Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Hi friends....if you could put out a good word for me........I have to have an MRI of my left arm tomorrow........I haven't mentioned it on here but for the past 2 months I have had a pain.......sometimes bad, sometimes not so bad.....I have had x-rays.....now the Doc is having me do an MRI since he cannot figure out what is causing the pain:(:eek:

It is partially around the elbow.........and the forearm area........and sometimes my fingers get numb........you know, like when

your hand falls asleep so it has been various things:eek: and I know there is something wrong because my right arm is fine and only you

know when something is not right on your own body.......hoping the MRI shows something.

WOW Jillyf.....23 moves! We have lived in our current home for almost 38 years. I can't even imagine the effort that would be required to move at this point. And I know that move is coming. Too many stairs in this house and we are out in the burbs. When driving becomes an issue, getting around will be an even bigger issue. Best wishes for moving into your next home!

Lois...positive thoughts!

Lois, putting out whole paragraphs for you! You will be having your big birthday soon and this entails that you will be dealing with pains and discomforts that will not mean anything is particularly wrong, but you do the right thing in ascertaining the cause. Welcome to the Golden Years...

My husband was in the army for 22 years. They moved you about every 2 years in those days. Then worked as a management consultant till retirement and we moved a few times with that.

Lois, I hope the MRI shows something that needs just a little tweak and you are out of pain.

Lois, putting out whole paragraphs for you! You will be having your big birthday soon and this entails that you will be dealing with pains and discomforts that will not mean anything is particularly wrong, but you do the right thing in ascertaining the cause. Welcome to the Golden Years...

Thanks Cam:)

Good morning.......thanks Spins, Mysty and everyone.

Spins, looks like some of the survivors and their families are going to Tallahassee..........these young adults are pretty

amazing.......Rick Scott should be ashamed of himself.........he was invited to the Town Hall (tomorrow night) and declined

the invitation.

Hi JP, thank you:) I have never had something like this happen before and it sure is a PITA.....or a PITE.....in the elbow:rolleyes:

Thanks for the thoughts.........I appreciate all of them:)

So much to catch up with here today!

Blimey Jilly....so many moves...very brave! Having the renovations done is my chance now to be ruthless with disposing of stuff that's just been hanging around 'in case of'!

The exciting bit is now happening as the decorating commences.....some of the lighting is in and so far looking great...l have everything planned for master suite completion in three weeks at which point I'm hoping to be back in my own bedroom!

Lois, hope all goes well for you....had my annual review with the Dr this week and all is well...probably because l don't tell her too much!!

Such a beautiful spring day here in Wales....makes one feel so much better......😊

Greetings Coolers! Pouring rain today! Snow is melting. Not done with winter yet so when the freeze returns.....dreadful ice will result. Can't wait for May!

Miss S. your reno sounds wonderful! The countdown to the return to your haven of peace has begun!

J...brunch looks YUM! I used to love having breakfast for dinner. Haven't done that in eons.

Have a great day all!

Hi..........I am home and unfortunately I could not finish the MRI:(

I didn't realize how tight the machine is and once I went in........well, lets just say I had a panic attack........:eek: they had to

take me out...........the gal was very nice but I could not do it.......felt as if I was going to die.:( and I guess I thought it would

be like a cat scan. I don't normally get claustrophobic but in this case.........yikes........it was REALLY BAD......

Anyway, she said they have larger machines at another location and that my Dr can give me a Xanax or Valium beforehand.........I will have to speak with my Dr.

Hi Lois! I had to have an MRI a few years ago related to hearing issues. Nasty experience! No sedative and it took all my will power to tough it out! Hope your next go is easier for you!

Hi Mysty, I started crying as soon as I was out.......it was a horrible feeling...the tech was so nice........she said about 10% of people have this reaction........not alot of us........but I couldn't help it........I felt like the machine was going to fall on top of me.:(

there are "open" mri's as well.

ask about them, just remember that if you go out of plan it could be costly.

Hi Spins, thanks for the information:).....I will keep it in mind.

Lois, did your technician prepare you for the exam, by talking to you in detail about the machine sounds and claustrophobic sensation you would experience? If he/she did, and still you got the panic attack, then a sedative is called for. I was given a detailed explanation, and was able to coast through it fine. Without the explanation, all would easily panic.

Lois, did your technician prepare you for the exam, by talking to you in detail about the machine sounds and claustrophobic sensation you would experience? If he/she did, and still you got the panic attack, then a sedative is called for. I was given a detailed explanation, and was able to coast through it fine. Without the explanation, all would easily panic.

Hi Cam, they were all very nice but no.....they did not tell me how tight the machine was beforehand.........they put a pair of headphones on me because they said it would be too loud otherwise........well, that was not the issue..........but I wasn't given a detailed explanation about it, no. As for the meds.....they cannot prescribe it and I didn't know this was going to be so bad so I didn't get anything from my GP before hand..........