Suite guest shouts profanities in concierge lounge- no consequences

On this week's Jewel cruise a suite guest showed disorderly conduct when she yelled across the concierge lounge profanities for abvout 5 minutes. She stood up at the bar and asked for everybodies attention in the lounge and shouted ",,,,fuxxxxxxing captains table...." and at least 10 times "....fuxxxxing Pinnacles......".

Big drama ended in an executive officer meeting next morning with no noticable consequences: no excuses to lounge guests which have been insulted, no banning from the lounge nor any other sanction.

Is this RCCL's new version of code of conduct?

You already flogged this incident to death on FB.

Is pot-stirring on CC necessary, too?

I'm sure she got a warning and told not to do it again.

Yeah it's bad behaviour but what do you expect? A personal apology and to get to witness her being flogged?

Just like when some other kid hits or pushes or insults my child at school. I get told about the incident. I don't get told what was done or said to the other child.

For privacy reasons they won't tell you. And honestly I don't see what you are getting so worked up about? Some drunk idiot yelled things? Not the end of the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As long as it didn't happen again everyone should breathe a sigh of relief.

We have been aboard the Jewel of the Seas for 20 days now and I can tell you the executive team aboard this ship are top notch! I trust their judgment and I am sure they really have the whole story....and did what needed to be done, no more and no less. By the way if you have not been aboard the Jewel recently please visit her as it's an amazingly run ship, the food is amazing and the crew are all awesome!

The best solution fleet-wide would be to stop serving free alcoholic drinks in an environment that encourages rapid consumption (getting the unlimited free drinks drunk before the window closes). Problem sorted.

Perhaps after this event there were more severe consequences for the staff who allowed the passenger to become drunk?

The best solution fleet-wide would be to stop serving free alcoholic drinks in an environment that encourages rapid consumption (getting the unlimited free drinks drunk before the window closes). Problem sorted.

Perhaps after this event there were more severe consequences for the staff who allowed the passenger to become drunk?

Why?

It was 1 drunk on her first cruise and because it was a suite she obviously thought she was above respectable behaviour.

Shocking behaviour but the question is whether this was a one off and as a result of too much alcohol. A reprimand and warning would seem reasonable. One would argue that a ban from being served any more alcohol would also seem appropriate.

I don't believe she should be kicked off the ship but then I wasn't there to witness the incident.

I wonder what would you have done if you ran a small hotel, and this persons action upset other guest?:rolleyes:

Alcohol is not the problem. Sometimes people are just idiots. Don’t penalize those who are responsible.

One person creates an issue and the solution has to affect many other people? It isn't as if we are hearing stories of this type of behavior happening routinely. Your solution reminds me of elementary school where one kid would act up and everyone would have to stay inside for recess.