Ourusualbeach