What to do with the Elite minibar for a non alcohol or coffee drinker?

Vexorg

My next cruise coming up in December will be my first as Captain's Circle Elite, which means that I will presumably get the minibar setup in my room. I don't drink alcohol, so this doesn't do me much good. I've heard that people have been able to trade their minibar setup for a couple of coffee cards, but I don't drink coffee either (me and caffeine don't exactly get along.) That doesn't leave a lot of options.

After doing some reading, it looks like I could swap the alcoholic beverages for various sodas, but my wife and I typically do the UKP on these cruises so I'm not sure we'd really have any need for that either. Given all that, I'm kind of at a loss for what to do with the minibar. Any suggestions?

My next cruise coming up in December will be my first as Captain's Circle Elite, which means that I will presumably get the minibar setup in my room. I don't drink alcohol, so this doesn't do me much good. I've heard that people have been able to trade their minibar setup for a couple of coffee cards, but I don't drink coffee either (me and caffeine don't exactly get along.) That doesn't leave a lot of options.

After doing some reading, it looks like I could swap the alcoholic beverages for various sodas, but my wife and I typically do the UKP on these cruises so I'm not sure we'd really have any need for that either. Given all that, I'm kind of at a loss for what to do with the minibar. Any suggestions?

Not Elite....yet....but I heard you can get some OBC in place of the mini bar or coffee cards.

You can swap them for soft drinks. The contents of the bar are to be consumed in your cabin which would make the UKP not relevant unless of course you had planned to bring the drinks back to your cabin one at a time. It is simply convenient to get something to drink in your cabin without having to visit a bar.

The coffee cards will get you more than coffee. Fancier tea that what's available in the buffet, hot chocolate (those are both unlimited). Requiring a punch you can get fancy iced teas and malt-like drinks (if you do a search you can find the menu).

If the caffeine in coffee is your problem, they have decaf.

Or as others stated, give the alcohol in the mini-bar away (we've had quite a few tablemates who would be really happy to get those little bottles;)), get all water or all soda or a combination OR take the coffee card to the M&G and gift them to someone.

There are lots of non-caffeinated drinks at the coffee bar. All of the coffee specialty drinks can be made with decaf. The mocha is decantly like a dessert. Nice assortment of teas (one that is decaf/for free with a card). I have them turn it into an iced tea.

You can trade alcoholic drinks for non...Perrier, club soda, etc.

Have never heard of the mini-bar being turned in for OBC. Interesting.

You can make friends by giving it away. I always give a drink or two to the cabin steward. I always say clean my cabin first and all the beers are yours. I don’t like beer.

The head waiter at Alfredo’s always had a table for me by a window he like the Courvoisier Cognac.

I have at least 4 Coffee Cards with no punches. So I don’t need them either. No I don’t want to sell them on eBay.

Pam that’s a great idea about the Coffee Cards thanks.

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO

@hashcroft: I never pay this much attention, because I don't drink alcohol, beer or coffee, and I buy the Soda Package. So the mini-bar is wasted on me, except I might take a can of soda or two from the fridge.

I think the bar was stocked with 2 miniature bottles of cognac, 2 of vodka, 2 of gin, 2 of scotch. I think 2 cans of beer and 2 cans of coke? Maybe some bottles of water.

My wife and I are both elite, so the two of everything might have been 2 set-ups instead of one setup.

@hashcroft: I never pay this much attention, because I don't drink alcohol, beer or coffee, and I buy the Soda Package. So the mini-bar is wasted on me, except I might take a can of soda or two from the fridge.

I think the bar was stocked with 2 miniature bottles of cognac, 2 of vodka, 2 of gin, 2 of scotch. I think 2 cans of beer and 2 cans of coke? Maybe some bottles of water.

My wife and I are both elite, so the two of everything might have been 2 set-ups instead of one setup.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can make friends by giving it away. I always give a drink or two to the cabin steward. I always say clean my cabin first and all the beers are yours. I don’t like beer.

The head waiter at Alfredo’s always had a table for me by a window he like the Courvoisier Cognac.

I have at least 4 Coffee Cards with no punches. So I don’t need them either. No I don’t want to sell them on eBay.

Pam that’s a great idea about the Coffee Cards thanks.

Tony

I think I would insist on giving you a twenty for a coffee card. Only fair. At least I would try.

I am totally confused here. We are currently on the Reflection TA and the mini bar has a purchase list for all items. Nothing is free!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is about the Elite/Suite mini bar on Princess cruises.