Who's on a ship in the Caribbean right now?

bzv143

I have been searching for posts of people on cruise ships right now in the Caribbean, and what is happening--where is the ship now headed? Is the ship becoming a bouncing ball to nowhere? Rough seas and people sick or not? Extra days on ship because it cannot dock at Homeport? Etc.

If I were on a ship in the Caribbean right now, I don't think posting to CC would be high on my priority list.

I believe Carnival is moving ships to NOLA for refueling/reprovisioning. Some ships are still docked in Cozumel. The cruise lines will not put the ships in harms way.

From NCL:

Hurricane Irma

Update #5

September 9, 2017 12:30 PM

Norwegian Cruise Line is continuing to closely watch the forecasted path of major Hurricane Irma and respond as necessary to ensure the safety of our guests and crew. We have cancelled this week’s scheduled sailings aboard our two ships that depart from Miami, Norwegian Sky and Norwegian Escape and both ships are currently navigating a safe course around the path of Hurricane Irma. Norwegian Escape is sailing at full capacity with approximately 4,000 displaced guests from both ships that were unable to secure flights back home. The ship is currently alongside in Cozumel, Mexico and will remain there until 7 a.m. Sunday, September 10. Guests who have secured flights home may disembark the ship in Mexico if they wish. Due to the devastation in the Caribbean caused by Hurricane Irma, all of Norwegian Escape’s upcoming Eastern Caribbean sailings will be altered to a Western Caribbean itinerary until November. All guests scheduled to sail on any affected cruises will be notified of the change.

Acting as a responsible corporate citizen and supporting the destinations that our ships operate in is a core value of Norwegian Cruise Line. In the wake of this devastating storm, we will be deploying Norwegian Sky from her current position off the coast of Cancun to St. Thomas, USVI to retrieve approximately 2,000 travelers who were unable to evacuate the island prior to the storm. The ship is departing immediately and will arrive in St. Thomas in the late evening hours on Monday, September 11. Norwegian Cruise Line is working closely with the Florida-Caribbean Cruise Association and the Governor of St. Thomas to execute this rescue mission. When all designated vacation guests have boarded the ship, Norwegian Sky will sail back to her homeport of Miami and is expected to arrive on Thursday, September 14.

MSC Divinia have docked in Cozumel.

I

I do not know where for either event but parts of Mexico had a b ad earthquake today as well as hi t by hurricane (not Irma). They've had a bad day and I meant to research tto see just wherre w as impacted . but have nnot done so.

MSC Divinia have docked in Cozumel.
I I do not know where for either event but parts of Mexico had a b ad earthquake today as well as hi t by hurricane (not Irma). They've had a bad day and I meant to research tto see just where w as impacted . but have not done so.

I I do not know where for either event but parts of Mexico had a b ad earthquake today as well as hi t by hurricane (not Irma). They've had a bad day and I meant to research tto see just where w as impacted . but have not done so.

The eartquake was on the west cost and the hurricane is in the Mexican gulf north west of Cozumel.

From NCL:

Hurricane Irma

Update #5

September 9, 2017 12:30 PM

Norwegian Cruise Line is continuing to closely watch the forecasted path of major Hurricane Irma and respond as necessary to ensure the safety of our guests and crew. We have cancelled this week’s scheduled sailings aboard our two ships that depart from Miami, Norwegian Sky and Norwegian Escape and both ships are currently navigating a safe course around the path of Hurricane Irma. Norwegian Escape is sailing at full capacity with approximately 4,000 displaced guests from both ships that were unable to secure flights back home. The ship is currently alongside in Cozumel, Mexico and will remain there until 7 a.m. Sunday, September 10. Guests who have secured flights home may disembark the ship in Mexico if they wish. Due to the devastation in the Caribbean caused by Hurricane Irma, all of Norwegian Escape’s upcoming Eastern Caribbean sailings will be altered to a Western Caribbean itinerary until November. All guests scheduled to sail on any affected cruises will be notified of the change.

Acting as a responsible corporate citizen and supporting the destinations that our ships operate in is a core value of Norwegian Cruise Line. In the wake of this devastating storm, we will be deploying Norwegian Sky from her current position off the coast of Cancun to St. Thomas, USVI to retrieve approximately 2,000 travelers who were unable to evacuate the island prior to the storm. The ship is departing immediately and will arrive in St. Thomas in the late evening hours on Monday, September 11. Norwegian Cruise Line is working closely with the Florida-Caribbean Cruise Association and the Governor of St. Thomas to execute this rescue mission. When all designated vacation guests have boarded the ship, Norwegian Sky will sail back to her homeport of Miami and is expected to arrive on Thursday, September 14.

NCL has done a very good job....it is nice to see they used Escape as a temporary shelter for those where on Sky and who had no way home from Miami. And, it is even nicer to see that they are sending Sky to St. Thomas to help evacuate travelers.

I am currently on the Oasis of the Seas on a western Caribbean cruise. We were supposed to return to Port Canaveral tomorrow, but our trip has been extended 3 days. Royal has been wonderful. The sea where we are (left Cozumel today and are headed to Costa Maya) is calm. Since I live on the east coast of Florida, I am much safer on the ship than at home. We are staying far away from Irma.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

I am currently on the Oasis of the Seas on a western Caribbean cruise. We were supposed to return to Port Canaveral tomorrow, but our trip has been extended 3 days. Royal has been wonderful. The sea where we are (left Cozumel today and are headed to Costa Maya) is calm. Since I live on the east coast of Florida, I am much safer on the ship than at home. We are staying far away from Irma.

Are you hangin out in sea. Or did they add a port stop. What's the overall feel on the ship. Do people just want to get off or are they enjoying the extra days as much they can?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I

I do not know where for either event but parts of Mexico had a b ad earthquake today as well as hi t by hurricane (not Irma). They've had a bad day and I meant to research tto see just wherre w as impacted . but have nnot done so.

Then before you post you should have learned that the earthquake was on the western side of Mexico and south of Cozumel. The hurricane that struck Mexico today was far north of Cozumel. In other words, neither had any impact on Cozumel.

Are you hangin out in sea. Or did they add a port stop. What's the overall feel on the ship. Do people just want to get off or are they enjoying the extra days as much they can?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The mood is good, and most people are continuing to have a great time. Instead of just one day, we had two days in Cozumel. Today we are in Costa Maya, an unscheduled stop. Then a slow two day trip back to Canaveral. Royal is being wonderful to us. Of course, no charge for the 3 extra days. Royal is also picking up tips for Sun-Tues (I will give our attendant extra on top). Drinks, laundry, specialty restaurants are half price. And no charge for internet, although in 60 min. increments. Extra shows and Port excursions offered. Some people (no idea how many) left in Jamaica and Cozumel. We live on the east coast of Fl 30 miles north of Daytona so are worried for our friends, house, etc. (we did prep for hurricane before leaving). But we are quite safe and in good hands on the Oasis. After this, I will be "loyal to Royal."s