2 nights in Solstice, must????

GUT2407

If they do the silent disco it is a must so funny if you take your headphones off just to listen to everyone else singing different tunes

Β 

Β 

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks one to keep an eye out for.

If they do the silent disco it is a must so funny if you take your headphones off just to listen to everyone else singing different tunes

Β 

Β 

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Β 

Never heard of this 'silent disco', but then only done one cruise on Celebrity, which was on Solstice some 5 years ago to NZ. Must be a new form of entertainment.

Β 

Please explain how it works?

Uncle LES

I;m not sure that writing it will be as funny as it is when you do it.

Β 

So - everyone gets a pair of headphones - they have two different tracks on them so you can choose which music you prefer and keep switching between them if you wish - a light on the headphones shows which track you are on. So there is no noise at all - everyone has their headphones on. People are dancing and singing along to the track they are listening to. So if, as suggested you stop for a second and take off your headphones you realise that half the people are singing and dancing to one tune and half to the other - but your only indication of the tune is the noise that participants are making. My husband, a non singer, non dancer and definitely a non joiner - really enjoyed joining in with this activity for a while - it is just funny watching and listening and the bonus is you can singalong to your hearts content while listening to the correct tune on your headphones.

Sushi on 5 may be worth a shot too, I haven't tried it as yet but have heard many good things and their sushi was exceptional in the Silk Harvest.

Β 

I didn't like the sushi at Sushi on 5 but some of the other menu items were delicious: the gyoza and a couple of the other appetisers (one is a spicy one that is divine), and the noodle soups are very good as well. We went there three times on our February Solstice cruise and pretty much tried everything on the menu.

The other factor for us is location, which on Century really meant concierge, plus we paid a few $$$$ less than a balcony. The pricing on celebrity seems a bit quirky at times.

Β 

We like midships on deck 7 on Solstice so wouldn't bother with the concierge cabins which are higher in the ship. I wish there were some Aqua cabins lower down though as I'd like to try the Blu restaurant.

Good to hear you have been given the OK to try this cruise, Gut. I hope everything goes as planned and you have a great time on Solstice.

Β 

If it's a cool day try to get a good seat in the Sky Lounge for sailaway, you get spectacular views from up there.

We like midships on deck 7 on Solstice so wouldn't bother with the concierge cabins which are higher in the ship. I wish there were some Aqua cabins lower down though as I'd like to try the Blu restaurant.

Our first ever accessible cabin this cruise just forward if mid on six.

Good to hear you have been given the OK to try this cruise, Gut. I hope everything goes as planned and you have a great time on Solstice.

Β 

If it's a cool day try to get a good seat in the Sky Lounge for sailaway, you get spectacular views from up there.

Thanks.

Β 

Had to hire a walking chair, and buy a walking frame. So it’ll be interesting.

Our first ever accessible cabin this cruise just forward if mid on six.

Β 

Good location. You'll be able to do a review of your accessible cabin. Whenever I've been given an accessible cabin in a caravan park, it was like winning the Lotto, for room!

Β 

Bon Voyage!

Good location. You'll be able to do a review of your accessible cabin. Whenever I've been given an accessible cabin in a caravan park, it was like winning the Lotto, for room!

Β 

Bon Voyage!

Β 

Β 

Oh I expect there’ll be a review,

Something like this...

Β 

Got on, bloke at check in was b.......

Sailed around

Here’s our cabin

Ate too much

Got off.

Oh I expect there’ll be a review,

Something like this...

Β 

Got on, bloke at check in was b.......

Sailed around

Here’s our cabin

Ate too much

Got off.

Β 

No No No............ IF the bloke at check in lets you on.

(and what does the b......... stand for ???) best,beautiful, brilliant etc:')

No No No............ IF the bloke at check in lets you on.

(and what does the b......... stand for ???) best,beautiful, brilliant etc:')

Depends who it is.

Β 

Those might apply to some.

Β 

There are other B words that would fit another, but us8ng them might get me a warning from the admin.

Depends who it is.

Β 

Those might apply to some.

Β 

There are other B words that would fit another, but us8ng them might get me a warning from the admin.

Β 

Ahhhh I see ..ok... ........ now .........how do I spell " Denied Boarding". ( note to self....no red carpet for this b........ only his wife ;) )

Edited by gbenjo

Ahhhh I see ..ok... ........ now .........how do I spell " Denied Boarding". ( note to self....no red carpet for this b........ only his wife ;) )

Β 

Roll out ye red carpet young Graham, thepthal treatment. Onya old son, great job you are doing.:halo:

Β 

Β 

Denied boarding is spelt

Β 

β€œupgrade to Penthouse Suite” now if you write it on the back of your hand you’ll just have to copy it across.

Denied boarding is spelt

Β 

β€œupgrade to Penthouse Suite” now if you write it on the back of your hand you’ll just have to copy it across.

Β 

If only I could my friend.......you would be first on the list

Are you all right mate, or just celebrating too hard. Something nice About ME.;p

Β 

GOTCHA πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Β 

ALthough I may not be there to check you in on the 20th. Ended up in hospital on Saturday night, with what looked like a stroke but turned out to be Bells Palsy so it just depends how long it takes to " settle down" or I guess my happy smiling face will be just HALF a smiling face 😁😠 but all good.

GOTCHA πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Β 

ALthough I may not be there to check you in on the 20th. Ended up in hospital on Saturday night, with what looked like a stroke but turned out to be Bells Palsy so it just depends how long it takes to " settle down" or I guess my happy smiling face will be just HALF a smiling face 😁😠 but all good.

Β 

Get well soon Graham, the RCI/Celebrity cruisers on here need you. :p