LIve from The Ruby November 4, 2017

arizonaperson

Magic to Do show was cancelled for Tuesday, November 7th due to a show member injury. Tony Baker a comedian was the 7pm & 9pm entertainment, we really enjoyed Tony.

Today is a sea day. So the onboard outlet sale and culinary demonstration are starting at 10am.

Linda Gray( actress)will be speaking in The Princess theater at 2pm.

Magic to Do production show is suppose to be tonight at 7:45 & 9:45pm.

Tonight is formal night and Captains circle parties. Balloon drop is 10:45/11pm.

Crab Shack is offered tonight 6pm to 9:30pm in Cafe Caribe.

Quite a few trivia games today.

Ricardo Capraro the Hotel General Manager has his family onboard. We see them out and about the ship.

Tonight is Oktoberfest dinner buffet and lunch buffet theme is Fish Market.

So much or so little to do on a sea day.

Thanks!!!

Great trip report and updates!

Perhaps the Ruby will get some updating in some of the cabins and public areas, along with the new TVs.

I know that I certainly wouldn't want to spend my own cruising time trying to post photos! I am onboard to enjoy the experience!

I was just interested to see the mid-ship non-obstructed OV cabins, between the lifeboats, looking up from Promenade Deck, on the Starboard side. If any current or future cruiser happens upon the opportunity.

In San Diego today. Sunny day, but cool.

We rented a car and now we are in Coronado exploring. Got off the ship today a little after 10am,easy. My DH was born and raised here. Can’t really comment on the touristy things because that’s not what we’re doing today in San Diego .

I’ll try to take a photo on deck 7 looking up to deck 8 on starboard side midship.

I have the disembarkation information in my cabin and I’ll try to post it later .

Fun cruise,but a lot of the staff not very friendly like I’m use to on Princess.

Great talk yesterday in The Princess theater with Linda Gray,loved it.

Julie

We were in San Diego yesterday and saw your beautiful ship. In fact, we saw it sail in. We disembarked the Celebrity Infinity(full PC transit) the previous day and stayed the night. We went over to Coronado and had a great time. We walked 10 miles that day. Yesterday was a gorgeous day. I hope you had a ton of fun.

We are on the Ruby right now also. We have found the crew to be as friendly as always. This morning, Friday, the ship was ordered by the Mexican Navy to stop and look for a distressed sailing vessel with 6 aboard so we were diverted from our arrival in Ensenada. The Navy found the vessel on the shore so we have been released to continue on to Ensenada. The Captain made an announcement at about 6 AM in all the cabins etc and then later about 7 or so that the vessel had been found.

Last night was Italian night in the MDR with waiters appropriately dressed. Today we will be doing the ship's La Bufadora Adventure. We have been here before and have done the wine tour. Yesterday in San Diego we did the HOHO and USS Midway on our own. Old San Diego was really interesting.

In San Diego yesterday we docked bow in and the dock was on the port side. Security screening was in the building vs on the ship, but all belts had to come off if you were wearing one. Showed only cruise card no ID.

Captains Circle party- 605 gold,348 Ruby,755 Platinum, and 462 Elite. The most traveled had 1,542 days.

At a little after 6am the bridge came on in the room over the loudspeaker to say The Ruby Princess was going to do a search pattern and needed passenger help along with The Mexican Navy to look for a sailboat with 6 passengers that made a mayday call.

At about 6:45am another announcement came and the boat was found near the shore by The Navy.

We would resume course and be in Ensenada about 1 1/2 hour. We pulled into the harbor a little after 8am. Almost to the dock.

Julie

We had James, Personal Services Director, at our M&G. He said that he reads CC all the time and was well aware of the butter upheaval. He explained that the ship was merely trying to stop the waste of butter so they only put one pat/pax on the table but pax may request all the butter they want. Moral is simply to ask for more and you will receive.

We were in Ensenada today and went on the ship tour to La Bufadora (blow hole) and had a great time. I would recommend the excursion. Our driver and guide were excellent. We have taken excellent care of the ship and will be welcoming the new pax for the Mexican Riviera cruise the week coming up. We will still be aboard.

We had James, Personal Services Director, at our M&G. He said that he reads CC all the time and was well aware of the butter upheaval. He explained that the ship was merely trying to stop the waste of butter so they only put one pat/pax on the table but pax may request all the butter they want. Moral is simply to ask for more and you will receive.

We were in Ensenada today and went on the ship tour to La Bufadora (blow hole) and had a great time. I would recommend the excursion. Our driver and guide were excellent. We have taken excellent care of the ship and will be welcoming the new pax for the Mexican Riviera cruise the week coming up. We will still be aboard.

James was excellent at the M & G as was Lisa. The butter explanation was informative. Wonder how many other things they can also cut waste on.

We had a nice cruise and wish we were staying on,but...

Julie

Enjoy this next part of your cruise!

I am hoping you continuing your review. We will be on the Ruby, Mexican Riviera cruise in February. I would love to follow along on your trip. Getting excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Enjoy this next part of your cruise!

I am hoping you continuing your review. We will be on the Ruby, Mexican Riviera cruise in February. I would love to follow along on your trip. Getting excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have done the Mexican Riviera several times. We disembarked today, so no continuation of this Live or Llve.

Julie