Booking problems...

pamela17

Whenever I book a cruise all the suites have gone months if not years ahead of the cruise and I have to opt for second (or third) best!. Next cruise I would like is Feb 2019 and ALL the suites have gone already!! How can I get a small chance to get the cabin I want on the cruise I want.

Whenever I book a cruise all the suites have gone months if not years ahead of the cruise and I have to opt for second (or third) best!. Next cruise I would like is Feb 2019 and ALL the suites have gone already!! How can I get a small chance to get the cabin I want on the cruise I want.

Check each cruise line's forum for the dates that the cruises are first released. For example, Royal Caribbean releases most new cruises in the March/April timeframe.

Top suites & lowest priced cabins are the 1st to go

You need to book the day the sailing opens up

Check the cruise line of choice for when new bookings start usually 18-24 mths out

Option 2

see if they have a waitlist for if people cancel put a deposit down

for the cabin Cat you want

Top suites & lowest priced cabins are the 1st to go

You need to book the day the sailing opens up

Check the cruise line of choice for when new bookings start usually 18-24 mths out

Option 2

see if they have a waitlist for if people cancel put a deposit down

for the cabin Cat you want

Thanks everybody but when and how do you know the sailing 'opens up' I have no idea where to look. I don't want to be on a waitlist. I want to book the cabin I sail on. P.&O is the cruise line of choice but I am prepared to look at others.

Our TA would have HAL notify her when cruises opened up.

Thus we were able to get Penthouse Suites nearly all the time.

I would never book through the cruise line as there is no guarantee that HAL would call me right away.

'TA' and 'HAL' I have no idea what that means...I am a real newbie on here!

Thanks everybody but when and how do you know the sailing 'opens up' I have no idea where to look. I don't want to be on a waitlist. I want to book the cabin I sail on. P.&O is the cruise line of choice but I am prepared to look at others.

Check on the P & O site

they probably have a place to sign up for updates

or if you use a Travel agent ask them to notify you when the new cruises are about to be released

Maybe check on the P & O forum here on CC others may have some insight into the next release date for new cruises

Enjoy

Check on the P & O site

they probably have a place to sign up for updates

or if you use a Travel agent ask them to notify you when the new cruises are about to be released

Maybe check on the P & O forum here on CC others may have some insight into the next release date for new cruises

Enjoy

I have alwyaysbooked our HAL suites very early. As soon as I knew which cfruise we wsangted, I b ooked our suite. On most HAL ships, I not only wanted the Neptuune suite but usually want a paricular one. Only w ay to ge it is to not wait too long.

As others have mentioned, I have a very reliable TA who can let me know when any cruise line and particular itinerary will open for bookings. If there is a particular itinerary or cabin I'm interested in, she will book it for me the minute the cruise line opens the cruise for bookings.

I agree with if you want a very specific room book the moment you can!!

A good example of this is our MSC cruise we have booked. I wanted a very specific room of which there are 2 of. I waited 3 days after the cruises were released. I am now going 1 week later, and from a port I would rather not because someone booked the rooms on a different leg. This was 524 days out btw...

Also this shows if you want a specific room, you need to be able to compromise on time, departure port (especially on those that have multiple ports for embarking) and when you are going to sail.

We are taking a 31 day cruise on Princess this December thru New Years we booked a Penthouse Suite we booked more than a year out and it was the last Suite! I agree Suites sell out first, but there are still plenty of the low cost inside rooms as always, if you definitely want a suite book on Regent all their rooms are suites and the cruise is all inclusive, that's our next cruise after the Princess cruise.

If you can afford a suite on a mass market cruise line you can afford Regent, I suggest you check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by goldenrod

We are taking a 31 day cruise on Princess this December thru New Years we booked a Penthouse Suite we booked more than a year out and it was the last Suite! I agree Suites sell out first, but there are still plenty of the low cost inside rooms as always, if you definitely want a suite book on Regent all their rooms are suites and the cruise is all inclusive, that's our next cruise after the Princess cruise.

If you can afford a suite on a mass market cruise line you can afford Regent, I suggest you check it out.

Yes, the price on REegent is likely lower thanwhat I have paid for many a cruise in Suites on HAL. It is not alwayst just about pricing. IT is more importantly what one wants. I loe HAL< have sailed them ab out 100+ cruises and have no interest in Rregent . I have nothing againsgt them excett they are not HAL. :) I get your point but will stay with the ships I am so satisfied sailing. Happy sailing to all. :)There are times, at least for some , when money is not the whole story.

Yes, the price on Reegent is likely lower than what I have paid for many a cruise in Suites on HAL. It is not always just about pricing. IT is more importantly what one wants. I love HAL< have sailed them ab out 100+ cruises and have no interest in regent . I have nothing against them except they are not HAL. :) I get your point but will stay with the ships I am so satisfied sailing. Happy sailing to all. :)There are times, at least for some , when money is not the whole story.

Everything one can reasonably expect to get from (on) a cruise IMO, I get from HAL. :)

Everyone has their favorite cruiseline and what is reasonable to expect may be much different than what you do.

I am sorry but am not sure what this means. Would you mind elaborating, a bit?

Thanks in advance.

Everything one can reasonably expect to get from (on) a cruise IMO, I get from HAL. :)

And this has what relation to the op wanting to book a suite? And the fact that Regent are all suites.

And this has what relation to the op wanting to book a suite? And the fact that Regent are all suites.

It was in response to a post by another poster that suggestedanyone who pays to book a Suite on a mass market cruise line, could book a suite on Regent. Did you not see his post ? Just because the price may be similar in the end, does not necessarily make Regent a first choice for some of us.

My response followed the post that suggested a suite guest on a mass market cruise line should book Regent

My response followed the post that suggested a suite guest on a mass market cruise line should book Regent

If you read the original post the op was complaining that when she try's to book a suit they are always sold out way in advance and I said if you want to be sure of getting one Regent is all suites. And if you read my whole post I said we are on Princess for 31 days in a suite in December we Elite with Princess and have been on 11 different lines, I was stating a fact that Regent is all suite, and don't really care about your opinion about your favorite cruise line!

And I did not say they should book Regent I said they should check it out since Suites are a priority for them.

Edited by goldenrod