$10 Sale on over 3000 Hot Cruise Offers

Just received an email re $10 sale on over 3000 hot cruise offers. Now that got my attention.

In addition, if you book by 8/12, you get OBC.

SPAM ? Where, on Sydney Harbour Ferries? :loudcry::mad:

Just received an email re $10 sale on over 3000 hot cruise offers. Now that got my attention.

Make $10 deposit by 24.12.17

In addition, if you book and pay in full by 8/12, you get $100 OBC.

SPAM ? Where, on Sydney Harbour Ferries? :loudcry::mad:

That is cheap, the more you book the more you save.

$10 deposits are great if you are in a job where cash flow is highly variable.

I guess I don't trust the cruise lines to give me my big deposits back, if circumstances change (not covered by insurance). Not that Aussies are conditioned to cancelling cruises!

Not interested in paying in full in advance, no matter the price.

However I'd love $10 deposit for a cruise I was interested in. I'm shocked by the amount of deposit required by some cruise lines.

For me it depends on the cruise and the amount, sometimes I want to lock it in. the low deposits are an advantage though.

I guess I don't trust the cruise lines to give me my big deposits back, if circumstances change (not covered by insurance). Not that Aussies are conditioned to cancelling cruises!

Mainly because low deposits are rare and we tend to lose our deposits if we cancel or pay a fee.

This very small deposit offer reminded me of a story on here or maybe FB a year or two back when a guy made a booking with a TA with a $1 deposit offer. The deal required payment with Credit card ($1) and then full payment at some later date.

The guy did not take much notice of the T&C's, and when the date for payment of balance arrived he decided not to proceed with the cruise & took no action. I recall he said something like "ha! $1, they can keep my dollar!". They did, along with the several hundreds of dollars of cancellation fees he was up for by not cancelling in time, all legitimately charged to his cc. He was not a happy chappie :-)

A trifling deposit is likely to have severe cancellations conditions attached, along with a very early final payment date, but would be attractive in certain circumstances, particularly having to have multiple substantial deposits in place for upcoming cruises.

This very small deposit offer reminded me of a story on here or maybe FB a year or two back when a guy made a booking with a TA with a $1 deposit offer. The deal required payment with Credit card ($1) and then full payment at some later date.

The guy did not take much notice of the T&C's, and when the date for payment of balance arrived he decided not to proceed with the cruise & took no action. I recall he said something like "ha! $1, they can keep my dollar!". They did, along with the several hundreds of dollars of cancellation fees he was up for by not cancelling in time, all legitimately charged to his cc. He was not a happy chappie :-)

A trifling deposit is likely to have severe cancellations conditions attached, along with a very early final payment date, but would be attractive in certain circumstances, particularly having to have multiple substantial deposits in place for upcoming cruises.

I recall that story, so it must have been on CC.

Pays to always check the fine print.

I also recall that story and we did have several cruises booked using the $1 but went ahead with one and cancelled the other (that was supposed to be Oct year on the Aria).

I think as stated above by someone these small deposits are good if the cruise is a long way out and you dont want to outlay $800.

We use our FCD with Princess but with Royal sometimes book through an online TA for better pricing and OBC........we know the deposit is non refundable, and final payment is usually earlier so just check, but usually easily extended out if you pay the required deposit.

We did a $25 deposit for a cruise that was cancelled due to redeployment, booked another one as Royal was offering extra OBC to rebook, Online TA wanted the usual $400p/p deposit, I called and they agreed to use the original $25 deposit AND gave us the original $200 OBC plus Royals $100. Final payment is a month earlier than usual, but the cruise is not until 2019!!

I think as stated above by someone these small deposits are good if the cruise is a long way out and you dont want to outlay $800.

We use our FCD with Princess but with Royal sometimes book through an online TA for better pricing and OBC........we know the deposit is non refundable, and final payment is usually earlier so just check, but usually easily extended out if you pay the required deposit.

We did a $25 deposit for a cruise that was cancelled due to redeployment, booked another one as Royal was offering extra OBC to rebook, Online TA wanted the usual $400p/p deposit, I called and they agreed to use the original $25 deposit AND gave us the original $200 OBC plus Royals $100. Final payment is a month earlier than usual, but the cruise is not until 2019!!

Good negotiating.