Passport Report

I mailed my passport renewal on November 20.

The date of issue inside my passport is November 28.

I am holding my new passport in my hand today, December 1, but it arrived either November 29 or 30. (I've been out of town). It was sent USPS Priority Mail, but I didn't not use expedited service. Apparently, that's what they are using now.

So, to recap - 10 days from putting the old one in the mail slot to holding the new one in my hand.

:) :) :)

Great! Our question (and don't expect anyone has the answer) is we have to renew our global entry, which expires in july, and trying to figure out how long it will take and whether we need a new in person appointment! Oh well. We start the process in May and hope it's done by the time we fly to Copenhagen for our Serenade TA.

Great! Our question (and don't expect anyone has the answer) is we have to renew our global entry, which expires in july, and trying to figure out how long it will take and whether we need a new in person appointment! Oh well. We start the process in May and hope it's done by the time we fly to Copenhagen for our Serenade TA.

Same for me mailed on the 20th of November and in my hands on Nov 29!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am holding my new passport in my hand today, December 1, but it arrived either November 29 or 30. (I've been out of town). It was sent USPS Priority Mail, but I didn't not use expedited service. Apparently, that's what they are using now.

So, to recap - 10 days from putting the old one in the mail slot to holding the new one in my hand.

Thank you, Hillary.. :D

Wow that was fast!

When (and on which ship) do you begin your travels?

Hugs for the grand baby !:)

We mailed ours the same day to Irving, TX. Still in process according to my inquiry today.

Just curious where did you send yours to?

Not sure about GE, but we have SENTRI which also gave us GE and as near as I can tell the renewal is done online with no new in person interview.

Not sure about GE, but we have SENTRI which also gave us GE and as near as I can tell the renewal is done online with no new in person interview.

James, have you actually renewed your SENTRI, that sounds suspicious to me. I recently renewed my NEXUS, and an interview was required. Since I live in Maryland and the nearest interview location is on the Canadian border, it was some time after expiration that I got the opportunity for the interview.

One thing that isn't publicized is that if you submit the online renewal application before the ;expiration date, the "expired" card remains valid until the new card is activated.

Roy

James, have you actually renewed your SENTRI, that sounds suspicious to me. I recently renewed my NEXUS, and an interview was required.

I have not and going back to look at the CBP www site it does say an interview and fingerprints are needed for renew. Interesting it says you can start the renewal a year in advance, but the expiration date is still five years after your current card expires.

I guess I will have to put that on my calendar.

BTW: we just used our GE on a HKG to SFO flight last month and it was amazing. From plane to curb in less than 30 minutes.

Welcome to the new baby! We're on the January 28th cruise with you. I got a soft case for my mah jongg set to make bringing it easier.

As to GE, when I went with a friend to EWR for her interview and asked her to ask about the renewal process. I was told complete the update online and then they will decide on whether we need an interview. So we will see. Had to redo my fingerprints last year because the main es weren't reading them. Expecting that at least one of will need an interview.

I'm glad to read that! I sent mine in yesterday. We don't cruise until April, but I realized I couldn't get our train tickets to Vancouver since mine expires in March. Hubby is anxious that the train will sell out before I get my new one.:D

Edited by LH25
spelling