Blu Question--Dine as you please vs set seating time?

likestorelax

Unless I am totally mistaking you, Sweetbreads are the thymus and/or pancreas from a bovine. Some people have misconceptions of what they are, especially when they refer to a "bull". Sweetbreads may be an acquired taste, and prep is very important, but they do not originate below the "waist" of a steer.

I

Was thinking sweetbreads come from the bulls cojones its really a very especial in Madrid. After the bullfighting

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well it's your opinion anyway and you know what Clint Eastwood said in Dirty harry about opinions......if not look it up, it would be removed if I printed it:o

OK. My opinion is beef comes from a goat. Corn is a fruit. The capital of England is Madrid. The earth is flat.

Just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Don is absolutely NOT wrong.

Blu and Luminae have been Smart Casual since their inception. Never has changed over the years. And I have absolutely NO intention of dressing beyond my normal smart casual attire in either Blu or Luminae. If you want to get dressed up, knock yourself out, I support you completely but no way am I going to conform to a "code" that has been simply made up (and which I have never seen on 25+ =X= cruises) on a single ship.

And wonder why the attire you experienced in Blu I've never experienced in hundreds of days on ships. Never. And you talked about a "14 day cruise." Most of ours B2Bs and are a total of 21-30 days, so that doesn't fly. And we never sail in the Caribbean. Europe/Asia/TAs/SA only.

Thank you for confirming what I said, I don't care what people wear but people come on this board for correct information. It's just annoying to explain something about a policy that has been in effect since long before this poster joined the board.

Well, I think you are wrong.. So we will have to agree to disagree.

Don is completely correct about this. Company policy for years now has been that the formal (now evening chic) dress code ONLY applies to the MDR. He is also correct that there is supposed to be a maximum of two evening chic nights per/cruise.

Well it's your opinion anyway and you know what Clint Eastwood said in Dirty harry about opinions......if not look it up, it would be removed if I printed it:o

Dude, give it a rest. You made a mistake and did not know what sweetbreads are. No big deal. Stop making a bigger fool of yourself pretending you can have an "opinion" about something where there is a clear right/wrong... and you are dead wrong. Do you have masochistic tendencies?!?

OK. My opinion is beef comes from a goat. Corn is a fruit. The capital of England is Madrid. The earth is flat.

Just my opinion.

now you are being silly, but you see if I say that if i adhered strictly to the dress code on Celebrity for restaurants, I might just turn up in my underwear for that is what 'pants' are in the UK. Knickers ion a girl pants in a boy. So I have to be careful how I dress onboard ship.

Now can you tell me that you know what sweetbreads are when they are referred to in all parts of the UK?

In the almost 365 days we have spent cruising on Celebrity, we have never cruised AQ, but have eaten several breakfasts in Blu while cruising in a suite. I, personally, prefer breakfast in buffet, but my wife enjoys Blu breakfasts. We both prefer Blu breakfasts to those of Luminae. This is our opinion. However, it is not an opinion, but a fact that on the 7 14-day cruises we have taken on the Eclipse, there have always been 3 chic nights. We have always had 3 chic nights on all Celebrity cruises that were 14 days or longer. This does not mean b2b cruises totaling 14 days or more, but only single cruises that were 14 days or more.

Now can you tell me that you know what sweetbreads are when they are referred to in all parts of the UK?

Um, from the BBC, which last time I checked was in the UK:

:

Sweetbreads are subject to much confusion, and are often mistakenly believed to be the testicles of an animal. In fact, they're two separate glands - the thymus gland (from the throat) and the pancreas gland (from the heart or stomach) that are taken from calves or lambs.

The whole point I have been making is that by you totally misquoting what sweetbreads are, may cause someone to avoid trying them when they actually may enjoy them.

Aqua 1 Infinity 17 Night Panama Canal Cruise Sept 2015.

The wife is a Amateur Gourmet Cook, lives on the Food Chanel. Blu is great for Dinner, won't eat in the Main Dining Room ever again. Started doing Blu for Breakfast on the Summit, when we can. Can't do Blu when in a hurry.

I'm a Coffee Connoisseur, I now consider the MDR Sanka .

22594727996_3c5e500299_b.jpg

CaptDave

Dave thank gawd for the food channel :D. My third wife is stunningly beautiful,fantastic sense of humor and adventurous ;)..... However if not for the food channel I would have starved. Happy cruising my friend.

Um, from the BBC, which last time I checked was in the UK:

:

Sweetbreads are subject to much confusion, and are often mistakenly believed to be the testicles of an animal. In fact, they're two separate glands - the thymus gland (from the throat) and the pancreas gland (from the heart or stomach) that are taken from calves or lambs.

The whole point I have been making is that by you totally misquoting what sweetbreads are, may cause someone to avoid trying them when they actually may enjoy them.

It is but the BBC never claims to cover everything across the whole of the UK. Why do you think they are 'mistakenly' believed to be. Because some areas of the Uk use the term for what they are!

Like the joke of the man who ordered sweetbreads for breakfast and got two lovely large balls on his plate. He ordered the same a week later and got two small balls on his plate. Asking the waiter why, he was told that the matador does not always win.

It is but the BBC never claims to cover everything across the whole of the UK. Why do you think they are 'mistakenly' believed to be. Because some areas of the Uk use the term for what they are!

Like the joke of the man who ordered sweetbreads for breakfast and got two lovely large balls on his plate. He ordered the same a week later and got two small balls on his plate. Asking the waiter why, he was told that the matador does not always win.

I give up. If the good Lord told you that you were wrong you'd change religions. [emoji50] Nothing will convince you. Enjoy your next breakfast in Blu.

You are right to give up because you are wrong.

Gonzo

What the h**ll is the mater with YOU. seems to me you know everything about sweetbreads people around the world have a different perspectives about sweetbreads so back off and don’t display you ignorance around here

The following is from Celebrity's Australian website (sorry about the loss of format when pasted) - notice the difference in number of "Evening Chic" Evenings compared to the US website:

Dining aboard Celebrity is a true taste of luxury. A departure from the everyday. Whether dining at an intimate table for two or a convivial table for many, appropriate attire contributes to everyone's overall enjoyment.

Evening Dress Codes

Cruise length No. of Smart Casual & Above Evenings No. of "Evening Chic" Evenings

2 - 6 days 1 - 5 1

7 - 11 days 5 - 9 2

12 - 15 days 9 - 12 3

16+ days 12+ 4

Smart Casual and Above

Ladies: Skirt or pants/trousers (no holes, rips or tears) complemented by sweater or blouse.

Gentlemen: Pant/trousers (no holes, rips or tears) with collared sports shirt or sweater. Shirts must have sleeves.

Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip flops are not allowed in the evening hours. As a courtesy to our guests, we respectfully require and enforce compliance with dress code at the entrance of your restaurant of choice. Additionally, guests are asked to follow the 'Smart Casual and Above: dress code in the Celebrity Theatre for all evening performances.

Evening Chic

Ladies: Cocktail dress, skits, pants or designer jeans with an elegant top

Gentlemen: Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater. Optional - sport coat or blazer

Evening Chic means that you can get glamorous and be sophisticated in your own way. If you would like to still wear a tuxedo or formal gown on Evening Chic nights, you absolutely should.

Speciality Restaurants (Including Blu for our AquaClass Guests)

The dress code at Celebrity's Speciality Restaurants is 'Smart Casual and Above' for every night of your cruise. Evening Chic attire is only required in the main dining room on your "Evening Chic" evenings.

The following is from Celebrity's Australian website (sorry about the loss of format when pasted) - notice the difference in number of "Evening Chic" Evenings compared to the US website:

Dining aboard Celebrity is a true taste of luxury. A departure from the everyday. Whether dining at an intimate table for two or a convivial table for many, appropriate attire contributes to everyone's overall enjoyment.

Evening Dress Codes

Cruise length No. of Smart Casual & Above Evenings No. of "Evening Chic" Evenings

2 - 6 days 1 - 5 1

7 - 11 days 5 - 9 2

12 - 15 days 9 - 12 3

16+ days 12+ 4

Smart Casual and Above

Ladies: Skirt or pants/trousers (no holes, rips or tears) complemented by sweater or blouse.

Gentlemen: Pant/trousers (no holes, rips or tears) with collared sports shirt or sweater. Shirts must have sleeves.

Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip flops are not allowed in the evening hours. As a courtesy to our guests, we respectfully require and enforce compliance with dress code at the entrance of your restaurant of choice. Additionally, guests are asked to follow the 'Smart Casual and Above: dress code in the Celebrity Theatre for all evening performances.

Evening Chic

Ladies: Cocktail dress, skits, pants or designer jeans with an elegant top

Gentlemen: Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater. Optional - sport coat or blazer

Evening Chic means that you can get glamorous and be sophisticated in your own way. If you would like to still wear a tuxedo or formal gown on Evening Chic nights, you absolutely should.

Speciality Restaurants (Including Blu for our AquaClass Guests)

The dress code at Celebrity's Speciality Restaurants is 'Smart Casual and Above' for every night of your cruise. Evening Chic attire is only required in the main dining room on your "Evening Chic" evenings.

They have a habit of doing that, years ago when they went from three types of dress to two, they took almost five years to change the U.K. Website.

When some cruisers post that they are unsure that they will ever return to the line, I think, rather than argue with them, we should be encouraging. :halo:

At least I know I shall be spared if I always have my breakfasts in Blu. :evilsmile:

Andrew

So much nonsense in this thread:

1. Breakfast in Blu is great. Sure, you could argue about the food but I can't imagine too many would think the atmosphere is worse than the buffet. And the smoothies are free.

2. Blu is Aqua class and possibly suites only. I've never seen a verified report of Concierge class eating there.

3. Dress code in Blu is always smart casual and above. Chic nights are often "observed" but the dress code does not change (and really, who can tell the difference anyway).

These are my observations after 45 nights in Aqua class (M and S class).

Don (dkjretired) probably has a lot more experience than me and I've never known him to be wrong.

Gonzo

What the h**ll is the mater with YOU. seems to me you know everything about sweetbreads people around the world have a different perspectives about sweetbreads so back off and don’t display you ignorance around here

I think you should re-read the thread before being so rude. I agree with you that "people around the world have a different perspective about sweetbreads", it is the op who INSISTS that there is only ONE perspective, I have merely said that he was wrong and that in some areas sweetbreads really are not what s/he maintains. It is the op who claims to know everything about them not I. the op has now even resorted to blasphemy to try and prove the point that s/he knows everything.

I suggest you go to Specsavers and get some new specs, reread the thread items pertaining to the discussion, realise the op's predilection and belief and then turn your vitriolic, out of place on this discussion board, anger on the op and I look forward to your apology to me.

Absolutely agree, this is one rule they have never deviated from, remember when we tried to get Lois in when Blu was new. I was told very politely no.

If you recall, very recently, there was a frequent poster on these boards that admitted to being allowed into Blu when he was not travelling in Aqua ;).

Anon,

I take it you were not too enamoured with your first X sailing?

Anon,

I take it you were not too enamoured with your first X sailing?

First sailing with Celebrity, some serious short comings, not least the food in Blu but also the lack of information available when one is getting off ship and not taking one of their expensive shore excursions, not about private tours, just basic maps and places to see in the town.

Two more cruises booked for next year, but with other companies.