Allure: Confessions of a solo passenger

hucifer

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

Soooo...I guess that means we're friends??  The whole enemy of my enemy thing.

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

Soooo...I guess that means we're friends??  The whole enemy of my enemy thing.

You betcha!

last week I was in a bar Alabama - Georgia game

struck up conversation with a couple about who we were rooting for

where we were from etc

when I said I lived in Michigan she got BITCHY. I even said State and I liked Ohio state. Still bitchy. First time that’s happened. So, I did what I must and turned my attention to her male companion!

2 minutes ago, purpleally said:

You betcha!

last week I was in a bar Alabama - Georgia game

struck up conversation with a couple about who we were rooting for

where we were from etc

when I said I lived in Michigan she got BITCHY. I even said State and I liked Ohio state. Still bitchy. First time that’s happened. So, I did what I must and turned my attention to her male companion!

Ohio State fans MAY just have a SLIGHT reputation for being a LITTLE bit obnoxious.  😏

Just realized this review is over a year old and the OP hasn't been on since Sept.

Still, I really like her writing style, pretty much the same way as my thinking style. And who doesn't appreciate some good sarcasm?

But it's going to take me a few days to wade thru this. I wonder if I can bookmark the last post read🤔

32 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

If you click on the star in front of the thread title it should take you where you left off.

Got it. I guess I've always read the threads to the end. So when I click on the star, it would take me to the first new, unread post. I don't think I realized it would take me mid-thread to an old, unread post as that has never happened.

Cool, thanks! 👍

14 hours ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

I’m reading this on my phone and the OP pictures didn’t show, but everyone else that commented with pictures did. 

Anyone know why!

I don't think anyone can see pictures in the OP. The links do not identify valid/existing pictures.

On 5/22/2018 at 5:48 PM, hucifer said:

Oh, HELL yes it is. I make a point to dab in public simply because it embarrasses the crap out of him.

No way on this hybrid stuff; you are a full-blown poster if you've replied TWICE. That's the law. Look it up.

I'm glad you posted again. :)

Are the meds so that you forget how much time had passed?

Yes, but you know a LOT more about me than I know about you, including my most private fantasies about Mexican crew members with sunglasses and clipboards. Here are my criteria for a solo cruise:

1) On a week I don't have my son

2) Out of a Florida port

3) Prices are no more than $100pp/day

4) Plenty of male eye candy on board

I actually considered starting a "Let's plan a solo RCI cruise" thread. Could be VERY interesting. :confused:

Ohhh, I want to join you too! I went solo for the first time with 2 other couples a month ago on Freedom.  I'm doing it again in October but with new friends from my last cruise! I love your sense of humor! I'm a year younger than you but we aren't old! 40's are the new 20's 😉😂 I love the idea of a solo RCI cruise!!! 

22 hours ago, Biker19 said:

If you click on the star in front of the thread title it should take you where you left off.

Quick update: that works fine as long as you don't post in the thread. Once I've posted, it always takes me to the last unread after my post.

So even though I'm still reading page 3, when I click the star it takes me to page 14. 

Not complaining, just want to share some new CC format navigation knowledge.

• 3 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:00 PM, Tahina cruising said:

Ohhh, I want to join you too! I went solo for the first time with 2 other couples a month ago on Freedom.  I'm doing it again in October but with new friends from my last cruise! I love your sense of humor! I'm a year younger than you but we aren't old! 40's are the new 20's 😉😂 I love the idea of a solo RCI cruise!!! 

Okay, so I have no idea if you'll see this since you posted last year, but I am going solo again this October on the Grandeur. I wonder if I should start a "Grandeur solo traveler takeover" thread.

• Like 4

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:09 PM, scorpluvsdolphins said:

I’m reading this on my phone and the OP pictures didn’t show, but everyone else that commented with pictures did. 

Anyone know why!

Yeah...no.

The photos are still there on my Facebook page. So I blame Facebook.

3 hours ago, hucifer said:

Yeah...no.

The photos are still there on my Facebook page. So I blame Facebook.

Likely a problem when the software used for this website was changed. You might try an email to community@cruisecritic.com with a link to the OP.

Please keep writing reviews. This one was most entertaining.

8 hours ago, broberts said:

Likely a problem when the software used for this website was changed. You might try an email to community@cruisecritic.com with a link to the OP.

Please keep writing reviews. This one was most entertaining.

Thank you, Broberts! I enjoyed writing it.

The issue happened well before the website changed, so I don't really know what happened. So I will still blame Facebook.

Is there a better place to upload photos? I tried Instagram, but didn't really care for that.

16 hours ago, hucifer said:

Okay, so I have no idea if you'll see this since you posted last year, but I am going solo again this October on the Grandeur. I wonder if I should start a "Grandeur solo traveler takeover" thread.

I am seeing it! You should start a Grandeur solo traveler takeover thread 😊 I'm going somewhat solo in October on the Freedom. I'm meeting the people I met on my November cruise 😊 I'm already thinking ahead to next year for going completely solo. 

4 hours ago, hucifer said:

Thank you, Broberts! I enjoyed writing it.

The issue happened well before the website changed, so I don't really know what happened. So I will still blame Facebook.

Is there a better place to upload photos? I tried Instagram, but didn't really care for that.

With the new website you can upload photos directly. See the choose files link at the bottom of the post editor when entering a new post.

One can also create shared photo galleries (and reference the pictures in posts). See 

for details.

On 3/28/2019 at 6:43 PM, hucifer said:

You should.  Wife & I have been on GoS several times.  Baltimore is very convenient for us (1hr drive) and we seem to prefer the smaller ships.  It will be a very different experience than the Allure.  We find the crew to be extremely friendly.  Also, IMO, more make your own entertainment and less waiting for the cruise staff to entertain you.  An advantage for us is there seems to be more at sea days which we like.  The 1st and last days can be inside days depending on the weather.  Enjoy!

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 11:03 AM, Tahina cruising said:

I am seeing it! You should start a Grandeur solo traveler takeover thread 😊 I'm going somewhat solo in October on the Freedom. I'm meeting the people I met on my November cruise 😊 I'm already thinking ahead to next year for going completely solo. 

Hey! You came back! Alright, I'll start a thread and hope the idea catches on. I love it when I make friends on cruises and agree to meet up with them again. :)

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 7:35 AM, bobmacliberty said:

I use Shutterfly.  Free and easy to use...cut/paste directly into your post with no additional clicking or coding.  I used to use Photobucket.  Never again.

Thank you for the suggestion!

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 11:22 AM, broberts said:

With the new website you can upload photos directly. See the choose files link at the bottom of the post editor when entering a new post.

One can also create shared photo galleries (and reference the pictures in posts). See 

for details.

Okay, this is another great suggestion. Thank you! :D

18 hours ago, do_not_spindle said:

You should.  Wife & I have been on GoS several times.  Baltimore is very convenient for us (1hr drive) and we seem to prefer the smaller ships.  It will be a very different experience than the Allure.  We find the crew to be extremely friendly.  Also, IMO, more make your own entertainment and less waiting for the cruise staff to entertain you.  An advantage for us is there seems to be more at sea days which we like.  The 1st and last days can be inside days depending on the weather.  Enjoy!

I haven't figured out how to multiquote yet.

I have been on Rhapsody, and I absolutely loved her and her staff, but that was back in 2011. Am looking forward to a long solo getaway on Grandeur. It pleases me to see so many positive reviews on her.

Also, testing the whole new photo capability...

ETA: It works! But how long is my photo going to stay there. Hmm...

20170813_131759.jpg

Edited by hucifer

To multiquote click on the + button to the left of the Quote link. The + will chance to a checkmark and a count box will appear in the lower right corner of the window. Click a checkmark to remove the quote. Click the x in the count box to cancel all of the quotes.

When ready to reply, click on the count button (not the x).

22 minutes ago, broberts said:

To multiquote click on the + button to the left of the Quote link. The + will chance to a checkmark and a count box will appear in the lower right corner of the window. Click a checkmark to remove the quote. Click the x in the count box to cancel all of the quotes.

When ready to reply, click on the count button (not the x).

Thank you. I totally did it wrong.

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 5:43 PM, hucifer said:

Oh come on. That's a bit disingenuous.  You hardly need to ask this question, you instant legend you. 

But the answer is yes.