Talking a walking stick/crutch onboard RCI ship

ace2542

again, standard procedure to quarantine anyone with gastro issues and they are VERY good at containing it. just because no one else YOU KNOW OF h also had the problem does not mean no one else did. they only have to report an outbreak if a certain percentage of crew/pax come down with symptoms.

as for refusing to pay the service charges.. that is just Karma. t

the way I read the article, the reimbursement for the broken leg and follow on care was NOT denied due to her current diagnosis of cancer, but on a previous diagnosis of something else( which the article conveniently leaves out) and was this travel insurance or actual medical insurance that covers you internationally? Travel insurance covers issues with the actual vacation: not your health. in fact many of the policies specifically ban reimbursement based on past medical history. not even all 'cancel for any reason' policies will cover long term or chronic medic al issues.

most medical insurance will NOT cover you outside of your home country.

you keep harping on these to the point where I think you are trying to find an excuse to not take this cruise at all.

It was 4 days into the cruise. If he had walked on that ship ill by day 4 half the ship would be ill and they weren't.

It was 4 days into the cruise. If he had walked on that ship ill by day 4 half the ship would be ill and they weren't.

No way to prove that. Just because it took 4 days to manifest does not mean he was contagious or that it manifested on board. And it doesn't matter, regardless. They did the correct thing quarantined g him, period. He probably gave them a hard time and challenged security which is why he was banned. The Captain can kick you off his ship for any reason.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No way to prove that. Just because it took 4 days to manifest does not mean he was contagious or that it manifested on board. And it doesn't matter, regardless. They did the correct thing quarantined g him, period. He probably gave them a hard time and challenged security which is why he was banned. The Captain can kick you off his ship for any reason.

We had noro at our workplace a couple of years back. There are 63 people working here in this call centre it went through us in half a day we all got sent home and the place shut down. Our customer flew in and was transported by coach to the cruise ship on a 50 or however many person coach. The noro spread would start onboard the coach. There was no sign of an outbreak on the ship apart from him that we know of 4 days into a cruise. It would have ripped the ship to pieces especially in a hot eastern med environment. So how can they say he lied or imply it and they only ask a health questionnaire once?. Leaving a bill unpaid could constitute fraud/theft. But U.S immigration seem more concerned with "the lie" meaning he would lie about other things. There was no arrest warrant on him nor court case to recover any outstanding money so far as I am aware.

Edited by ace2542

And that the right of any immigration department. Why are you so hung up on what happened to a client years ago wrt your own upcoming trip? You are either healthy enough to travel, or you aren't. If you aren't, one would assume you would do your fellow passengers the courtesy of being honest and straightforward and abiding by the final decision of the ships doctor and captain. It is your responsibility to assure you have proper travel insurance

And that the right of any immigration department. Why are you so hung up on what happened to a client years ago wrt your own upcoming trip? You are either healthy enough to travel, or you aren't. If you aren't, one would assume you would do your fellow passengers the courtesy of being honest and straightforward and abiding by the final decision of the ships doctor and captain. It is your responsibility to assure you have proper travel insurance

I don't think it is right to refuse to refund trips that costs thousands of pounds. If they do health checks at one port do them at all. And they shouldn't snitch on people aboard the ships. Reporting a person for lying to get on a ship to U.S immigration is measure meant to punish and is frankly childish.

I don't think it is right to refuse to refund trips that costs thousands of pounds. If they do health checks at one port do them at all. And they shouldn't snitch on people aboard the ships. Reporting a person for lying to get on a ship to U.S immigration is measure meant to punish and is frankly childish.

I think it's time for you to put on your big boy pants and take responsibility for yourself. People buy insurance for things like illness preventing them from cruising. Suggest you do the same and then you would have no issues. Why should the cruiseline bear the brunt of your selfishness (boarding or attempting to board a ship while ill, thus subjecting others to your illness).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-36721785

The insurance refused to pay out for the treatment. A lot of travel insurance won't pay for curtialment of holiday due to sickness or refusing of boarding or entry to a country.

That was one of the least informative articles I've ever read. So I googled. And sadly she died.

The US doctors found that her cancer had spread to brain *and bones*.

And the amount she owed is FAR more than what a broken leg would cost, so it's pretty apparent that she was being billed for them testing and getting the extra info. Since it was a metastasis, that falls under pre existing conditions. If the health portion of her travel insurance didn't specifically cover pre existing conditions, then that would be why they wouldn't cover that.

The followup also said that she had required a special air ambulance to get home, and they required extra insurance on her which cost money.

This is so far beyond what you watered it down to.

He was 4 days into cruise when he got ill. If he had noro the entire ship would have been down and no one was.

We had noro at our workplace a couple of years back. There are 63 people working here in this call centre it went through us in half a day we all got sent home and the place shut down. Our customer flew in and was transported by coach to the cruise ship on a 50 or however many person coach. The noro spread would start onboard the coach

1. Your workplace needs to start stringent hand washing policies. Any adult catching noro has literally one person to blame, and it's themselves.

2. That's not how noro works.

Noro doesn't spread like wildfire all on its own. It spreads when one person touches a surface with it on it then puts their hands to their face so it goes into their system, without washing their hands first. All one has to do is never put their hands to their face without having washed them, and you're fine.

When I hear of outbreaks I know there's a lot of gross non hand washing people out there.

My son had it when he was little. Twice. Neither dh nor I got it because we washed our hands constantly.

My son had it 2 years ago. I was exhausted and a bit lazy, and I got it a full WEEK later. Dh never got it. HE wasn't lazy. He washed his hands.

I have no idea what else was going on with the immodium guy. But immodium is not for a cold, which is what you sounded like you were worrying about. Just bring it on on your own if you wish. They don't look at things like that. The guy had to have brought himself to the attention of personnel in some other way.

I think it's time for you to put on your big boy pants and take responsibility for yourself. People buy insurance for things like illness preventing them from cruising. Suggest you do the same and then you would have no issues. Why should the cruiseline bear the brunt of your selfishness (boarding or attempting to board a ship while ill, thus subjecting others to your illness).

I have got insurance better than your health insurance in america it just don't cover denial of entry to a country no travel insurance does that I am aware of. Besides they can't refuse to refund for instance prepared onboard credit a bought drinks package which some lines do. I am still going to lie because at the end of the day I am not being locked up like a prisoner 24 hours a day for the entire cruise it defeats the purpose of going. I would rather be refused boarding than locked up. You don't get fed on lockdown either.

Strange coincidence I saw the guy and his wife tonight in a bar tonight after leaving work it is a small town we live in I see him all the time. He told me the full story. Locked in the cabin for 2 days was not fed on doctors orders which is bs and against whatever convention I am sure. The doctor then accused him of lying when he said he was well again to which responded you can put me of the ship that wasn't a problem to them he was given 5 minutes to pack told anything left behind would be burned. He cancelled the credit card thinking it would void the service charges but it didn't. Still don't see how U.S immigration get involved and they did question him about lying onboard the ship and therefore was lying to them.

That was one of the least informative articles I've ever read. So I googled. And sadly she died.

The US doctors found that her cancer had spread to brain *and bones*.

And the amount she owed is FAR more than what a broken leg would cost, so it's pretty apparent that she was being billed for them testing and getting the extra info. Since it was a metastasis, that falls under pre existing conditions. If the health portion of her travel insurance didn't specifically cover pre existing conditions, then that would be why they wouldn't cover that.

The followup also said that she had required a special air ambulance to get home, and they required extra insurance on her which cost money.

This is so far beyond what you watered it down to.

1. Your workplace needs to start stringent hand washing policies. Any adult catching noro has literally one person to blame, and it's themselves.

2. That's not how noro works.

Noro doesn't spread like wildfire all on its own. It spreads when one person touches a surface with it on it then puts their hands to their face so it goes into their system, without washing their hands first. All one has to do is never put their hands to their face without having washed them, and you're fine.

When I hear of outbreaks I know there's a lot of gross non hand washing people out there.

My son had it when he was little. Twice. Neither dh nor I got it because we washed our hands constantly.

My son had it 2 years ago. I was exhausted and a bit lazy, and I got it a full WEEK later. Dh never got it. HE wasn't lazy. He washed his hands.

I have no idea what else was going on with the immodium guy. But immodium is not for a cold, which is what you sounded like you were worrying about. Just bring it on on your own if you wish. They don't look at things like that. The guy had to have brought himself to the attention of personnel in some other way.

1: More than you will ever know.

2: And every person getting on the bus touching the hand rail to get on the bus may be infected and an average person touches there face many times per day don't they?.

So from that standpoint the entire ship would be infected by the time of the sailway party the amount of touching of handrails that goes on during and after the muster drill and before the sailway party they would have been in trouble given the typical actions of a group of boarding passengers. Lifts, to the cabins, then down/up the stairs or lifts to the buffet and then the bar and then maybe off to front the desk to have whatever questions then all down the muster drill using hand rails all the way tightly packed in group touching were everyone else has touched. Yet there was no problem.

It is also a citizenship thing isn't it. I remember the Nigerian woman giving birth on the American bound flight kid was ruled to be Canadian due to the location of the plane when the child was born.

Most countries do not recognize location of birth for citizenship.

US has the 14th Amendment that makes anyone born on US soil to be a US citizen. You can also be a US citizen born outside the US to US citizen parent.

Most countries do not recognize location of birth for citizenship.

US has the 14th Amendment that makes anyone born on US soil to be a US citizen. You can also be a US citizen born outside the US to US citizen parent.

Providing that citizen parent is eligible to pass the citizenship on if a baby is born overseas. To do so you have to lived in the U.S for a certain period of time as a child if giving birth outside of the country. Isn't it 5 years out of the first 14 years of your life with certain years?

Providing that citizen parent is eligible to pass the citizenship on if a baby is born overseas. To do so you have to lived in the U.S for a certain period of time as a child if giving birth outside of the country. Isn't it 5 years out of the first 14 years of your life with certain years?

Not sure. But that would eliminate many children of State Department families from doing so.

I know many that have spent nothing but vacation time in the US for their first 14 years.

Not sure. But that would eliminate many children of State Department families from doing so.

I know many that have spent nothing but vacation time in the US for their first 14 years.

I think kids of embassy staff get a free pass. Though this is sexist because it only applies to boys. Girls can walk in and have the baby if they wished to do so. Boys with foreign partners may struggle.

I was ill last week fine now even cam back into work half way though sick day but now might get something off colleague. I can hardly wear a surgeons face mask infront of him can i? Father does use a metal crutch when travel overseas he has a hip problem sometimes it locks up so he has to take that overseas with him. I don't trust the health insurance we have to pay out should it need to for anything they always find a way to avoid it.

Huh? ace2542, I don't understand what your point is on most of your posts, and what you are asking