Not happy with corporate

caddykid12

On the BA sailing for 14 days Jan 2nd. Got the email saying on sept 19 that 2 weeks an itineary will be confirmed. Got a call from corporate today. Tgere are NO CHANGES to our sailing. Final payment will NOT BE extended. All ports are subject to be called upon as of now. Either they are optimistic or not worrying about it til a closer date.

San juan

st Thomas

Tortola

St maarten

Dominica

barbados

st lucia

Antigua

the lady on the phone admitted 60% of my itineary cannot be called upon yet why are they not changing it!?

A friehd is on the 2-2-18 sailing and got am email today saying his itinerary will be sent by Thursday

If they sre diverting san juan st Thomas and st maarteb to port Canaveral. Nassau and GSC why not do it ro all.

Not being selfish but id like to be somewhere nice not going to islsnds and do relief missions

We received the same email. We are on the Dawn 11/26 & 12/3 and still haven't heard about cancellation or port changes. Our itinerary:

San Juan

St Lucia - 1st wk, Barbados - 2nd

Martinique

St. Kitts

St Maarten

St Thomas

I would rather just cruise than to have a cancellation. However, we aren't certain whether San Juan will be ready for cruisers. Fingers crossed!

We are on the Repo cruise out of Boston on the Dawn that leaves November 3rd and is supposed to end in San Juan. We have not heard yet either but yesterday people noticed that their excursions they had booked in St Thomas, Tortola and St Maarten had been cancelled and are getting refunds. So we know they are working on it

As for us. I dont care where we go or even where we end. Im just happy to be on a vacation. The other details can be worked out.

On the BA sailing for 14 days Jan 2nd. Got the email saying on sept 19 that 2 weeks an itineary will be confirmed. Got a call from corporate today. Tgere are NO CHANGES to our sailing. Final payment will NOT BE extended. All ports are subject to be called upon as of now. Either they are optimistic or not worrying about it til a closer date.

San juan

st Thomas

Tortola

St maarten

Dominica

barbados

st lucia

Antigua

the lady on the phone admitted 60% of my itineary cannot be called upon yet why are they not changing it!?

A friehd is on the 2-2-18 sailing and got am email today saying his itinerary will be sent by Thursday

If they sre diverting san juan st Thomas and st maarteb to port Canaveral. Nassau and GSC why not do it ro all.

Not being selfish but id like to be somewhere nice not going to islsnds and do relief missions

i believe they are in fear that if they send out a florida/bahamas itinerary too many people will cancel. They will wait until final payment is due and then (maybe) let you know where you will be going

sorry for your concern.

BUT - the islands and the cruise lines are working overtime trying to get back in business and figure this out. January is hundreds of cruises from now. Some of Islands expect to be open by then.

There are no easy answers.

Any answer you get is going to change. Just the way it is.

We are on the Dawn repositioning cruise on 1/7/18 from San Juan to Tampa. Found out through our Roll Call that one of the members got an email yesterday from NCL. Still leaving out of San Juan. St. Maarten got switched to St. Croix and St. Thomas got switched to St. Lucia.

If the ports are that important to you then I would cancel before final payment and re-evaluate booking later as ports are always subject to change and so much is up in the air right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

everyone understands how frustrating this is for everyone but please remember, not just NCL but so many other lines are having the same problems and concerns. Do you have any idea how many hours some to these cruise lines are putting in, just to find ports that can handle one more ship or working to come up with an itinerary that is workable time wise. :o

i believe they are in fear that if they send out a florida/bahamas itinerary too many people will cancel. They will wait until final payment is due and then (maybe) let you know where you will be going

They are risking ALOT of future business doing that

If you feel the way you feel and it's prior to final payment, you should cancel. You'll only feel cheated if you don't and the ports get changed. I really don't think they are consciously choosing to wait until past final payment to update to trap people. They have two choices right now.

1. To change the itinerary, and if some of those ports re-open before you cruise you are still stuck w the new itinerary or

2. Wait until the cruise is closer so they know how many ports will be open and if they can salvage a bulk of the itinerary or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on the Repo cruise out of Boston on the Dawn that leaves November 3rd and is supposed to end in San Juan. We have not heard yet either but yesterday people noticed that their excursions they had booked in St Thomas, Tortola and St Maarten had been cancelled and are getting refunds. So we know they are working on it

As for us. I dont care where we go or even where we end. Im just happy to be on a vacation. The other details can be worked out.

You really should care about where you end if it's not your original destination

I guess a good travel insurance policy might cover that one way fare from say Miami over your one way fare from San Juan home that you probably already booked?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You really should care about where you end if it's not your original destination

I guess a good travel insurance policy might cover that one way fare from say Miami over your one way fare from San Juan home that you probably already booked?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have a great travel insurance policy. Once they announce any change in port, I will get a check for 2500. They will also pay for any loss such as change fees etc

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I agree. We just got stuck with that on Breakaway. Many, many people have sailed Florida/Bahamas from NYC before, multiple times in fact. I would have canceled if final payment were not past.

Surprisingly reports out of the islands are that both St. Thomas and San Juan will be beck in business by the first of the year. That is really surprising to me, but they are saying that they are getting the tourists areas back up ASAP to get cash flowing. Downtown Charlotte Amalie is already ready for tourists. I don't know how accurate these reports are but check this for more information:

http://www.wimco.com/vacation-travel-reviews-and-blog.aspx?target=/hurricane-updates/

The title really, IMO, should read "not happy with mother nature" ... take 3 deep breath, please and think for a moment , really ;)

It is what it is, TD #16 - expected / likely to turn into Hurricane Nate in the Gulf, a fast moving storm with all coastal interest on notice - could be impacting and making landfall this weekend into next week.

NCL, just like another cruiselines, has been whacked this season by storms and just because NCL could possibly give you an answer that you like - just to make you happy for now, might turned out not to be true. The Hurricane season isn't officially over until Nov. 30th.

Don't book early & wait until you get close to the sailing date and do consider your insurance/cancel option based on your risk tolerance or choice to self-insure, etc.

There is no guarantee ... (well, refer to your cruise document's contractual fine prints & disclosures ... which you agreed to with the implied acceptance by booking the sailings)

The title really, IMO, should read "not happy with mother nature" ... take 3 deep breath, please and think for a moment , really ;)

It is what it is, TD #16 - expected / likely to turn into Hurricane Nate in the Gulf, a fast moving storm with all coastal interest on notice - could be impacting and making landfall this weekend into next week.

NCL, just like another cruiselines, has been whacked this season by storms and just because NCL could possibly give you an answer that you like - just to make you happy for now, might turned out not to be true. The Hurricane season isn't officially over until Nov. 30th.

Don't book early & wait until you get close to the sailing date and do consider your insurance/cancel option based on your risk tolerance or choice to self-insure, etc.

There is no guarantee ... (well, refer to your cruise document's contractual fine prints & disclosures ... which you agreed to with the implied acceptance by booking the sailings)

Exactly. All these hurricanes happened after my final payment date so no option what so ever there. I'm still going on my mystery cruise and excited. (29 days and counting).

If you are not happy and you are before final payment date, then go on and cancel now and get your money back.

As mention the cruise lines are scrambling right now to find ports that have available slots and can fit into the cruise time frame and everyone us jumping down their throats. Right now I'm extremely pleased with the way NCL is handling everything. Trying to keep everyone updated and doing so.e wonderful charity work as well

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The cruise line will make every effort to maintain the planned itinerary. that is the goal. The islands have all placed priority on reopening their ports and kick start their tourism income. You are going into final payment with your eyes wide open.

If you feel the way you feel and it's prior to final payment, you should cancel. You'll only feel cheated if you don't and the ports get changed. I really don't think they are consciously choosing to wait until past final payment to update to trap people. They have two choices right now.

1. To change the itinerary, and if some of those ports re-open before you cruise you are still stuck w the new itinerary or

2. Wait until the cruise is closer so they know how many ports will be open and if they can salvage a bulk of the itinerary or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your money, your vacation, your decision. Corporate can't decide for you. Only you can.

Excellent observations in light of the situation.

OP - cancel. You'll be much happier without the stress and worry of "not ending up somewhere nice". This isn't their first rodeo and they now precisely how much business they will lose in the future (next to none, if you're betting).

And just for the record - you can be considered extremely selfish by many (not that you care).

Are there any cruises with similar itineraries in a time frame that work for you? If so, I'd cancel and keep an eye on all the vacations that work for you. i wouldn't book anything now since all the Itineraries are up in the air, but if anything else works for you then you will have more options to book a last minute cruise when the itinerary is more certain.

Corporate can't possibly know when these islands will be ready for tourists. It's not like fleets of utility trucks can drive there from different states to aide in recovery. Even if the ports are open doesn't deem it safe to go beyond them. NCL is doing their best to ensure you enjoy your trip and with ALL the cruise lines shuffling ports of call, it is not like they can wave a magic wand and be done with it.

My heart goes out to these people that survived hell on earth. No matter how much you rebuild, your life is never the same after a major hurricane hits you, or any other natural disaster for that matter. You will never forget the sounds, the fear, the fact that it could very well be the moment that you die. I have been through many a storms in my life, the most horrific was hurricane Andrew. Here we are worried about vacation plans, when there are those worried about having no housing, food or water. Only having the clothes on their backs. Kind of makes my vacation inconsequential in the realm of things.