Cheddar on Norwegian?

GetMeOnThatShip

This has to be fishing post - or one to wind up the Brits:mad:.

Cheddar is not orange - end of.

Proper mature cheddar is slightly off-white in colour and has flavour (with a u;)). It is wonderful on its own, with Marmite in a sandwich, with tomato or proper ham or proper pickle in a sandwich, as cheese on toast with a sprinkling of paprika and in my unctious cheese straws recipe.

That rubbery, orange abomination masquerading as cheddar is only good for stopping the ship bashing the dock whilst parking. And breathe...

Marmite and cheddar sandwich, ohhh yes please!

cheddar cheese is easy to get everywhere,, but what they never seem to have is delicious provolone! :D

with a nice fresh italian bread? i better bring my own!

Interestingly - provolone is quite hard to get in UK - why - I don't know. We are now in the happy position that we can have tasters of different parmesans (for example) at farmers markets before we buy (and yes there is a marked difference between parmesans).

Also there are very different cheddars - and as mentioned further up in this thread - Lincolnshire Poacher - lovely proper cheese.

Here I sit watching American Football played in London! What's better is I looked up a UK recipe of Cheese and Rice and what do I find??? An advertisement for VT based Cabot Cheddar! Now how does my Sunday get better than that? Maybe NCL will put Cheese and Rice on the menu with VT Cheddar, Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog and John Cleese as guest in the comedy club!

Seven pages of discussion involving cheese and only a slight mention of Monty Python!:rolleyes: Someday a good Venezuelan Beaver Cheese might be found on NCL!

Seven pages of discussion involving cheese and only a slight mention of Monty Python!:rolleyes: Someday a good Venezuelan Beaver Cheese might be found on NCL!
Everyone should watch the Monty Python cheese shop video here as a fan of this tread:
--- classic and even a Norwegian reference!

As our discussion has included cheese, meats, pumpkin and maple syrup amongst other things, here is an article that covers them all! I am willing to bring some Vermont Maple syrup in exchange for some cheese! 8bc4244df04eebefe789491ea8925400.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

If ever someone has tasted proper Red Leicester then they would realise that orange rubber 'cheddar' is not even an attempt at imitation.

I am afraid to say that many of our US cousins have been conned into what constitutes cheese. We did find some decent cheese in NYC but in upstate NY it was a cheese desert.

My first move on returning home to UK was chomping on a lump of Wensleydale whilst cooking a proper bacon sandwich.

I LOVE Wensleydale. We can find it with cranberries infused and it ROCKS!

I LOVE Wensleydale. We can find it with cranberries infused and it ROCKS!

Noooooooooooo!!!

Cheese with fruit in it is an abomination.

A few grapes on the side maybe, but never in the cheese.

I'm going to have to have a sit down now.:)

Noooooooooooo!!!

Cheese with fruit in it is an abomination.

A few grapes on the side maybe, but never in the cheese.

I'm going to have to have a sit down now.:)

Wash it down with a super hopped pumpkin ale for a real stomach churner...

bosco

Wash it down with a super hopped pumpkin ale for a real stomach churner...

bosco

You can't beat a bit of good quality Stilton washed down with a nice glass of Port.

Supermarkets are very hit and miss with Stilton, some of it is really very nice but every so often you'll pick a piece that tastes like soap with salt.

You can't beat a bit of good quality Stilton washed down with a nice glass of Port.

Supermarkets are very hit and miss with Stilton, some of it is really very nice but every so often you'll pick a piece that tastes like soap with salt.

If we get a bit of dodgy Stilton we put it in a bowl and soak it with (cheapish) port for a few days.

casually browsing the NCL board... what? Cheese is up to 136 posts? Don't do it... don't... augh have to see.

When I was younger, I had a primary care doctor who was an odd small man, who always stood straight up like he had a stick taped to his body, small in stature, and bald. During an annual checkup, we would do a short interview about my lifestyle, excercise, etc. One day we sat down and it went like this.

Dr: How about cheese?

me: What?

Dr: Do you eat a lot of cheese?

me: some, I guess. Not a lot.

Dr: Good.

awkward silence.

Me: Why?

Dr: Well, Cheese is very bad for you.

Me: Oh.

So now I appreciate my cheese selections even more, knowing I may be choosing the instrument of my delicious death.

I keep thinking "Cheddar Cheese" is a euphemism for something else but no we're talking about cheese, oh well.

It is, it's Cockney rhyming slang for keys! Londoners say "'Av ya got yer cheddars?"

Here's a good link to Cheddar Cheese too (origin and taste) for everyone.

https://cheese.com/cheddar/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[/i]CostaFortune, We are in Southgate, North London. We have a Simply Food M & S a couple of minutes walk away, but even the larger stores don't have a cheese and deli counter, only pre-wrapped on the shelves. Waitrose is better, and the one at John Lewis in Oxford Street is good,

Where are you? We were in Rochester this year over the late May bank holiday for the 2017 weekend reunion of the French and English Renault Wind owners, and drove in a convoy of around 25 Winds through the High Weald, with visits to Penshurst Place and Sissinghurst..

We are 2 miles from Rochester! My hubby works there.

Sissinghurst is fab, steeped in history. Did you climb to the top of the tower where the flag flies? Penshurst Place is special too. When the US visitors ask about where to go in London, when their ship is leaving from Southampton, I always recommend visiting Kent or East Sussex counties for their beautiful castles and houses.

Less terrorists too! [emoji44]

We have a Waitrose food delivery once a month, they price match with Tesco's. Free paper added too (Saturday Mail) [emoji6]

I guess you're Arsenal fans? Shout next time you're down this way.

For those of you in and around London, have you tried Borough Market? Plenty of artisan cheese makers. I was able to get Lincolnshire Poacher from Selfridges once, although the place were its made is only 15 miles from my house so it was a bit pointless really.

If only the visitors had time to get up to Leicestershire before going to Southampton. Stilton, Red Leicester and Melton Mowbray Pork Pies.

If only the visitors had time to get up to Leicestershire before going to Southampton. Stilton, Red Leicester and Melton Mowbray Pork Pies.

Corrr, love all of those! Yes, it's a bit far from S'ton, what they're missing eh? [emoji6]

We are 2 miles from Rochester! My hubby works there.

Sissinghurst is fab, steeped in history. Did you climb to the top of the tower where the flag flies? Penshurst Place is special too. When the US visitors ask about where to go in London, when their ship is leaving from Southampton, I always recommend visiting Kent or East Sussex counties for their beautiful castles and houses.

Less terrorists too! emoji44.png

We have a Waitrose food delivery once a month, they price match with Tesco's. Free paper added too (Saturday Mail) emoji6.png

I guess you're Arsenal fans? Shout next time you're down this way.

Spurs through and through! This year it's been 50 years since my grandfather (who lived in Tottenham) took me to my first game.

Some of the group got to the top of the tower, but DW and I didn't do so.

For those of you in and around London, have you tried Borough Market? Plenty of artisan cheese makers. I was able to get Lincolnshire Poacher from Selfridges once, although the place were its made is only 15 miles from my house so it was a bit pointless really.

Before parking restrictions in that area changed I used to go regularly to Borough Market, not just for the cheese but also the meat and fish. However, there are now many farmer's markets around the country which sell excellent local cheeses.

Before parking restrictions in that area changed I used to go regularly to Borough Market, not just for the cheese but also the meat and fish. However, there are now many farmer's markets around the country which sell excellent local cheeses.

Lincolnshire Poacher is available at these farmers markets in London.

https://www.lfm.org.uk/producers/fw-read-and-son/

Our local one at Pimlico road has it!:D