Another Diamond drink question?

ValerieJo

I'm aware of the drinks available from the Diamond Lounge menu. My question is regarding the 3 drinks on the sea pass card. When you go to one of the bars to get your drinks, are you still limited to the same menu from the Diamond Lounge or are the bartenders a little more flexible about what you order? For example, could I possibly order a frozen pina colada at the bar to count as one of my 3 drinks? Thanks.

We went to one of the bars and ordered a glass of white zinfandel. Something I always get in the Diamond Lounge. They told me it was not covered. I even brought the covered drinks list to show the bartender. They claimed it was an old list.

We went to one of the bars and ordered a glass of white zinfandel. Something I always get in the Diamond Lounge. They told me it was not covered. I even brought the covered drinks list to show the bartender. They claimed it was an old list.

Maybe it depends on the ship. I have usually seen one white; usually Chardonnay, and one red; usually Merlot. Not a big selection of wines on the free list.

On recent cruises, I have found a letter left in our cabin listing drinks available under the Diamond perk. Sometimes it is a card. Either way, I usually carry it around with me to avoid any disputes. I have also found bars displaying a sign with the same list of drinks available for Diamond. Probably not the case for all ships but again this is handy for avoiding any confusion.

Certainly nothing new. Diamonds have never been able to get frozen drinks in or out of the lounge.

I saw one lady get served frozen drinks in the D lounge on Freedom. The server brought it in from the bar outside the lounge. Now maybe that lady paid for it or had a drink package or tipped real well but I have seen it.

I saw one lady get served frozen drinks in the D lounge on Freedom. The server brought it in from the bar outside the lounge. Now maybe that lady paid for it or had a drink package or tipped real well but I have seen it.

I suspect a nice cash tip which works wonders in other bars too.

Lounge bartenders on various ships will often make special drinks if you ask nicely and have tipped before. Also in most, or maybe all, of the lounges I have been in,(and that's a lot) the bartenders are making "special" drinks such as lemondrops, cosmos, "fake" chocolate martinis, etc.We often get bloody marys which, tho' vodka is on the list, mix is not, so these are also "special" drinks.

Lounge bartenders on various ships will often make special drinks if you ask nicely and have tipped before. Also in most, or maybe all, of the lounges I have been in,(and that's a lot) the bartenders are making "special" drinks such as lemondrops, cosmos, "fake" chocolate martinis, etc.We often get bloody marys which, tho' vodka is on the list, mix is not, so these are also "special" drinks.

My experience too although not all bar tenders will do it.

Maybe it depends on the ship. I have usually seen one white; usually Chardonnay, and one red; usually Merlot. Not a big selection of wines on the free list.

Usually 3 red - merlot, cabernet, shiraz - whites - chardonnay, Pinot and maybe one more

I suspect a nice cash tip which works wonders in other bars too.

It depends on the server. My husband asked for a mixed drink that wasn't on the "list," and he was served with a smile. When they saw us come in each evening, that drink was handed to him. We also gave that server a nice cash tip at the end of the cruise.

It depends on the server. My husband asked for a mixed drink that wasn't on the "list," and he was served with a smile. When they saw us come in each evening, that drink was handed to him. We also gave that server a nice cash tip at the end of the cruise.

Do you mind sharing which drink that was?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums