Carnival Splendor to stay with Carnival, Golden Princess to transfer.

CruiseAdict218

Personally, I consider this very bad news. Almost all of my recent and currently booked future cruises are on the Caribbean Princess, the Golden Princess, or the Grand Princess. I will try to enjoy her between now and 2020, and I'm looking forward to 28 days from Los Angeles to Sydney in September next year - and possibly an Alaska cruise.

Also in 2020 the Ruby Princess will be deployed to Australia.

"Princess Cruises’ larger Ruby Princess will replace Golden Princess, sailing alongside the new Majestic Princess. Princess Cruises is also yet to release more information about the deployment of Ruby Princess; Australians will need to wait until the second half of next year".

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8095

I am crushed. I had a bad feeling when the Golden went to the Australian market. And we get the Royal instead. Boo Hoo...Yes, I am very sad.

More reason to take the circle the Pacific cruise! NavyVeteran...you are not getting my stateroom.

In what I think is a shock, Carnival Splendor will stay with Carnival, while the Golden Princess will be transferred out in 2020 to P&O Cruises Australia.

I really thought Grand would be going to Australia.

Maybe they will restart Ocean Village, and put Grand there.

I am crushed. I had a bad feeling when the Golden went to the Australian market. And we get the Royal instead. Boo Hoo...Yes, I am very sad.

More reason to take the circle the Pacific cruise! NavyVeteran...you are not getting my stateroom.

I didn't realize there was even more competition for "our" stateroom? We will have it next July for our Alaska cruise tour but a balcony for that Pacific cruise. I wish they had WS on more of the ships.

Golden Princess was our first Princess cruise and will be missed.

Also in 2020 the Ruby Princess will be deployed to Australia.

"Princess Cruises’ larger Ruby Princess will replace Golden Princess, sailing alongside the new Majestic Princess. Princess Cruises is also yet to release more information about the deployment of Ruby Princess; Australians will need to wait until the second half of next year".

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8095

No!!!! Not the Ruby!!! :loudcry:

It's one of my favorites!

Hmm....maybe that will give me an excuse to finally get to Australia.... :confused:

That is sad news. We sailed on the Golden on our first Princess cruise and have been on her for a total of 42 days. We have booked the 28 day LA yo Sydney in a window suite next fall. Hope nothing prevents us from taking that cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our first cruise was on the Golden too!:)