Beverage Package - Ever Discounted?

tvlgoddess

Never seen that happen and doubt that it ever will. However, Princess does offer it as a perk during their Sip and Sail promos. I have it on all of my upcoming cruises and (bizarrely enough) the price didn't seem any higher than normal when the perk was included - at least not at the time we booked. We tend to book about a year and a half out and then watch as prices (usually) go up.

I believe that it is just a bit cheaper if you order it pre-cruise but it is not much of a difference. Unless you have it has a perk (such as sip and sail) you will pay full price. If you drink 6 or so drinks a day plus water, coffees, soda it pays off. Otherwise you are better off paying as you go

US$57.45/day when pre- purchased, US$59.80/day when purchased on board. Have never seen a promo for a discounted package. The Sip & Sail promo just expired on Aug 31st and probably will not appear until next summer if Princess follows the same pattern as in the past. Sip&Sail was for cruises way in the future, not near term.

Haven't seen any discounts, but it is added to cruises at no charge under the Sip & Sale promotion

Isn't that only if you book a Balcony or above category?

Nope....we got it for an inside.

WHAT??? I have never seen it offered for anything other than a balcony or above. Yes, you can pay for it for any cabin but the Sip and Sail promos always specify balcony or above. How in the world did you get a Sip and Sail promo for an inside cabin???

I've only ever seen the Sip and Sail promo twice. I booked two cruises under it last year and another two (actually two segments of a single cruise) under the new promo this year. I actually changed the long cruise to two segments because the long one didn't offer the Sip and Sail promo. I am certain none of those were available unless one booked a balcony or higher category.

Like others I have never seen the S'n'S offered to interior cabins rather only balcony and above. The sale gives a free specialty restaurant for mini and suites. I have been on 3 cruises so far with S'n'S and have 4 cruises booked now under S'n'S. Cheers.

I've only ever seen the Sip and Sail promo twice. I booked two cruises under it last year and another two (actually two segments of a single cruise) under the new promo this year. I actually changed the long cruise to two segments because the long one didn't offer the Sip and Sail promo. I am certain none of those were available unless one booked a balcony or higher category.

We booked an inside for the Crown, 20 days Caribbean for March, 2019 and got Sip and Sail Promo for an inside cabin. As a side note, there were very very few inside cabins left when we booked a couple of months ago, perhaps because of the Promo

We booked an inside for the Crown, 20 days Caribbean for March, 2019 and got Sip and Sail Promo for an inside cabin. As a side note, there were very very few inside cabins left when we booked a couple of months ago, perhaps because of the Promo

Did you book through Princess or did you book through that unnamed travel agency that was offering, for three days, the AIBP, free gratuities, OBC, etc.? Maybe that was the difference. This was early in the summer before Princess ran the S&S. I know quite a few CCers took advantage of that agency's sale, but even then I never heard that interior cabins were included. BUT they would be able to make their own rules regarding that.

Did you book through Princess or did you book through that unnamed travel agency that was offering, for three days, the AIBP, free gratuities, OBC, etc.? Maybe that was the difference. This was early in the summer before Princess ran the S&S. I know quite a few CCers took advantage of that agency's sale, but even then I never heard that interior cabins were included. BUT they would be able to make their own rules regarding that.

When we realized that we had two FCC's to allocate, we checked out March 2019 20 day cruises to the Caribbean (which we usually do), and found that the Crown was doing the sailings, and the Princess website offered the sip and sail promo. Booked an inside and the invoice (which I just looked at again) confirms that we got the sip and sail.

Well, folks, If there is one thing that is consistant with Princess, it is that they can be INconsistant!!!!

Wow

!

We are booked with the S-and-S promo. (looking forward to this, for the firs time, which is why we booked so far out)

With the new pricing, we were wondering if we might get lucky and get re-assigned from forward to mid-forward, WITHOUT rebooking under the current 3-for-Free. Hhhhhmmmm???

When we realized that we had two FCC's to allocate, we checked out March 2019 20 day cruises to the Caribbean (which we usually do), and found that the Crown was doing the sailings, and the Princess website offered the sip and sail promo. Booked an inside and the invoice (which I just looked at again) confirms that we got the sip and sail.

Does the invoice confirm you are recieving it or that it is the promo you booked under? I ask only because I recall reading about someone who booked under sipnsail, booked an inside, had the sipnsail on their invoice but didn't get the perk.

I would log into my personalizer and make sure it is showing there....

this is interesting. NCL virtually forces it down your throat with every ad (free booze pack!!) and Royal actually does discount during a lot of holidays . down about 10 or 15 bucks if memory recalls. however what differs for royal is the price of the package can be different for every ship and every cruise. impossible to find prices until you book.

2 pts for princess being up front and relatively consistent.

Does Princess ever discount their beverage package? Like maybe 20% or 50%? I know some other cruise line do but don't advertise the discount but shows up in your cruise planner.

Thank you for posting this question. I have been wondering about drink packages and discounts too. My husband and I went on a Royal Caribbean Cruise this year and they discounted the drink package and most of the excursions, SO I was hoping that this might be a new trend with all cruise lines. LOL :')