How much time per day do you use your balcony - poll

LMaxwell

We really enjoy balcony time. I'd say 2 hours a day plus a couple more per day if it's a sea day. We don't go out much after dinner. Maybe one or two evenings before bed since it's usually midnight at least and we are tired. But breakfast every a.m. , watching the ship pull in and out of port, late afternoons reading or napping. We use ours quite a bit. That said out of the four we have booked 2 are outsides, one with a panaramic view. It doesn't ruin our cruise to not have one. We just spend more time on open decks then.

Although we have done insides for as long as 11 nights I really like at least a window. Insides are too small, dark and closet like. If the price is right we will get a balcony, otherwise it's ocean view for us.

Next month we have an aft balcony - love them!

Coffee or breakfast in the morning, read a book or nap in the early afternoon (on sea days) or look at the view while in port. Maybe a drink before or after dinner. And also use it at night (for stargazing... yeah that's it). ;)

And almost the entire time between getting access to our cabin and the muster drill (other than unpacking) on the first day.

I love the balcony. I always go out in the mornings and have a cup of coffee on there whether its a sea day or port day.

I also always go back in the evenings after we get back on the ship and have a salad and some cheese and a glass or 3 of a nice red and just listen to some music and relax. (Don't worry fun police, I always check with my neighbours that they are okay with my taste in music and that the volume is reasonable ;)

Before bed I always go out for a while just to sit and get some fresh air. On Sea days I go back a couple of times during the day too.

We start every morning off with Baileys and coffee. We often sit out on the balcony before dinner with a glass of wine. End the night relaxing on it before turning in. It's a great escape from the hustle and bustle and noise at any time of day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, do you order Bailey's from the bar? I'd do the same, but you can't get Bailey's through the Fun Shops anymore. Please tell.....

OK, do you order Bailey's from the bar? I'd do the same, but you can't get Bailey's through the Fun Shops anymore. Please tell.....

Last time I looked the Fun Shops offered Baileys online. You ccan order a bottle for your room before you even start your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last (and next) cruise we had a back corner balcony cabin. Spent far more time on balcony due to not being windy when moving, watching the wake, having 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a table, and being able to see in 2 directions. Felt like we finally justified the extra cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Generally everyday. Usually after we come back to shower for dinner and enjoy a drink on deck. Sometimes late at night with a drink. I actually enjoyed my CP balcony on Allure by just sitting and enjoying the soft music that played in the evening, if I stopped back their between activities....from our cabin I could hear the pool deck music if I sat on the balcony to read during the day. When we were on Harmony in a Boardwalk balcony near the Aqua Theater, we watched the shows from our balcony....no need to sit on those uncomfortable seats. I like that, also.

Good to know:D

Love having a balcony and can't imagine cruising without one now! Love having my coffee on it in the morning, standing with a glass of wine watching us enter and leave ports and at night just stargazing. It's so peaceful out there! You hear the waves much better and it's incredibly soothing to me. Even when we come back to the room throughout the day or are taking turns in the bathroom, DH usually finds me outside...lol! We are traveling with our family of 7 this time around and booked our veranda cabin and 2 inside cabins to save money, knowing we can ALL use our veranda.

The number of times we use it or the length of time we spend on the balcony has nothing to do with why we choose a balcony. We don't sit out there and read or sunbathe, but we do step outside many times each day, no matter what the weather - check the sea conditions, admire the view (yes, even when we're at sea and there's only 'sea' in the view!), snap a few pictures, get a breath of fresh air. Every cruise we've been on, there's been at least 1 spectacular moment that made the price of a balcony well worth it: a sunrise over Seattle, a whale breaching about 200 feet from our rail, a distant lightning storm at night, a full moon reflecting on the waves, an unobstructed view of mist swirling around mountaintops going through the Inside Passage, a rainbow over Maui and another in the New Zealand fjords, stepping out as we go under the Golden Gate bridge in the early morning (without having to change out of our PJ's!)..... These are the reasons we choose a balcony and we start each trip wondering "what will our 'spectacular moment' will be on this cruise?"

We prefer aft facing balcony rooms and we've been fortunate enough to do so our last four or five cruises. We're on the balcony a lot - sail away, coming in to port, leaving port, open water. We have yet to nap out there though. Hopefully we'll have time on our upcoming sailing and plenty of room!

It varies, but at least some every day. We're usually out there when arriving or leaving a port, but we use it more on sea days, especially me. I do like to read on the balcony when the weather is right. My husbnd uses it more for fresh air and to see the sights when land is visible, or porting.

I eat a very early breakfast, then grab a coffee and sit on my balcony reading for a while before heading out for the day. In the afternoon, if on the shady side of the ship, I spend more time reading and even a nap. Then at night I just sit and listen to the waves and water.

I like having coffee/ breakfast in the morning. Other than that I just like the extra room it provides. I'm claustrophobic and while I'd love an interior or ocean view suite because other than the occasional coffee on the balcony I'm not in the room. I wish I could save the difference.

We would drink our morning coffee there. Maybe even a second morning cup after breakfast. We loved having it as a quiet space after the crazy port days. Even just keeping the door open while laying on the bed and looking out was my favorite way to nap. I did not realize how important it would be to me to have a balcony.

We say we would rather be in an inside cabin than not on the cruise but we definitely prefer the balcony. Breakfast on the balcony, hanging out at sea or coming into and out of ports. Watching other ships leave, having a cocktail before supper, going out to see sunrises and sunsets, or just watching the water go by; and a few photographs and videos of all of the above. I'd say we probably spend a couple of hours a day in good weather which would not include embarkation day for winter cruises.

Sent from my VS995 using Forums mobile app