Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Hi Coolers...........this is a sad day here again.........there was a ANOTHER school shooting in the Ft. Lauderdale area earlier this afternoon:mad::(

Not sure how many kids were killed yet but at least 14-16 have been shot.........when will ever end?:mad:

My sympathies to the victims and their families of the latest school shooting! It will only end when the "powers that be" examine the relevancy of the Second Amendment to the Constitution written in 1791 to the current world. The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Times have changed since that Amendment was created. Refusal to consider it's relevancy is not serving the population now.

Bob voyage emtbsam.

On another note...

Parkland is less than 10 miles away.

Not that it matters where this happened because this violence is pervasive and horrifying.

A premeditated crime made possible by the availability of weapons.

Once again in America we mourn children shot in schools.

When will we wake up to stop this.

I mourn our devastating loss, the heinous crimes and our country's lack of addressing and fixing of the gun issue and mental health issue.

It is a sad part of human nature that once you gift someone a right you can't easily take it back. As I understand the offered logic, it runs that bearing arms actually reduces the number of people dieing from guns. Sadly as Americans will never appoint a President on the promise of bansishing guns, then I see no solution to it, and the inescapable truth is the number of casualties will increase year by year because this epidemic is the right that Americans appear to wish to preserve.

We are reading about this today because it is children but as I understand it around 100 Americans are shot to death each and every day or around 38,000 each year but two-thirds of those are suicides, Two people every few days are killed through clumsiness in handling firearms. In the UK approximately 15 people are killed by someone else shooting them and around 80 people shoot thmesleves.

I guess that as I'm unable to make up my mind which is sadder, the suicides or the killings then they are both equally extremely sad.

Still, Coolers .... we will continue to enforce our ban on bath sharp weapons and sharp words and hope that we can continue in peaceful contemplation of unlimited cocktails and drinks and hope that this pervasive nastiness passes us by at a safe distance. Safe and lovely travels emtbsam.

:)

Bob voyage emtbsam.

On another note...

Parkland is less than 10 miles away.

Not that it matters where this happened because this violence is pervasive and horrifying.

A premeditated crime made possible by the availability of weapons.

Once again in America we mourn children shot in schools.

When will we wake up to stop this.

I mourn our devastating loss, the heinous crimes and our country's lack of addressing and fixing of the gun issue and mental health issue.

Hi Spins.........I echo you......the guy had an ASSAULT RIFLE:mad:

My sympathies to the victims and their families of the latest school shooting! It will only end when the "powers that be" examine the relevancy of the Second Amendment to the Constitution written in 1791 to the current world. The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Times have changed since that Amendment was created. Refusal to consider it's relevancy is not serving the population now.

Thanks, Mysty, for this. I was not aware that the right to bear arms was enshrined in the context of a militia. This made sense for a country in the 18th century in a state of war. It does not make sense in the 21st century in the context of assault weapons.

Rp

Very very sad news again, sympathy to those across the pond who are suffering.

It's a very frightening world we live in today.

Loved the pancakes...didn't make any this year, like them both savoury and sweet.

Well done to the those who celebrated Valentine's Day....it was the first anniversary of my fathers passing.

Renovation work is progressing very well as we are now in decorating mode....just hoping all the colours I've chosen turn out good!!

Happy Day 😊

Greetings Coolers! Temperature roller coaster continues...35 F at 8:36 am. Weather has been all over the map here this year.

Miss S....Hope your colour choices work beautifully. I find looking at tiny swatches of paint colours make it difficult to imagine whole walls of it.

Lovely tasting glass J! For some reason I have never mastered the stem on a wine glass. We use stemless here for that reason. Not sure what my problem is. Just never got comfortable with finger positioning on the stem.

Another interesting article. However, a word of caution because the meat being discussed may be offensive to some. Stop reading here if that might be the case. The article title is "The Mane Course".

https://www.1843magazine.com/food-drink/the-mane-course

"I am spattered with red wine. My shirt is ruined. And I can’t move. It’s the lunch crush at Pepèn, a sandwich shop in Parma where locals pack into a space smaller than a boxing ring, bellowing food orders, bantering with staff and, in one case, bumping a glass of Lambrusco across me. My attention, however, remains locked on the counter ahead. Behind it: a brick of raw horse meat.

I wave my receipt but the servers are labouring in a blur, snatching buns from the steaming oven, smearing on homemade mayo, slicing minced horse, the crimson flesh jiggling on a metal spatula until it’s slapped onto bread, followed by a spritz of lemon, a slop of olive oil, then a snowfall of salt and a slice of grilled courgette, with a spoonful of spicy sauce to finish." - Tom Rachman

Have a great day all!

Good Afternoon Cookers ....

Just to please the sensitivities of some of our posher Coolers, tasting glasses! :)

d30e591f82f8c81b7682a06594647688.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GIGGLE!

As long as you enjoy whatever you pour, it doesn't matter a lick what you put it in!

We've enjoyed lovely champers in a paper cup when out in the field hunting. (that sounds irresposible, but it's always AFTER we end and the dogs are put up!)

Greetings Coolers!

TTS....I prefer enrichment lectures on sea days. :) And thankfully I don't wear flip-flops.

Here is something beautiful!

Kwon, O Chul is a landscape astrophotographer in Korea, born in Seoul in 1974. He started night sky photography in 1992 and held his first solo photo exhibition in 1996. He works as network engineer by day time and takes night sky images on every clear weekend night.

Have a great day all!

15871718_1017133648414144_4131632372704818698_n.jpg?oh=dedeadbd1c33a9bbc6dfdd8eb38c5e24&oe=5B1444EE

Greetings Coolers!

TTS....I prefer enrichment lectures on sea days. :) And thankfully I don't wear flip-flops.

Here is something beautiful!

Kwon, O Chul is a landscape astrophotographer in Korea, born in Seoul in 1974. He started night sky photography in 1992 and held his first solo photo exhibition in 1996. He works as network engineer by day time and takes night sky images on every clear weekend night.

Have a great day all!

15871718_1017133648414144_4131632372704818698_n.jpg?oh=dedeadbd1c33a9bbc6dfdd8eb38c5e24&oe=5B1444EE

That is the most beautiful picture, I live in hope of seeing the Northern Lights one day but I doubt they will be as spectacular as this.

Thanks for brightening my day.

Rp

Thank you Mysty for your informative and many times funny postings. They bring a smile to my morning face.

TTS, I've heard similar stories (not as violent) from this line's passengers; years ago, my aunt was invited (actually won a prize) for a cruise in this line and she was disgusted with several passengers' behavior... including inebriated ones puking on decks. Hopefully, these incidents would be few and far between...

Mysty, thanks for posting. We also dream of seeing the aurora. But so far we have been foiled every time. Iceland loves to provide excellent cloud cover, especially when we visit.

I have read that the colors of the aurora are much brighter when photographed, than you can perceive with the naked eye. The reason for this is that the aurora is dim. When you look at dimly lit objects your eyes mainly perceive them in black and white (rods vs cones). But a long 20 or 30 second camera exposure can collect enough light to amplify the color and create beautiful images, as above.

Some day we hope to test this explanation in person!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Most welcome fellow Coolers! :) In our current world we all need more beauty and laughter and light-hearted fun. And JP thanks for the scientific explanation for the colour vibrancy in the photograph. The colours are what drew me to the picture.