AIBP and Meet and Mingle

Corgidawgga

Just learned that the AIBP does not apply while at a M&M....is this a new policy from Princess, or am I just learning of it.

Doesn't seem fair to me....isn't an AIBP just that? Are there further restrictions on when, where or what events that are not allowed?

They've renamed it the "Premium Beverage Package" so it no longer has to be all inclusive.

We board tomorrow and our M&M is on Monday so (if the internet is working) I'll come back and let you know what happens.

Sounds like "fake news" to me and doesn't make sense. If it is true just walk over to another bar, get a drink using your AIBP, and walk back to the Meet and Mingle with a big smile on your face. You could even pick one up on your way to the M&M just in case. Have a great cruise.

Sounds like "fake news" to me and doesn't make sense. If it is true just walk over to another bar, get a drink using your AIBP, and walk back to the Meet and Mingle with a big smile on your face. You could even pick one up on your way to the M&M just in case. Have a great cruise.

It's not fake news.

The Meet and Greet coordinators got emails from Princess this last week informing them of this change.

Still remains to be seen if it will be enforced on board though.

It's not fake news.

The Meet and Greet coordinators got emails from Princess this last week informing them of this change.

Yes, but email said they would be glad to provide pitcher of water with lemon if requested.......LOL.......very generous!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's not fake news.

Then I would have to say Princess is going a little batty. What a weird policy. I wonder if that means the Suite, Elite and Platinum mixer will follow, and the AIBP will not be allowed to be used there. I would definitely take a drink with me and mention to the Host my feelings about the new policy.

Sorry for the delay. We do not need names. It is like open house for the hour. At this time it will be from 11:00am - 12:00pm in

Club6. The venues are always subject to change at the ship's discretion. It is a no host bar, which means everyone is responsible

for their own drinks. Dry snacks will be provided. There is a new policy for events, as follows:

BEVERAGE PACKAGES CANNOT BE USED FOR GROUP EVENTS,

SPECIAL OR PRIVATE EVENTS SUCH AS COCKTAIL PARTIES

WEDDING RECEPTIONS OR SIMILIAR FUNCTIONS

at this time we are showing 41 guests.

Best regards,

Craig Blish

Group Onboard Service Coordinator

Princess Cruises

cblish@princesscruises.com

661-284-4417

Email I received yesterday.....not sure what “group events” means but I agree this would be “batty” to include suite, elite etc in this policy. I have a feeling there will be blowback on this one. [emoji36][emoji36][emoji36][emoji36]

Then I would have to say Princess is going a little batty. What a weird policy. I wonder if that means the Suite, Elite and Platinum mixer will follow, and the AIBP will not be allowed to be used there. I would definitely take a drink with me and mention to the Host my feelings about the new policy.

The Meet & Greet could be an opportunity to make known one’s feeling on the new policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Email I received yesterday.....not sure what “group events” means but I agree this would be “batty” to include suite, elite etc in this policy. I have a feeling there will be blowback on this one. [emoji36][emoji36][emoji36][emoji36]

Not quite sure that Princess cares about blowback at this time. They certainly don't seem to care about how any of their cruisers are feeling about all the changes.

Maybe their PR department will spin this so "it's a benefit" to those of us who have the package.

I wonder if that means the Suite, Elite and Platinum mixer will follow, and the AIBP will not be allowed to be used there.

I asked that question as well on these boards and somebody said it only applies to private events. I see clearly that Princess states that:

BEVERAGE PACKAGES CANNOT BE USED FOR GROUP EVENTS,

SPECIAL OR PRIVATE EVENTS SUCH AS COCKTAIL PARTIES

WEDDING RECEPTIONS OR SIMILIAR FUNCTIONS

I will be disappointed if this is the case. I usually sail on the Grand and don't really feel like leaving the One5 to get a new drink during my visit to the PES cocktail party.

My guess as to why is Princess making this change to the drink policy at the group events. I think that Princess is concerned that at the large events people who get free (already paid for) drinks may share them with other passengers. This is only a guess on my part.

Just learned that the AIBP does not apply while at a M&M....is this a new policy from Princess, or am I just learning of it.

Doesn't seem fair to me....isn't an AIBP just that? Are there further restrictions on when, where or what events that are not allowed?

FYI...Princess meeting is called “Meet & Greet”.

Tom😎

It has been my experience that the bars are not set up for service and the most they ever did was dispense fountain drinks. It takes a lot of time for them to set up a bar and then a short time later take it down. The M&G on all the ships I have sailed excluding the Royal/Regal was held in skywalker's. That bar is not opened until later at night. In the morning there are not that many bars open on the ship. You may get to carry your drink a fair distance to the M&G.

It has been my experience that the bars are not set up for service and the most they ever did was dispense fountain drinks. It takes a lot of time for them to set up a bar and then a short time later take it down. The M&G on all the ships I have sailed excluding the Royal/Regal was held in skywalker's. That bar is not opened until later at night. In the morning there are not that many bars open on the ship. You may get to carry your drink a fair distance to the M&G.

Every M&G I have gone to had an open bar no matter what time of day it was and in the past you could use your drink package without problems.

On a cruise right now. This changeover to the "Permium Beverage Package" concept has every server I have dealt with confused. Some cruisers got a sticker others did not. Some servers still trying to say he AIBP package only gets a 25% discount while others say 40% on wine in the dining room. It is a confusing mess that requires an explanation to most servers you buy a drink from. Princess has done a very poor job of this transition.

On a cruise right now. This changeover to the "Permium Beverage Package" concept has every server I have dealt with confused. Some cruisers got a sticker others did not. Some servers still trying to say he AIBP package only gets a 25% discount while others say 40% on wine in the dining room. It is a confusing mess that requires an explanation to most servers you buy a drink from. Princess has done a very poor job of this transition.

What ship r u on?

Here is what Princess says on the web:

Your Premier Beverage Package includes:

·All beer, wine by the glass and cocktails $12.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s) or $16.00 AUD and under for ships based in Australia

·Bottled water (500ml only)

·Fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), specialty coffees and teas, Red Bull energy drinks

·Gong Cha items (if available)

·Frappe’sat Coffee & Cones

·Smoothies and milk shakes (if available)

·Enjoy the convenience of your beverage package on our Private Islands and all food and beverage venues that offer beverage service

(Shouldn’t all include M&G’s?)

The package includes an extra 25% discount on the following items that are otherwise excluded from the package:

·All bottles of wine

·One-liter bottles of water (if dining at a specialty venue, a large one-liter bottle of water, still or sparkling, is covered by the package)

·Canned soda, and bottled juices