Adonia is going

cruiser1955

I had booked adonia for 2 cruises 15/4/18 from Southampton also booked stay and park the Hilton at Southampton 17/11/18 to the Caribbean all I get back is my deposit +£100 future cruise credit which I will not use .after 7 cruises no more with p&o again:mad:

I can't say that P&O come out of this with too much credit. £100 to spend on a future cruise is a pretty pathetic compensation for cancelling booked cruises. If we were booked on Adonia I think it would be the finish of P&O for us.

I really am sorry to all of you who had a cruise booked on Adonia for 2018. Like all of you, I am very disappointed in P&O for doing this. Sadly, loyalty appears to mean nothing to them anymore.

I really feel for anyone affected by this. I think it is unfair that P&O have been giving quasi assurance to passengers when they were aware that the ship was going.

I hope that they are generous to those affected, particulalry anyone who has flights and hotels etc purchased to get to cruises that are now cancelled.

We've got friends, supposed to be going for their 30th wedding anniversary in July. I don't think they know yet about this

Sadly I see this as the start of a cull of the smaller P&O ships, Oceana, Aurora and indeed Oriana are all vulnerable with the advent of the new mega ship. Unfortunately the smaller ships attract an older passenger .. sorry guest! who spend less and therefore are not very profitable. Watch this space.

Bal

I really am sorry to all of you who had a cruise booked on Adonia for 2018. Like all of you, I am very disappointed in P&O for doing this. Sadly, loyalty appears to mean nothing to them anymore.
A real shock for all who have future cruises booked after March 2018. However, I think P&O get no say in the matter, as with the Fathom farce.

The Carnival bean counters obviously see much bigger $$$$$ signs with her transferred to their Azamara brand.

A real shock for all who have future cruises booked after March 2018. However, I think P&O get no say in the matter, as with the Fathom farce.

The Carnival bean counters obviously see much bigger $$$$$ signs with her transferred to their Azamara brand.

Well not quite. Azamara is owned by rival RCCL.... not Carnival

Booked D812, luckily we hadnt booked flights from Australia, that was happening this week, ohh its so sad, was hoping it was all just rumours. Hopefully we are all offered some sort of compensation or incentive, that will decide if its another P&O cruise we book or another company. The cruises have gone from their web site now :loudcry::loudcry::loudcry:

Sorry about cancellation of your cruise on D812. So pleased you hadn't booked your long haul flights from Australia.

Sadly I see this as the start of a cull of the smaller P&O ships, Oceana, Aurora and indeed Oriana are all vulnerable with the advent of the new mega ship. Unfortunately the smaller ships attract an older passenger .. sorry guest! who spend less and therefore are not very profitable. Watch this space.

Bal

Sorry I am not an "older Passenger " and had speciality restaurants and a wine package ordered for our Adonia cruise .We have cruised on all P&O ships ,it's the itinerary that makes us choose a ship 🙄

Yes we are not best pleased either. We had the Canberra suite booked for two weeks, a £1000 OBC and trips up the river to Seville etc to look forward to. The nice young lady at P&O explained that they would offer £100 pp future cruise discount (I can get that from any decent TA) and that previous offers such as reduced prices and OBC would not be honoured. Oh and you had to agree to this by the 27th October or loose it (though to be fair that's better than the 14 days allowed in the T&C). To us it is a slap in the face, no respect for how many voyages you may have made so far, so we will be calling it a day with P&O and moving on to some cruise line that actually cares what its passengers think about it.

I just wish that the two CC members who made a point of putting me down when I raised a question about Adonai's future on another thread would step up and apologise at this point. I wont name them but CP and DB you know who you are.

Bye Bye P&O.

Peter and Jenny

Bal

You only need to attend any on board loyalty event, or read the posts on here from those who do the most cruises, to know that P&O's most loyal customers (who, by definition, spend the most with P&O) are mostly retired people. These people have very high disposable incomes through gold plated pension schemes and/or inheritances and can afford to cruise many times a year - and do.

The vast majority of people currently below 60 will not enjoy anything like the same level of retirement income in older age and many of those below 40 are at risk of retiring on negligible workplace pensions and will struggle to pay the bills in retirement, let alone go on cruises.

So, although it is indeed true that P&O need to create a product that appeals more to those who are still of working age as, in years to come, these passengers will represent a greater and greater proportion of the cruising population, many of the older / traditional / affluent cruisers still have a lot of cruising years ahead of them and a lot of money to spend.

Furthermore, those of us who have cruised with P&O for many years but aren't yet retired are increasingly drawn to the smaller ships because we prefer the more interesting and varied itineraries and the passenger profile that this attracts.

So, whilst Oriana, Aurora and Oceana will clearly exit the P&O fleet before Ventura, Azura and Britannia, I think that it will be a decade or more before we are down to the last of the small ships.

Sorry about cancellation of your cruise on D812. So pleased you hadn't booked your long haul flights from Australia.

Thanks, yes would have been more of a pain if we had, now have to work out what we want to do.

Will look at other companies, P&O have one J805 that will work for us, but the reason we chose Adonia was primarily the itinerary and the fact that its a small ship and can get up the rivers and berth in the towns.. If all they are offering is 100 pounds off an cruise then I think we'll look to see what other cruise lines have. Thomson is one that loads of people are mentioning now, I know nothing about it, actually I'd never heard of it before I'd booked this cruise.

So back to the drawing board!!

Hope you get something worked out Les :(

Its so sad, I was looking forward to this

Commiserations to you as well. Sad day, like you we were really looking forward to Adonia D812 and one after D813. Hope we get our full deposits back, soon.

Just this afternoon I have booked Sapphire Princess for 2 June, Baltic Heritage, which is B2B with Sapphire already booked- Scandinavia, 26 May-2 June. Lucky to snare same cabin for both after some wheeling and dealing with nice Princess lady.:* Then have to work out what to do with remaining 3 weeks prior to fly out on 7 July, might go over to Ireland for 3 weeks, get a car. Can fly from Southampton to Dublin, cheap.

P&O UK are off my list of cruiselines now.

Good luck with your arrangements. We are locked in with our flights, but going to a relo wedding precruise anyway.

Edited by NSWP

Thanks, yes would have been more of a pain if we had, now have to work out what we want to do.

Will look at other companies, P&O have one J805 that will work for us, but the reason we chose Adonia was primarily the itinerary and the fact that its a small ship and can get up the rivers and berth in the towns.. If all they are offering is 100 pounds off an cruise then I think we'll look to see what other cruise lines have. Thomson is one that loads of people are mentioning now, I know nothing about it, actually I'd never heard of it before I'd booked this cruise.

So back to the drawing board!!

You might like to check out Fred.Olsen, as they have smaller ships, which do interesting itineraries. They list cruises which are on special. Good Luck. I will organise something overseas next year.

Bal

We are older passengers but nevertheless spend a lot of money on our cruises. We drink wine every night, spend in the shops, send our clothes to the laundry and book all our excursions with P&O. I do however share your fear that the smaller ships will be the first to go. I'll never book the larger ships so we'll have to spend our money elsewhere, when and if that happens.

Not a good situation all round, it would put me off booking in advance with P&O as you could end up, as Les has, with expensive, redundant flights. Couple that with the last minute discounts (which are on the rise again) and it makes advance booking very much less attractive.

For those of you who are now looking around for a cruise and like smaller ships there is always Hebredean Isand cruises which most people have not heard of. They only have about 50 passengers on their ships (and just about as many crew). It's the line that the Queen chartered for her birthday.

They are a bit on the expensive side but something different from the run of the mill cruise company.

Azamara are RCCL brand.

RCI D+. Princess Elite.P&O Atlantic.

Yes we are not best pleased either. We had the Canberra suite booked for two weeks, a £1000 OBC and trips up the river to Seville etc to look forward to. The nice young lady at P&O explained that they would offer £100 pp future cruise discount (I can get that from any decent TA) and that previous offers such as reduced prices and OBC would not be honoured. Oh and you had to agree to this by the 27th October or loose it (though to be fair that's better than the 14 days allowed in the T&C). To us it is a slap in the face, no respect for how many voyages you may have made so far, so we will be calling it a day with P&O and moving on to some cruise line that actually cares what its passengers think about it.

I just wish that the two CC members who made a point of putting me down when I raised a question about Adonai's future on another thread would step up and apologise at this point. I wont name them but CP and DB you know who you are.

Bye Bye P&O.

Peter and Jenny

I feel sorry for you the way P&O have handled this is shocking​.

I knew as soon as P&O sent the new brochure a few weeks ago that Adonia was going when they showed their last voyage as 23rd February 2018.

You only need to attend any on board loyalty event, or read the posts on here from those who do the most cruises, to know that P&O's most loyal customers (who, by definition, spend the most with P&O) are mostly retired people. These people have very high disposable incomes through gold plated pension schemes and/or inheritances and can afford to cruise many times a year - and do.

The vast majority of people currently below 60 will not enjoy anything like the same level of retirement income in older age and many of those below 40 are at risk of retiring on negligible workplace pensions and will struggle to pay the bills in retirement, let alone go on cruises.

So, although it is indeed true that P&O need to create a product that appeals more to those who are still of working age as, in years to come, these passengers will represent a greater and greater proportion of the cruising population, many of the older / traditional / affluent cruisers still have a lot of cruising years ahead of them and a lot of money to spend.

Furthermore, those of us who have cruised with P&O for many years but aren't yet retired are increasingly drawn to the smaller ships because we prefer the more interesting and varied itineraries and the passenger profile that this attracts.

So, whilst Oriana, Aurora and Oceana will clearly exit the P&O fleet before Ventura, Azura and Britannia, I think that it will be a decade or more before we are down to the last of the small ships.

You can never be sure.

RC sold our favourite small ship Splendour of the seas to Thomson a couple of years after a multi million dollar refit.

Aurora which we love might be next as she has been jinxed with engine room failures and norovirus on several occasions.

I am gutted to read this, have booked and deposited on Adonia, D812/813, June/July.

Also booked and paid for business class airfare, booked hotels, car etc.

Have to get onto my agent.:evilsmile:

I hope you can rearrange new cruises,it affects you more than most because of where you live.