Transferring reservation

Hsmama

please help me understand what this is..... I've been researching,and it seems that I could potentially book a cruise initially with the cruiseline,and then if I found the same cruise with a Travel Agent,I have a certain number of days to transfer the entire booking to them? And this would mean the booking stays the same,but I could possibly get some perks added,like OBC or something that is being offered? How do you do this, call the TA you want to transfer to,and ask to do it? Is it that simple? And if I paid a deposit initially, I don;t need another deposit to switch it? How many times can I switch it to another company(not saying I will, but what If I wanted to,can it be done?) I'm asking b/c I have an Amex offer that only kicks in if I book with the cruiseline itself, but the cruise I'm considering comes with better deals attached thru an online TA that I found..... any advice appreciated thanks

The transfer process and how it works varies by Cruise Line so be sure you know the rules of how it works and if you can transfer the booking the time frame that you have to make your design in.

If you can move it then sure your TA could provide you with amenities such as OBC.

Keith

Make sure that the TA you have chosen does not have booking fees, cancellation fees, etc. before you make the call. You will need your booking number. It is much more difficult to get the booking back from the TA if you are not happy. EM

@essiesmom so is it a better idea to stick with whomever I first choose?

Perhaps you don't fully understand the concept.

Once you transfer a cruise from the cruise line to a travel agent (within the allotted time window with your purpose being to get more perks), that TA (in essence) becomes the entity from which you've purchased the cruise (even though your credit card payments go to the cruise line). If you then decide you want to change TAs for that booked cruise, you would need the original TA to agree to release the "ownership" of that booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As far as the transfer procedure , a good TA will know and handle the procedure for you . Just pick a good one ( interview first ) , get a good offer without fee's .

Once the TA has your booking, it would be very difficult to change to another TA or Back to the cruise line so choose well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As far as the transfer procedure , a good TA will know and handle the procedure for you . Just pick a good one ( interview first ) , get a good offer without fee's .

Once the TA has your booking, it would be very difficult to change to another TA or Back to the cruise line so choose well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Some cruise lines will (on a case by case basis) take back a booking if the situation warrants it (e.g., TA goes belly-up).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You could also double check on the Amex offer. The one I've had in the past did not matter how I booked the cruise. The charge goes through the cruise line either way. If you find an agency that wants to charge you instead of having the charge go through the cruise line, run.

And check out what the various TAs offer and what is important to you.

For me, due to a lot of work international travel, I cannot check fares on a regular basis for better deals. So a TA who does this, is more important to ME, then more OBC.

And I just transferred two reservations. I contacted the TA, gave them both the booking numbers as well as images (did phone photos) of the actual invoices. I got an email from the TA later that day that they had requested the transfer. Then over the next couple of days, I got a separate email form RCI for each booking being transferred.

Yes, I kept all my perks from RCI, plus am getting some OBC from the TA.