Could You Pull Off a Track Suit to a Formal Night in the MDR?

need2cruisesoon

Of course, all the expressed interest in least formal possible clothing in MDR's raises the logical question: how long will lines be interested in linen tablecloths and real china and table service given the apparent disinterest of their customers in anything other than quick, no strain belly-filling at minimal cost .

Long story very short

DH did wear a bright yellow track suit to formal night back in the mid 80s.

Some sort of rum runner boat in the hot sun during the day, woke up late from the post excursion nap. Evidently he didn't make it through his entree, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's the Traxedo!

traxedo-classic-41.jpg

There is nothing more comfortable and relaxing than a track suit, just my opinion.

But yet I believe formal enough for the most discerning Maitre D's

Totally agree with you. But think about expanding your colour pallet. Orange perhaps? :)

There is nothing more comfortable and relaxing than a track suit, just my opinion.

But yet I believe formal enough for the most discerning Maitre D's

Do you and your wife wear matching track suits? Do you prefer high tops or low sneakers?;):D

Of course, all the expressed interest in least formal possible clothing in MDR's raises the logical question: how long will lines be interested in linen tablecloths and real china and table service given the apparent disinterest of their customers in anything other than quick, no strain belly-filling at minimal cost .

And sadly what many lines are hoping for. May eventually be paper plates and paper napkins with plastic untensils, because that is how the cruiser wants to dress for a formal dinner.

Out here in Arizona it is so hot most of the time that you hardly ever wear a suit. Except if you go to a funeral, you are the person in the casket who was murdered, or you are on trial for murder! For me wearing my suit to dinner when my wife is all dressed up is a sign of respect for her. It will not kill a guy to get dressed up nice once in a while.

And sadly what many lines are hoping for. May eventually be paper plates and paper napkins with plastic untensils, because that is how the cruiser wants to dress for a formal dinner.

And then all those who claimed that what people wear makes no difference in how the food tastes will wonder how cruise ship dining rooms morphed into high school cafeterias.

And then all those who claimed that what people wear makes no difference in how the food tastes will wonder how cruise ship dining rooms morphed into high school cafeterias.

Caviar and champagne taste the same in shorts and T-shirts at a picnic table on safari in Kenya as they do in an MDR filled with people dressed in tux and gown. From personal experience. :)

I would never wear a track suit in the MDR. Unlike some busybodies on these boards, I would not concern myself whatsoever with it if someone else chose to do so.
This. Wear a track suit, grass skirt, tutu, wife beater, whatever. Join hands and say a pre-meal prayer in your track suit, if you want. While you're at it, you might as well ask the maitre d to announce your arrival at your table.

I don't care and won't be sitting with you anyway since we don't dine with strangers. It won't affect my meal nor the time I enjoy with my family while on vacation.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Caviar and champagne taste the same in shorts and T-shirts at a picnic table on safari in Kenya as they do in an MDR filled with people dressed in tux and gown. From personal experience. :)

Correct: no argument here.

However, when no longer served at all - due at least in part to erosion of expectation for them - they won't be tasted at all.

Out here in Arizona it is so hot most of the time that you hardly ever wear a suit. Except if you go to a funeral, you are the person in the casket who was murdered, or you are on trial for murder! For me wearing my suit to dinner when my wife is all dressed up is a sign of respect for her. It will not kill a guy to get dressed up nice once in a while.

Yes , it gets hot in Arizona. I know,,,, as I'"ve been there in August, it gets hot in Florida in suummer ( b een gthere in July and August), and even gets hot in Boston in suummer but most of us are blessed to have air conditioning, in our homes, autos, offic es and restauurantts and certainly on cruise ships. Hot we ather is no excuse, IMO.