Need idea on Copenhagen Hotel in Sept 5-7, 2018

Shaver John

We are going to be in Copenhagen from Sept 5-7,2018 and boarding the Regal on the 8th. We are looking for a mid price hotel, around $300 a night, good location, and safe. Any ideas? We are looking online but do not know where the ship will be when we board so it is difficult to know what area is best. We plan to purchase the Copenhagen Card for the 2 days we are there so we will be busy just looking around for the 2 full days we will be there. Any help will be appreciated.

Regal docked at Oceankaj port when we did the Baltic. We stayed at Crowne Plaza Copenhagen because we wanted a hotel near the airport.

For hotels near downtown, you can have additional info on the Northern Europe & Baltic Sea Port of Call Forum:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?192https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?192

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've stayed at the Scandic Copenhagen twice before cruises on the Regal. Both time booked thru Princess at a great rate, and it includes the breakfast buffet and transfers from the airport and to the ship. Location is only a couple blocks 5 minute walk to Trivoli. I loved Copenhagen, it is a very walkable city

We stayed at the Hilton which is and I mean it literally directly across from the Copenhagen Airport. Walk out the airport door and cross the street (3 minute walk). We took the train into Copenhagen each day. Easy as pie. Spent three nights at the Hilton prior to the cruise. Then we took the train to the the closest stop to the pier and walked maybe 15 minutes from the stop to the pier. Easy again. We are big do it yourself people.

Please note that the airport Hilton is now a Clarion hotel.

We stayed at the Marriott and it was great. On the canal and walkable to Tivoli Gardens.

We also stayed at the Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers near the airport. It was also nice and included breakfast.

We stayed at the Hilton Airport (now Clarion) last year, taking advantage of a killer B&B deal for hilton honors members - big rooms (i.e. US-size), with air-con and only a quarter-hour into the city by metro. We're travel light people - doesn't fit in a carry-on, it doesn't come on vacation (besides, there's reasonably priced laundry facilities on-board), so we just took the metro to Norreport and then the bus to Oceankaj - 40 mins total...

Regarding the Copenhagen Card - I'd check the website's calculator to see whether this pays-off and remember that the built-in "free" transport is based upon the cost of a 24-hour all-zone transit pass (DKK 130) rather than the City Pass (DKK 80). In addition Copenhagen is a very walkable and pedestrian friendly city, so transit costs are minimal.

We stayed at the Copenhagen Plaza (Profil Hotels) before our cruise in May of this year.

It was located right next to the main train station and also right next to Tivoli Gardens. We were happy with the location. The service at the front desk was excellent (they helped us get our delayed luggage). It is an older building and the room was comfortable and clean, but pretty basic. We opted for the lowest priced room - it was on the second floor with a view of the trains. The room had a tiny balcony and doors that opened for fresh air (we had read reviews that people didn't like the train noise, but it didn't bother us at all). If you get a room on the other side of the building you can see the tivoli fireworks from your room.

There was a Starbucks in the train station, a bakery about a block away, and a hotdog cart outside of the train station (try a hotdog while you are there).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We stayed at Hotel Tiffany. Small local hotel ... VERY clean ... wonderful staff ... nice "snack basket" ... fresh baked goods for breakfast ... a couple blocks from main train station and Tivoli Gardens ... lots of great restaurants within a few (walkable) blocks.

We stayed at Comfort Inn

https://www.nordicchoicehotels.com/hotels/denmark/copenhagen/comfort-hotel-vesterbro/

It is in a great area. Just down from train station and Tivoli Gardens. Rooms are small but include breakfast. The rooms were clean. We stayed in September this year prior to getting in the Regal Princess for our Transatlantic

Ditto! And opposed to US Marriott's, they serve free wine and beer in the Executive Lounge.

A bunch of us CCers stayed at the Copenhagen Marriott after a EB TA in April-May 2010 and for some reason we all got rooms on the Executive level, but we didn't pay the usual higher rate for them. I thought only guests in those rooms had access to the Executive Lounge. Perhaps you were staying on that floor (the top one), as well. We rarely stay in Marriotts stateside.

I've stayed at the Scandic Copenhagen twice before cruises on the Regal. Both time booked thru Princess at a great rate, and it includes the breakfast buffet and transfers from the airport and to the ship. Location is only a couple blocks 5 minute walk to Trivoli. I loved Copenhagen, it is a very walkable city

So happy to hear this. I am on a RCI cruise going out of Copenhagen and I have this hotel.

We are going to be in Copenhagen from Sept 5-7,2018 and boarding the Regal on the 8th. We are looking for a mid price hotel, around $300 a night, good location, and safe. Any ideas? We are looking online but do not know where the ship will be when we board so it is difficult to know what area is best. We plan to purchase the Copenhagen Card for the 2 days we are there so we will be busy just looking around for the 2 full days we will be there. Any help will be appreciated.

We always stay in Nyhavn...right on the water at Hotel Bethel. It is clean, good breakfast, easy to walk to many sights, and very reasonably priced. You can check it out at www.hotel-bethel.dk