Most travelled passengers luncheon - 7 night cruise

NSWP

G'day, having done 18 Princess cruises with around 460 days up, I should know the answer to this but I don't.:o

Next year amongst other cruises, we have a 7 night Sapphire Princess cruise (Scandinavia) booked. 7 nights is the shortest cruise we have ever taken, the rest are 14 days plus, with several 30 dayer's

So...on a 7 night cruise does Princess still host the 'Most Travelled Passenger Luncheon?' Normally the top 40 travelled pax on the ship are invited to lunch with the Captain and senior officers/senior staff. We have made it a couple of times on longer cruises and they are most enjoyable.

Thanks in anticipation.:halo:

On five of our 7-day cruises (2-CA Coastal; 3-Alaska) the MTP events were cocktail parties & only on a 15-day Hawaii cruise did we have the lunch.

We too have had the evening cocktail parties on the 7 day cruises. The 10 and 14 day cruises have been luncheons. We prefer the luncheon to the cocktail party.

We too have had the evening cocktail parties on the 7 day cruises. The 10 and 14 day cruises have been luncheons. We prefer the luncheon to the cocktail party.

We also preferred the lunch but with 400 days that is rarely enough days to make the cut on longer cruises. ;)

It depends on what the Captain wants to do and if there is an available lunch time during a sea day. On our last AK inside passage cruise it was a cocktail party and was very nice. Due to the low number of elite aboard (53) we received our first and probably last invite to the 40 most sailed group. BTW we turned in our laundry one morning and received it back the next day.

It depends on what the captain wants. We had a luncheon on an 8 day cruise two weeks ago because that's what the captain wanted according to the FCC. Other times, we've done the cocktail party which I think I actually prefer because it doesn't take as long. Edited to add:

Oh - and another time, we didn't do either. The captain offered a bridge tour with appetizers and drinks instead!

G'day, having done 18 Princess cruises with around 460 days up, I should know the answer to this but I don't.:o

Next year amongst other cruises, we have a 7 night Sapphire Princess cruise (Scandinavia) booked. 7 nights is the shortest cruise we have ever taken, the rest are 14 days plus, with several 30 dayer's

So...on a 7 night cruise does Princess still host the 'Most Travelled Passenger Luncheon?' Normally the top 40 travelled pax on the ship are invited to lunch with the Captain and senior officers/senior staff. We have made it a couple of times on longer cruises and they are most enjoyable.

we did a 7 day on the Ruby in the Carribbean ... a few years back... we were surprised we made the cut... we have 24 cruises with Princess... do not know how many days...any rate on the Ruby we had a very nice luncheon on the last day of the cruise in Sabatini's very nice place to do lunch. I suspect it is up to the Captain whether they do lunch or cocktail party.

Why do people feel the need to associate with the Captain anyway? I find the whole idea rather weird and I'm sure the Captain thinks it's a pain too.

Why? It is rather special to be invited to the event, an acknowledgement of the passengers' past cruising with Princess. The luncheon is a superb meal, with wines. :)

Why do people feel the need to associate with the Captain anyway? I find the whole idea rather weird and I'm sure the Captain thinks it's a pain too.

Some Captains are real "people persons" and a lot of fun. We have done dinner with Captains and other officers on Celebrity ships a number of times, once we did a dinner on RCCL with a captain that was near retirement, he was having a great time and we did too. He invited us and 3 other ladies to pre dinner cocktails, we had dinner, then he invited us to his cabin for after dinner drinks and lots of fun stories... a evening I will never forget.

Thanks for all the replies. Interesting comments. We shall wait and see if we make the cut for whatever type of function the MTP is. :p

Did a cruise on Sun Princess back in 2009, circumnavigation of Australia, we had just got to Elite. Platinums were at the lunch as only a handful of Elites on board. That is rare these days. On Island Princess last year - Panama Canal, there were 1200 Elites on board.:rolleyes: Even Elites had to get tender tickets and it was a 5 day turnaround for the 'free laundry.:o

I'm pretty sure they didn't have it last year on our Tassie cruise.

Not that I'd get an invite anyway.

I'm pretty sure they didn't have it last year on our Tassie cruise.

Not that I'd get an invite anyway.

If you were not invited how would you know it was even happening?

Scuttlebutt maybe? Its handled very discreetly.

We were just invited to the MTP lunch on 2 cruises back to back on Pacific Princess 8 day cruises around the British Isles last month.

It was very pleasant, we were sitting both times at the table with the Captain JP Bryant and his wife Shannon who are excellent company.

Some can be really good and others duds.

Either way not to many people refuse them. ;)

That very much depends on the Chef, some are good and others are wonderful.

At least there is always a choice of two entrees so if you don't want to eat veal you have an alternative, unlike the Chef's Table.

Also of course it depends on the ships officer on your table and if his English is conversational or not.

OP ..It will most probably be a cocktail party on the 7 day... Last week on the 10 day Grand Alaska it was a cocktail party also. I really prefer the luncheons, and last week didn't even go to the cocktail party..

Btw the MT'd only had 1045 days

Srpilo

That very much depends on the Chef, some are good and others are wonderful.

At least there is always a choice of two entrees so if you don't want to eat veal you have an alternative, unlike the Chef's Table.

Also of course it depends on the ships officer on your table and if his English is conversational or not.

We got seated with well known CD 'Sammy Baker' on the Sun Princess MTP luncheon in 2009. My ears are still sore.:oShe meant well. I learnt a lot about Princess Cruise Line that day.